Cabinet Sanchez song

Discussion of, and other things related directly to, original Spamusement comics.

Cabinet Sanchez song

Postby apronymaniac » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Due to my laziness while quoting a silly song in a thread here recently, I searched for the lyrics and came upon TheMadMusicArchive. Hooray! So far only a quarter of my music collection is made up of 'silly songs' so I'm sure I'll make use of it. Anyway, I was surprised to see on the songs page that there's a song called 'you were wrong cabinet sanchez'. Did anyone else here know about it?

Now you will all post links to the previous threads about it and I'll feel disappointed about being the last to know, but I will drown my sorrows in new silly songs.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Veepa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:45 pm

That's pretty crazy.

You can download it here.
(Right click and save as..)

The song pretty much sucks, but the reference is cool.
Long live the new flesh.
Veepa
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby apronymaniac » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:20 pm

Well that doesn't actually download the song, just a link to play it over the internet... however, with my newly-activated TheMadMusicArchive login, I can download the whole thing, joined to such songs as 'My Cat is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner.' :D That site seems to be more massive than MASSIVE! *dances*
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby James » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:05 pm

apronymaniac wrote:My Cat is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

That started out only OK, but got great.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Zecc » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:54 am

Veepa wrote:The song pretty much sucks

It doesn't totally suck. It's actually very listenable, and the lyrics are great.

I somewhat dislike the singer's voice, and a 32 kb/s sample that stops suddenly (and so close to the ending! :x) doesn't cause such a good impression, but other than that I quite like it.
TehBuzzy wrote:Signature quotes are fun
bottlecap: Bring me back some soiled panties from a vending machine.
mulpis: Um, ew?
bottlecap: What?!? It's the name of my favorite country song!
Zecc
Makes LOLCATS

Postby JiuNoon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:51 pm

I dug it up until the bridge.
JiuNoon
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby caboosewasframed » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 pm

I could see a song called "You Were Wrong Cabinet Sanchez" sung to the tune of "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. Anyone else? Eh?
caboosewasframed
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby kupo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 pm

caboosewasframed wrote:I could see a song called "You Were Wrong Cabinet Sanchez" sung to the tune of "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. Anyone else? Eh?

Er.

"You were wrong Cab-i-net Sanchez
You were wrong, and not right
But I think it will all be okay
And everything, alright"

o_O
a signature
kupo
Impresses the Females

Postby Shoebox » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:16 pm

Heh. I was just checking the forums to see what people were saying about "test oyl" (I've been a lurker for a while now,) and lo and behold, you guys are talking about my friggin' song.

"you were wrong cabinet sanchez" (proper capitalization supressed to preserve accuracy of original e-mail title) is indeed my musical response to the spam of the same name, as seen on this here site.

The song has been on the Dr. Demento show a bunch of times. I'll throw a streaming version on my myspace page soon so you can hear the whole thing ( http://www.myspace.com/wormquartet ) - currently the song is exclusively available on the "Laughter Is A Powerful Weapon, Vol. 2" Hurricane Katrina benefit comp, which you can buy at http://cdbaby.com/cd/fmsc2

This is information.
-=ShoEboX=-
Worm Quartet: http://www.wormquartet.com
First Church of Pac-Man: http://www.firstchurchofpacman.com
Shoebox
Loves Herbal Vi@gr@

Postby Mimiheart » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:22 pm

James wrote:
apronymaniac wrote:My Cat is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

That started out only OK, but got great.
My son actually can sing the entire song from start to finish. This wouldn't be that shocking, except he's four years old.

My husband has an extensive comedy collection...
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:31 pm

Shoebox wrote:The song has been on the Dr. Demento show a bunch of times. I'll throw a streaming version on my myspace page soon so you can hear the whole thing ( http://www.myspace.com/wormquartet ) - currently the song is exclusively available on the "Laughter Is A Powerful Weapon, Vol. 2" Hurricane Katrina benefit comp, which you can buy at http://cdbaby.com/cd/fmsc2

This is information.

how many people buying the cd would get that song? I mean, I haven't listened to it yet, but if it's based on this site at all...
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby apronymaniac » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:04 pm

Mimiheart wrote:My husband has an extensive comedy collection...
Does he want to trade or something? I have 733 'silly' songs (a minority of which are admittedly more educational than silly) and 4.9 days of comedy radio shows and other stuff (not counting the Dutch version of h2g2, because I don't understand it), and I'm always looking to expand my collection. A lot of my stuff is free.

By the way, does your son actually have a cat?

Shoebox, I like the other Worm Quartet stuff too, you have good rhyme, rhythm and unreason. :)
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby apronymaniac » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:09 pm

chrismachine wrote:how many people buying the cd would get that song? I mean, I haven't listened to it yet, but if it's based on this site at all...
It doesn't refer specifically to the cabinet sanchez, I think it would make sense to most people but they would wonder why the protagonist had such a weird name.
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Mimiheart » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

apronymaniac wrote:
Mimiheart wrote:My husband has an extensive comedy collection...
Does he want to trade or something? I have 733 'silly' songs (a minority of which are admittedly more educational than silly) and 4.9 days of comedy radio shows and other stuff (not counting the Dutch version of h2g2, because I don't understand it), and I'm always looking to expand my collection. A lot of my stuff is free.

By the way, does your son actually have a cat?

Shoebox, I like the other Worm Quartet stuff too, you have good rhyme, rhythm and unreason. :)
Last I checked, he had close to 10,000 songs. (Just double-checked... he says at least that... 2.4 gigs worth.) He's been on Dr. D. (Christoph--Soft Wars)

No, we've got three dogs though...

We're fans of the Worm Quartet here, too.
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Shoebox » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:32 pm

how many people buying the cd would get that song? I mean, I haven't listened to it yet, but if it's based on this site at all...

Here's the story: I got the idea a while back to write a handful of songs based on the subjects of spam e-mails that I had received (or that other had received and told me about.) I explained this to a friend, and he in turn informed me of the existence of Spamusement. I fell desperately and passionately in love with the site, and when I discovered "cabinet sanchez" I decided the title was too bizarre not to be a song. As a matter of fact, so far it's the ONLY spam-title song I've actually recorded so far, though I have many written, some of which I'll record one of these days (and most are based on spam titles I received, not ones from this page.)

So all there really is to "get" is that it's a song based on the title of a spam e-mail. The rest is pure goofiness, and not related to Spamusement (though I certainly credit StevenF with exposing me to Mr. sanchez and his now-infamous wrongness.)

And thanks for the kind words, apronymaniac! Glad you enjoy my stuff!
-=ShoEboX=-
Worm Quartet: http://www.wormquartet.com
First Church of Pac-Man: http://www.firstchurchofpacman.com
Shoebox
Loves Herbal Vi@gr@

Postby apronymaniac » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:36 pm

Mimiheart wrote:Last I checked, he had close to 10,000 songs. (Just double-checked... he says at least that... 2.4 gigs worth.) He's been on Dr. D. (Christoph--Soft Wars)
Surely it's more than 2.4GB... just my 733 silly songs (1.4 days worth) is 2.04GB, and the rest of the comedy (which is mostly radio-quality, about 6MB per half hour show) is 2.02GB for 5 days worth (I forgot about a few in my last post.) Maybe you mean 24GB.

But anyway, wow, 10000 is a lot, were they all from Dr. D? I want to know which artists he knows of that I can become obsessed with.
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Mimiheart » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:21 pm

apronymaniac wrote:
Mimiheart wrote:Last I checked, he had close to 10,000 songs. (Just double-checked... he says at least that... 2.4 gigs worth.) He's been on Dr. D. (Christoph--Soft Wars)
Surely it's more than 2.4GB... just my 733 silly songs (1.4 days worth) is 2.04GB, and the rest of the comedy (which is mostly radio-quality, about 6MB per half hour show) is 2.02GB for 5 days worth (I forgot about a few in my last post.) Maybe you mean 24GB.

But anyway, wow, 10000 is a lot, were they all from Dr. D? I want to know which artists he knows of that I can become obsessed with.
I did mean 24... :oops: He was standing right behind me talking, and I couldn't do it right. *sigh*

Not all are from Dr. D, some would have to be censored far too much to be on Dr. D.
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Return to The Original Spamusements!