Lack of new Spamusements

Discussion of, and other things related directly to, original Spamusement comics.

Why do you think there haven't any spamusements recently?

Stevenf took time off for the holidays
No votes
Stevenf got tired of it and stopped, leaving behind only this forum
30%
Stevenf has been REALLY busy lately, and needs time to catch up on things
70%

Total votes : 10

Lack of new Spamusements

Postby sillybear25 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:54 am

Has anyone else noticed the lack of new spamusements? They just stopped...
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

--Douglas Adams

Please don't correct me on this quote. It's been misquoted a frillion different ways. Chances are you're wrong too.
sillybear25
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby jamar0303 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:22 pm

probably stopped because he had too much else to do (he probably has a job) and figured that everyone else here would, in effect, cover for him (and what a mighty fine job everyone does- one of these days I'll make a spamusement).
jamar0303
Refinanced Your Mortgage

Postby DarthCat » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:35 pm

He drops by fairly often- he just isn't makin' comics himself right now. I expect that he'll probably answer this question soon enough- if he hasn't already.
DarthCat
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby James » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Well a while back he posted about this sort of thing. From what I remember, there were two reasons: he was getting married, and he'd pretty much taken the idea as far as he felt he could. I don't think he's given up on it completely, but the impression I got was that not enough ideas were really seeming worth drawing. Since then he has posted a few cartoons, though, so he hasn't exactly stopped; just slowed down. Quite a lot. But yes, I believe he has numerous other projects and a job and possibly even a life.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:59 pm

What James said. Basically its some combination of the last two options.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:40 pm

God knows this sort of thing can get tiring after a few years.
I'd prefer him to take it in a different direction altogether.. like a band going all prog-rock for their sophomore album.
Bring out the gongs and synths!
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:38 pm

I actually prefer the forums, anyway. There are several fresh perspectives. Plus, more comics because the odds of EVERYONE running out of ideas is nil.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby kupo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:48 pm

Dusk Bringer wrote:I'd prefer him to take it in a different direction altogether.. like a band going all prog-rock for their sophomore album.
Bring out the gongs and synths!

I want stevenf to start going all Daniel on his spam lines.
a signature
kupo
Impresses the Females

Postby Lambs_Cows_Lambs » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:42 am

Yes. We are the metaphoric turtle.
James wrote:And so we return to one of life's essential questions... which is worse: being burnt to death by a dragon or being raped by the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?
Lambs_Cows_Lambs
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Null » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:26 am

Lambs_Cows_Lambs wrote:[img]Lambs%20Cows%20Lambs%20gets%20it%20just%20right[/img]

Yes. We are the metaphoric turtle.

Lambs Cows Lambs wins in the ultimate winner type winning thing.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby stevenf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:39 pm

You're all right!

Well, the first really long hiatus was because I was getting married and it was just easier to not do strips while planning half a million things.

Then after the wedding I was like, hey, it sure makes my life easier not doing strips!! I should totally do less!

Really, though, after doing 300+, I kind of felt like I'd exhausted every possible innocent misinterpretation of every raunchy statement. It was starting to feel like I was repeating myself, and I think a couple of times, I literally was. I couldn't bring myself to post anything that didn't make me personally laugh, and I started running out of those.

Although I still have not OFFICIALLY thrown in the towel (I reserve the right to post surprise updates!!), clearly my output is greatly reduced.

I'm sure the people over on Disturbing Auctions would sympathize with you. I abandoned them first. But not before giving them a way to contribute to the site, and keep it alive, as I've tried to do here as well.

Believe me, I get several emails a month from people who are just now discovering Spamusement, and practically begging me to make more.

I still love drawing and humorous things, and would like to make another comic series someday that is completely different. I just haven't had a cohesive idea yet. A lot of half-ideas, but nothing that's lit the proverbial light bulb.

I am constantly having ideas for projects though (see also: Somniphobia). They always last a few months to a year, then I burn out, hand it over to the community, and move on to the next shiny new project.
stevenf
Exalted Founder and Grand Poobah

Postby Dusk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:04 pm

Seriously, though.. some of my cards were awesome.

Well, you deserve praise and thanks for giving us a place to meet awesome people and continued hilarity.
Keep us updated with your doings. It seems we're all (mostly [/newt]) like-minded so, chances are, we'll find it interesting.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby caboosewasframed » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 pm

You were behind Disturbing Auctions? Woah!
caboosewasframed
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Circuitous » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:11 pm

I put out three in an hour! Come on!
Tatsumakisenpuukyaku!
Circuitous
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Return to The Original Spamusements!