Find your match

The images are lost to the ages but the threads remain.
qupada
Wears a Rolex Replica

Find your match

Postby qupada » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Slow couple of weeks in the spam department.
As always, i'm going to apologise in advance, drawing with a tablet is something i haven't done in a long time.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:32 pm

Obviously, I didn't draw it. It's from a much older thread. But it seemed appropriate.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

deauthorized
Makes LOLCATS

Postby deauthorized » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:41 pm

To tell you the truth, that's the most beautifully-rendered match I've seen in my life.

Wears a Rolex Replica

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm

Both are excellent.
Guest: One step above n00b.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: Find your match

Postby chrismachine » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:57 am

qupada wrote:Slow couple of weeks in the spam department.
As always, i'm going to apologise in advance, drawing with a tablet is something i haven't done in a long time.
I keep hearing about drawing with tablets... I have photoshop for editing stuff, but I dont know about drawing with "tablets".. is there a good tutorial out there, or at least some quick explanation so I can figure it out? I mean I love Paint, but this might be useful information at some point...
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:15 am

First, you'll need to get a tablet. You can order them from a pha nmacy in Candia.

qupada
Wears a Rolex Replica

Re: Find your match

Postby qupada » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:10 am

chrismachine wrote:I keep hearing about drawing with tablets... I have photoshop for editing stuff, but I dont know about drawing with "tablets".. is there a good tutorial out there, or at least some quick explanation so I can figure it out? I mean I love Paint, but this might be useful information at some point...

I will confess, at this point, that my decision to buy the tablet was as much an exercise in preventing RSI in my wrists as it was for drawing (i've been using it instead of a mouse).

In short, you have a large flat pad, and a funny looking pen. The normal setup is the area of the pad maps exactly to the area of the screen... so you tap in the bottom right, you click in the bottom right.

The nib of the pen is pressure sensitive (generally the surface of the pad is completely inert), as is the 'eraser' at the other end (although both ends can be assigned to do whatever you like), and has a rocker switch on the side that gives you two extra controls (default here is middle and right click).

So basically, according to how you set the thing up, how hard you press gets you one or more of (and this is by no means a complete list)
a) smaller/larger diameter brush
b) more/less opaque brush
c) more/less fuzzy outline brush

I highly recommend wacom tablets, purely because the pen needs neither wire or battery to run, is 'charged' inductively from the pad in the same way an electric toothbrush charges.

It's night, so this picture is rather crap, but this is the 9x12" wacom intuos3 with the standard pen (there are others, optional accessories):
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc012040fz.jpg

And for the record, I don't have windows on this pc, they work just as well with Linux and free image editing software (The GIMP, Inkscape, Krita)

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 pm

well alright, I consider myself edified!

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:38 pm

I was picturing a room of people sifting vigorously through their pockets after someone just farted. Or maybe it would work if it was just after they realized someone farted. I dunno... just an idea.

This is a little too straightforward for me.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:12 pm

Ah, well, I figured I'd make one. It's been a little while anyways.

Find Your Match

Lambs_Cows_Lambs
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Lambs_Cows_Lambs » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:24 am

traubster wrote:Ah, well, I figured I'd make one. It's been a little while anyways.

Find Your Match

In this picture it looks like the old guy has found his match in that little boy searching for something in his pockets.
James wrote:And so we return to one of life's essential questions... which is worse: being burnt to death by a dragon or being raped by the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:38 am

Lambs' interpretation of Traubster's comic is the best thing in this thread.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 am

It was supposed to look like the guy had just farted and the little boy was looking for a match, but I do like lamb's interpretation better.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:36 am

"Guess who? Sorry to leave you so many messages. Just lonely here. Thinkin' about the muscly-armed paperboy. Wishin' he'd come by and bring me some good news."

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:43 am

"You're startin' to piss me off, you piggly sumbitch. CALL ME!"

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:44 am

"It must be my birthday!"

Return to “Missing In Action”