Work from home. Real employment.

The images are lost to the ages but the threads remain.
User avatar
CheapAlert
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:10 am

Work from home. Real employment.

Postby CheapAlert » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:37 pm

Image
Last edited by CheapAlert on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5698
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Downtown Boobginaville
Contact:

Postby catastrophile » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:42 pm

How come Daniel is logged in as Cheapy?
[/bastard]

User avatar
Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Postby Devilot » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:12 pm

... This Daniels. Hard.
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 14912
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:23 am

chrismachine wrote:
James wrote:
Devilot wrote:It doesn't ned. That implies a literal take on the subject line. This is just an unfunny and nonsensical take on the subject line. It daniels.

fork you.



hahaha, oh come on now. you can think what you want about daniel and how great he is etc... but everything she said about his comics is true. even if you enjoyed them, they were random, non-literal, and non-topical, and often nonsensical. whether it's funny is I guess up to you, but the rest cannot be denied.

Since I didn't see it at the time, I'll reply to this now. Everything she said is true? Half of the things she said was that he's unfunny. I don't think that's true. She's using his name as a derogatory term which is part of a campaign of snide comments that annoy me. She's quite entitled to that opinion and I'm quite entitled to object to it.

Besides, the reason Daniel started doing the nonsensical comics was because everybody complained about him doing really literal ones. YOU MADE HIM THAT WAY. Kind of.

So, in short, 'everything she said about them' is that they were 'unfunny and nonsensical'. I disagree with the 'unfunny'. If she didn't mean they were 'unfunny', she would have just used the term 'nonsensical' and not say that things 'Daniel'. Hence, fork YOU.

Devilot wrote:... This Daniels. Hard.

Yeah, fork you again.
SIGNATURE: GONE

User avatar
Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5273
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:24 am
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
Contact:

Postby Saltine » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:42 am

Fine, fine... how about this darsmunds?
--Saltine

User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach
Contact:

Postby Chrono Crow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Hahahahaha. He made one post. And that was it. God, that's hilarious.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

User avatar
Nik
Moderator
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby Nik » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:31 pm

We're right bastards, aren't we?
Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.

User avatar
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5698
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Downtown Boobginaville
Contact:

Postby catastrophile » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:09 pm

Saltine wrote:Fine, fine... how about this darsmunds?

We really oughta put that one on the most-talked-about . . . :D
[/bastard]

User avatar
Immortal Goat
WON THE LOTTERY
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Nerd Heaven
Contact:

Postby Immortal Goat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 pm

What gets me is that James takes it so personally when someone says they don't like Daniel's comics. Why is that? Sure, you're entitled to your opinion about the guys comics, but come on, most of Daniel's comics are completely nonsensical, and therefor, the majority of them are found to be unfunny by the majority of people. Cheapy's comic up top is no different, and therefor, it Daniels.

Get over it, for christ's sake.

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:45 pm

I kind of like how James stands up for a friend, despite the fact that I generally don't like Daniel.'s comics. I mean, if someone started insulting one of my friends I would probably flip out also.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Postby Devilot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:46 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:I kind of like how James stands up for a friend, despite the fact that I generally don't like Daniel.'s comics. I mean, if someone started insulting one of my friends I would probably flip out also.


The purpose of a friend is to flip out and kill people?
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Devilot wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:I kind of like how James stands up for a friend, despite the fact that I generally don't like Daniel.'s comics. I mean, if someone started insulting one of my friends I would probably flip out also.


The purpose of a friend is to flip out and kill people?
I'm not sure I mentioned anything about killing people. *checks* No I didnt. A good friend stands up for his friends IMO.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Postby Devilot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:52 pm

... Someone else take this one, please.
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

User avatar
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5698
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Downtown Boobginaville
Contact:

Postby catastrophile » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:06 pm

Daniel is a mammal?

I guess, strictly speaking, it should be "James is a mammal" -- but I like my way better.

Or maybe "Daniel and James are mammals" to square the conjugation.
[/bastard]

User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach
Contact:

Postby Chrono Crow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:21 pm

Devilot wrote:... Someone else take this one, please.


What? He has a point. Personally, I think he gets a bit TOO uppity, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same if one of you insulted Moni. But that's because she's a girl and girls are more emotional. Therefore, Daniel is a girl.

In all seriousness, defending a friend is wonderful and noble. But James maybe goes a bit overboard with his chivalry. I dunno, maybe it's a British thing.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

User avatar
Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Postby Devilot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:
Devilot wrote:... Someone else take this one, please.


What? He has a point. Personally, I think he gets a bit TOO uppity, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same if one of you insulted Moni. But that's because she's a girl and girls are more emotional. Therefore, Daniel is a girl.

In all seriousness, defending a friend is wonderful and noble. But James maybe goes a bit overboard with his chivalry. I dunno, maybe it's a British thing.


... I meant "explain my www.realultimatepower.net reference/gag." I can't really argue with GF, but he was kind of missing the point of my statement.
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

User avatar
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5698
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Downtown Boobginaville
Contact:

Postby catastrophile » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:32 pm

Daniel and James, they ain't nothin' but mammals, so they do it like they do on the Discovery Channel . . .

:x Sorry.
[/bastard]

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 pm

I definitely didn't get that reference, my apologies :)
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 14912
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:38 pm

Immortal Goat wrote:What gets me is that James takes it so personally when someone says they don't like Daniel's comics. Why is that? Sure, you're entitled to your opinion about the guys comics, but come on, most of Daniel's comics are completely nonsensical, and therefor, the majority of them are found to be unfunny by the majority of people. Cheapy's comic up top is no different, and therefor, it Daniels.

Get over it, for christ's sake.

RANT:

I think it's the fact that people act like he's the worst thing to ever happen to the boards. He really isn't. It's also the fact that some people act like he's universally disliked. I know I'm completely over-the-top in my defence of him, but there are other people who like him. It's fine for people not to like him, but using terms like 'this Daniels' reduces him to a figure of fun, which I'm really not happy with. Daniel is a very serious matter and shouldn't be treated lightly. Make jokes about cancer or something instead.

I don't know. I'm probably utterly wrong and irrational. I just don't like how some people get consistently put down on this place. Some of it might be intended as a joke, but I find all of it a bit smug. Like CheapAlert. I have no particular fondness for the guy, but when nearly every single thing he posts gets an aggressive or otherwise negative response I can't help but feel people are picking on him because he's annoyed them in the past. I don't think it achieves anything. And Stuart. He could be annoying as was a pretty objectionable guy at times, but he wasn't without his merits. And he seems to have actually kind of liked us at some point (unless I'm completely misinterpreting that). That's not to say you have to like everyone. Of course you don't. Some of you might remember me getting a bit fed up with pyroninja. Looking back on it I feel a guilty and I think I may have been being a bit unfair, but the reason I bring it up is that I don't go on about it. He's not around any more and didn't have any particular traits that crop up often (like Dan's bizarre comics) so I suppose that's easy for me, but I like to think that I wouldn't even if he was.

From my experience, this is a pretty friendly community. We focus on all that newbie-excluding nonsense or anything like that. I think that's a good thing. I just find some of these sorts of things to be a bit unkind and excluding at times. Yes, I do realise how hypocritical I'm being.

OK, sorry for being such a spoilsport. Daniel doesn't care what you say. For whatever reason I just get really annoyed when people use him like some sort of benchmark of terribleness. I'll try to supress my complaints in future, but I would like you to consider how they'd feel if people kept going on about how poopcakes your friends were in your presence. He's a closer friend than any of you people are, so I'm obviously going to pick him over you lot.

I'm not telling you to like him, but I do wish you'd be a bit more sensitive about saying how much he stinks.
SIGNATURE: GONE

User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach
Contact:

Postby Chrono Crow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 pm

James wrote:RANT


Roger.

Typically, I pick on people that I consider myself having a rivalry with (namely, you and CheapAlert), and who I don't necessarily HATE, but I figure likely enjoy cutting remarks. I actually consider you a friend of sorts (sorry), but I just really don't care much for CheapAlert. However, cheap shots (no pun intended) are easy with him. And I know no one really cares, and in fact, sometimes they find them funny, so it's simple to just attack. I attack you more than anyone else here, but it's because I know where we stand. People I truly hate I don't interact with at all. I've tried to watch what I say about Daniel, because he doesn't fight back. And even when I did insult him, it was just to get a laugh. His comics are funny to me because it's like someone inexplicably shitting in a room with a bunch of people. No, that's not saying his comics are shitty, just that they leave you with a "what the hell just happened?" feeling, and I admit, I like that kind of humor. As for Stuart, he's like Neil Goldman from Family Guy, only less perverted and more obnoxious. So I don't feel bad for insulting him. He won't jump, anyway. He's a big, fat phony.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

User avatar
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5698
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Downtown Boobginaville
Contact:

Postby catastrophile » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:25 pm

Indeed, I think there have been some people here who've been genuinely disliked. And they're not spoken of at all. The picking on of Daniel might have the appearance of ganging up, but with a few obvious exceptions, it doesn't seem to be intended that way.

Indeed, given the fact that his hyper-abstract pieces were intentionally baffling, they were, in fact, very successful. Verbing him might be considered a sort of honor.
[/bastard]

User avatar
Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Postby Devilot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:32 pm

I actually don't genuinely dislike Daniel. He's ripe for teasing--especially given some of his intentionally baffling comics--but he actually seems like a nice guy. I actually genuinely dislike CheapAlert and Stuart, and I just try not to talk to or about them unless the subject is brought up otherwise. I'm sorry if my teasing of Daniel is excessively harsh--I've been taught such by my parents, unfortunately. Or perhaps it's a genetically inherited tendency. Either way...
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 14912
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:41 pm

I think it's like Chrow says: the fact that he's unlikely to be around to respond makes it a bit unfair. That said, I do talk about some of my friends behind their backs. I really am a terrible person.
SIGNATURE: GONE

User avatar
Nurvingiel
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby Nurvingiel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:59 pm

Seems like Daniel left before I joined because I never got to post with him.

But it doesn't seem to me like saying something "Daniels" is a benchmark of terribleness, it seems like its a benchmark of nonsensicalness. This, in my opinion, is an honour. It's difficult to draw a good, nonsensical comic you know, something that can be used as a standard.

Besides, that's a hell of a lot better than nedding. <meme>And look how many times I nedded, and I didn't get all upset about it.</meme>

You're right James, this is a friendly community. And I don't get the impression from this thread that people are saying "this Daniels" in a mean way.

Well, that's my two öre anyway.

Disclaimer: It's entirely possible that I'm completely missing the point here.
Gneekman wrote:Thanks for making my pitiful thing into a beautiful tree.
Saltine wrote:HEY CRAP MY DAUGHTER IS 8 MONTHS OLD, WTF?!

User avatar
Gelatine Cow
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1913
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 am

Postby Gelatine Cow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:06 pm

You seem to have all forgotten what is really important here... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS COMIC?!


Return to “Missing In Action”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest