I Miss This Place

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

I Miss This Place

Postby Null » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 am

This was a very important place to me, some time ago. I had internet friendships formed here, people that I counted as friends and acquaintances; people that I felt close to...as such as a being as I can be close to anyone.

There were fun contests, response cartoons, telephone pictionaries, secret Santa gifts (I'm wearing one now--thank you, Skimba, wherever you are), pet talks, pet photos (Leela and I certainly appreciated your affection for her), music and art sharing, and so many, many moments of good cheer. Many thanks to StevenF, Nik and PonderThis for keeping it going so long. I loved contributing, even if it was little more than title characters and Wikipedia entries. It was a durned fine place to be creative.

I won't mention the anal wart that helped to bring it crashing down; he doesn't deserve the recognition.

But I would like to say that I miss all of you, even the folks I clashed with; I frequently wish the old world would revolve back, just for a moment or two, so we could all enjoy a virtual beer or two. And, if I can gather the rest of the infinity stones, maybe I can see the revival of this community somewhere, anywhere, spam subject lines or not.

Thank you for your indulgence. We now resume your ads for various athletic shoes, and essay writing services. The very things we were intended to mock.

All my love to you, Null.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: I Miss This Place

Postby PonderThis » Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 am

Hi, Null.

Yeah, I've been remiss in cleaning the place up. Got a new job, got behind in cleaning out the spam, and it's hard to get motivated when hardly anyone shows up.

:(

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 am

I get the impression a lot of us who still stop by do so on a semi-regular basis, but yeah the place has not been the same since the Great Wiki Crash.

I think there is some sort of topical that can be applied to forum anal warts, though it's probably long past time to deal with it....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Spamusers reassemble! :) Glad to see I'm not the only one who stops by.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Yooo!

I saw someone post on the subreddit and it prompted me to check if this message board was still up. I thought it went away.

What's up!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:02 pm

If we're judging by recent posts, not much. :P I think we need to start doing a comic here and there. ;)
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

I miss this place too.

You know, I redid my website a short while back, and part of that was curating a portfolio. I credited these forums for prompting my first sustained period of art study, and also for my first piece of software.

Nice to see folks still drop by.

Null

Postby Null » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:05 pm

It would honestly be lovely to see more (non-spam) activity here. I'm kind of like Ponder, here, in that I've got a full-time job with not a lot of spare time. Plus, the spam I get is so uninspiring that it doesn't lead to anything creative. I get a lot of boring stuff, with nothing at all like "Do you read Sutter Cain?"

No criticism at all intended toward Ponder This, who has done wonderful work here.

All hail the folks who made this place great.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:36 am

I was tempted to start making comics using the spam lines of the spam topics created by the spam bots!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Return to “Spamusers!”