So What's Next?

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Re: So What's Next?

Postby PonderThis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:19 am

OK my two cents.

Yeah this really brings back the whole "star" fiasco thing to mind. Also, quite frankly I think we have too few posters right now. If some post gets three people who follow up with "+1", "like", and "me too", it's not going to overwhelm the board.

Also, it's not built in as a standard feature and I really don't want to go digging around the phpbb site to find a mod.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Here's what I was thinking...

PonderThis wrote:Yeah this really brings back the whole "star" fiasco thing to mind.

Yes, but there is no dislike, or bad rating. While it could be kind of offputting if you get few or none or whatever, it could be counterbalanced by actual word feedback, and it's also unlikely if you draw a comic that nobody will like it. You could also disable showing of who thanked and how many thanks/likes people gave, etc. and just show the # of thanks/likes.

PonderThis wrote:Also, quite frankly I think we have too few posters right now.

Posters, yes, but people still visit and not always have time to make full out comments on things. This would be a twofold thing where you could like something and come back later to see that you like something and comment on it. Or you could just like it if you don't have time or can't think of anything other than, "I like this" which to some is a waste of a post if three other people said that already.

PonderThis wrote:Also, it's not built in as a standard feature and I really don't want to go digging around the phpbb site to find a mod.
EvilJekyll wrote:What do you guys think of a Thanks/like option
That's not it?
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Is there a way to see which users have been online in the last 24 hours, last 7 days and so on?
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Seems like 24 hours, yes.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Previous

Return to Spamusers!