So What's Next?

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: So What's Next?

Postby PonderThis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:59 am

As you suspect, Chris, our current wiki software is mediawiki. Now that you mention the idea of alternatives, that doesn't sound bad. I'll google around and see what I can find. Whether I upgrade to the latest mediawiki or change to something else, it's going to be a pain in the ass either way, so I'm going to work on the forums first.

EDIT: I couldn't help do a quick googling and it looks like DokuWiki is a strong possibility. They've got a mediawiki-to-dokuwiki converter, and they've got a custom phpBB login plugin. Both of those are set-in-stone requirements so it's good they have them.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:16 am

Let's talk about phpBB v3.1.6. If you want to see how it works and how the basic prosilver style looks, try their demo. If you dig around in the Admin Control Panel you can enable and check out the subsilver2 style as well.

I'll of course update the Spamusers and Spamusers (Left) styles, but as I search their styles database it seems that all the rest of our custom styles have not been updated to v3.1.x, and if you use one of these, sorry, they're going to go away :(.

Those styles that will be going away are:
Hestia, with 14 users.
Milky Way, with 4 users.
proglass, with just 1 user and I think that user is a test account I created once, so no worries here.
SkyLineBlue, with 10 users.

However, if you can find a style you really really like I'll consider adding it.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Rainforest! Wowskin!
Meh, nah. I'll deal with whatever happens.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:49 am

Actually, I think that was me, not Chris, about the wiki but I'll admit to not going back a page to find out :)

On the theme front, Elegance looks like it could be nice. Subsilver and prosilver seem to be the closest to the "standard" Spamusement Experience. As long as we get to keep the rotating images on the board banner, I'm sure I'll survive :P
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:47 am

sum yun gai wrote:Actually, I think that was me, not Chris, about the wiki ...

I'm an old man! You expect me to actually remember stuff from way back on last page? ;)

I'm currently working on the art for the Spamusers font, as a number of items have minor size changes and there's several new elements. After that I'll put in the prosilver rotating banner (it rotates through 4 images I think) and the Spamusers rotating banner (with all its Null-y goodness).

But right now I have a Star Wars movie to go see.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:22 pm

PonderThis wrote:But right now I have a Star Wars movie to go see.

It's AMAZING.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:09 am

Well time's gotten away from me. I didn't even get to ask if anyone wanted to do xmas cards this year! :(

Looks like it'll be after xmas or even early next year when I get everything upgraded.

BTW, does anyone have a preference of wikis? I'm leaning towards DocuWiki, it looks easier to maintain.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:34 pm

I also had a thought to send cards out this year but did not have time to get some for everyone before leaving on a jet plane....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Finally back in town and working on getting stuff ready to upgrade the boards to phpBB v3.1.6. I should finish up preparations today so it looks like I'll be doing the actual upgrade tomorrow. Hmmm I guess I should make that an announcement ...

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey, it's all different...

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:52 pm

It has a mobile theme? Or optimises the theme for mobile at least.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 am

I've updated my list of things to do:
  1. The front page and its related comic-viewing pages all have to be fixed to reference the updated forum software and database.
  2. Still looking into how to get "Left Profile" back.
  3. Still gotta update the wiki software.

Return to “Spamusers!”