Ideal image size

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Ideal image size

Postby Null » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm out of town using my little netbook, and I note that some images are cutoff at the right (Nyperold's latest, a number of mine). Usually when drawing, if I need more space I just add to the image, since my main PC is pretty big. But if this means it cuts off for some viewers, I'd rather restrain myself to a particular size. Is there an ideal size that won't be cut off, no matter the size of the monitor/screen? (Obviously a one inch square would be perfect for seeing the whole thing, less perfect for comprehensible images.)

I'm using Firefox under XP, but my iPod touch does the same thing.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Re: Ideal image size

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Don't go by me, all my screens have a minimum viewing region of 12x6.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:30 pm

That's actually a drawback of the basic Prosilver style as well as the Spamuser style I derived from it. I don't think the other styles have this problem. Or at least my old favorite Hestia didn't.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby DaVince » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 pm

A max width of 800 works fine, and I don't think you ever go over that. As for netbooks, their size just IS smaller, and you can always zoom the webpage out to view the pics smaller and fitting.
DaVince
Makes LOLCATS

Postby EsBe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Bleh, I hate it when forum styles cut off images rather than just making them overflow and slapping on a scroll bar. (I purposely picked a board style that didn't do that.) 800 is a safe dimension I like to stick to, but remember viewers can always right click -> view image to see it uncontrained by the forum. I mean, sometimes you have to go over. :P
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Return to Spamusers!