Banners!

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Re: Banners!

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 am

I'm wondering if maybe Troy might look better if his image was reversed so that it looks more like he's bursting in from the edge of the screen.
Image :?:
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 am

chrismachine wrote:subsilver 2 next?

subsilver2 and SkyLineBlue have both been updated. Both have smaller or cut down versions of the same images I used for proglass and both also retain the original Eggplant Mike pic in the rotation as well.

And Hestia also joins their ranks. It has the same image set as the above two with the only difference being it has the site logo text in there as well.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:37 pm

hahahaha!!!

I had switched back to Hestia this morning because I was too confused by the other styles... and just a moment ago I noticed Toilet Woman glaring at me, which made me devolve into a fit of giggles. Now there is Ronald with a flesh wound... excellent. Yayayay! Thanks Ponder et al.!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I got the sun shaking a fist at me, and then a mortally wounded Ronald. Awesome!
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Null » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 pm

PonderThis wrote:Do you want to contribute your art to the banner at the top of the website? Before we get too far into this, remember that we have several different board styles available and they all have different looks and available space.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that, I've mostly been posting stuff from the board style I have (which ever that is). I've been sorta figuring the actual drawings are my contribs, but haven't really looked at transparency and such. Feel free to do whatever with them.

PonderThis wrote:Preferred format is 24-bit PNG but will also accept 8-bit PNG or a GIF with a transparent background. If you have trouble with those you may start from the non-transparent version and submit a BMP and I’ll convert it.

I've been doing them as BMPs because I figure that gives you the most information to work with. I wasn't sure if PNGs would be as scalable or editable, and the BMPs are fairly small size anyway (about 116K).

If I do any more I'll try PNG and see how that goes. I'm out of town through the weekend though and am not sure what I can do in the meanwhile.

The Troy looks pretty good flipped, but I wonder if it might be better if the text was on the left and he was on the right of the image. His direction is fairly iconic after all.
Null

Postby DaVince » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

These are awesome. I am now enjoying even the front page of the forums thanks to the different banners.
DaVince
Makes LOLCATS

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 pm

does it always choose the same banner every time? when i first come onto the main forum page i get stabby grimmace. then when i click on "new posts since last visit" i get fire breathing mike. this happens every time i come back here. i haven't bothered to find if it repeats the same pattern after that because from there i just click on new replies instead of the next page of threads so i don't always see the banner...
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:05 am

ok, i still see stabby grimace a little more than the others, but it's not always the first one when i visit the site now. i don't know if you made any changes, but either way it's even better now!
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby PonderThis » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 am

Null wrote:... I wonder if it might be better if the text was on the left and he was on the right of the image. His direction is fairly iconic after all.

Yeah that's a good idea so that's what I did. The Troys are now in the mix.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Spamusers!