New Features

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

New Features

Postby PonderThis » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 pm

OK, gang, Jek and I have been working on moving the last remaining spamusey things over from his site while I've also worked in a few suggestions from the What Next thread. Kindly check out this test version of the website main page.

• Note that the navbar has a couple of new items. Jek noticed that with this many items tended to blend together visually with the old style so I added little "mini-icons" before each item that simply have the first letter of each item so that they stand out from one another. The idea here is to go for a clean simple black-and-white style.
  • One new navbar item is the About Us page. I rearranged the navbar and put this first so that hopefully this is prominent for new users.
  • I've written a short stub on the wiki page that it links to. If anyone has any good ideas to beef up that page, feel free to edit!
  • And now for the main feature: the Features page with all of Jek's stuff. Please note that it is currently a work in progress.
  • The first thing you'll note is that there's a big graphic "X" before each item. The idea is to have a nice big icon-type image before each item. I'd like to throw this open to a competition; post your ideas in this thread. The images could come from classic stevenf spamusements or our own spamusings or be entirely original. It's up to you.
  • Feel free to help out with item descriptions as well!
  • Currently not everything is working, but don't let that stop you from commenting. Oh who am I kidding. You'll comment. I know it. :)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: New Features

Postby Null » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Good stuff all around.

My only quibble, and it's a very minor one, is that the "About Us" page on the Wiki seems to imply - seems - that you have to get your spam subject lines from Spamusers. When in fact, you can get them from your own email as well. I know, I know. I should just shut up, right? I'll take money to do so.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby PonderThis » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Null wrote:Good stuff all around.

My only quibble, and it's a very minor one, is that the "About Us" page on the Wiki seems to imply - seems - that you have to get your spam subject lines from Spamusers. When in fact, you can get them from your own email as well.

Ah! But set theory tells us that if you are a Spamuser yourself then when you get a spam subject line from your own email, you are getting it from a Spamuser!

Ha ha! Try to out-pedant me will ya? ;)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Null » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:17 pm

PonderThis wrote:Ha ha! Try to out-pedant me will ya? ;)

HEY the court ruled that evidence inadmissible!

Actually, when changes and stuff are proposed here, I look at it as the dumbest person in the world would see it, and see what he sees. For me, that's not really much of a stretch. Not much of a stretch at all, really.
Null

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Good stuff.
MysticalDescent

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Null wrote:My only quibble, and it's a very minor one, is that the "About Us" page on the Wiki seems to imply - seems - that you have to get your spam subject lines from Spamusers. When in fact, you can get them from your own email as well.

To respond to that:
PonderThis wrote:If anyone has any good ideas to beef up that page, feel free to edit!

Honestly, this is the only part of this site that you guys have very near entire free range to edit at any time, so it's set to the way you want it. There's nothing you can do wrong.

PonderThis wrote:OK, gang, Jek and I have been working on moving the last remaining spamusey things over from his site while I've also worked in a few suggestions from the What Next thread.

Big thanks to Ponder for doing most of the work, I only helped a little really.

Also, feel free to make some more games or quizzes to add to those there.

I think we should have a section for James's readings as well, but I'll have to look for where I put those.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Return to Spamusers!