Database error

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Database error

Postby OP Tipping » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:09 am

Eh oop, I tried to edit my wiki page and I got a big:

--
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "SearchMySQL::update". MySQL returned error "145: Table './spamusers_wiki/Wiki_searchindex' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock)".
--

I thought the problem may be caused by something I'd typed, so to test I just clicked to edit, didn't change anything, and saved, and got the same message.
OP Tipping
Makes LOLCATS

Re: Database error

Postby PonderThis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 am

Yeah I also got a PM from Jek. I think I can take care of it in the MySQL control panel, but I don't have the login info here at work. So anything I do won't happen for another eight hours or so.

I'll probably have to take the database down, thus shutting down not only the wiki but probably also the forums as well for a while. I'll post an announcement once I have it figured out. In the meantime we'll have to refrain from doing any wiki edits.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry I TOTALLY FORGOT about this until today. Anyway, I went digging around the mysql docs and found out how to repair the error so it appears to be fixed now! Again, sorry for the delay sometimes you have to kick me in the butt to remind me about stuff.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby OP Tipping » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am

I could never do that.

Ta.
OP Tipping
Makes LOLCATS

Return to Spamusers!