Spamuser Style Question

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Spamuser Style Question

Postby MysticalDescent » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

A stupid question:

In the Spamuser style, what is the 'new post' icon next to a thread supposed to be? I can't quite make it out.
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Re: Improved Image Display in Certain Styles

Postby mrgazpacho » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 am

MysticalDescent wrote:In the Spamuser style, what is the 'new post' icon next to a thread supposed to be? I can't quite make it out.

To me, it just looks like a piece of paper with indistinct writing on it; in "bold", if an image can be said to be such.
--
Chris

bottlecap wrote:I give this cartoon special boner happy prize.
mrgazpacho
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 am

mrgazpacho wrote:
MysticalDescent wrote:In the Spamuser style, what is the 'new post' icon next to a thread supposed to be? I can't quite make it out.

To me, it just looks like a piece of paper with indistinct writing on it; in "bold", if an image can be said to be such.

Yep, that's it.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Well proglass worked well and didn't interfere with anything else so I have loaded the mod for Prosilver and the Spamuser styles.

Mind you, this mod will hardly ever kick in. It only applies to wide images that would otherwise get cut off by the board style. But on those odd occasions such a thing occurs you'll now see a resized image which in most cases is just fine. And if not, just click the zoom-in button.

Whew! Hopefully that's probably the last board update I'll need to do for a while.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm

I don't know if we're on about the same one, I meant the one that was a little orange box in the old style. Hang on...

This one. Unless that's also a piece of paper.
MysticalDescent

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah that's all there is to it, MD. Just a piece of paper with an arrow. Basically I was just going for a "spamusey" version of the prosilver style.

Go to First Unread Post Icons
Prosilver: Image Spamusers: Image

... which are basically "bolded" versions of the View Latest Post Icons
Prosilver: Image Spamusers: Image

Of course the trouble with coming up with a totally new style is drawing every single little graphic all over again (and there are lots of them) and maybe I ran over this one a bit quickly. Now that you draw attention to it I recall not being particularly satisfied with it but deciding it'd have to do if I were to ever finish the thing.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: Spamuser Style Question

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 pm

ALSO: I know people hate it when I split off topics but I'd like to keep MD's question separate from the image resizing topic. If someone finds a problem with image resizing I don't want the two separate discussions getting conflated. Nothing personal, MD, I just did wanted to keep myself from possibly getting confused at a later date. :)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: Spamuser Style Question

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah, don't worry, when I first asked the question I was wondering if I should really ask it on this thread, but I think there was something that sort of led onto it. I forget now.

I can see what you did now, actually, I was just curious. The style as a whole is just plain great.
MysticalDescent

Return to Spamusers!