Ideas To Get More Comics

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Ideas To Get More Comics

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 am

OK so the comic forum has really slowed down of late. Well we all have dry spells. So I've been thinking it might help to throw out some ideas.

A couple of ideas I've had:

1. Loosen up the "subject line" criteria. Not just spam, but interesting titles from the news, blogs, or just some random web page you ran across.

2. Collaborations. Maybe you've had a comic idea but don't feel like drawing it. And maybe someone else feels like drawing something but doesn't have any ideas. We could have a collaborations thread where people get together, go off in a corner and produce the comic and get joint credit for the result.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: Ideas To Get More Comics

Postby Skimba » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 am

Like the CHALLENGE thread. MAybe you coulde suggest people actually post and read there also.
I saw an old line from firetiger around VD and thought a collaberation would be good, but never got around to suggesting it.
the line is (if someone wants to start it as this 10 min this morning is all the time I'm going to really have for a couple days)
7 things to buy for your lover
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah, idea #2 is definitely related to the CHALLENGE thread. But with the CHALLENGE thread you would give me a subject line and sometimes I'd have an idea but sometimes I'd just draw a blank. This is very similar but. Ah I'm not explaining this well at all. See the idea would go like this:

Poster A Posts: I have an idea for "Subject Line"!
Poster B Posts: I will help! Send me peems plz!
Poster A PM's to Poster B: OK, this is my idea wherein I specify what I'm thinking about including specific drawing elements if I have thought of them.
Poster B PM's to Poster A: I am unclear on a certain drawing element maybe!
Poster A PM's to Poster B: I shall endeavor to clarify!
Poster B PM's to Poster A: Great! Here is what I have drawn!
Poster A PM's to Poster B: It is wonderful! Let us share it with the world!

Either Poster A or Poster B then posts the result over in Spamuser Comics.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:32 pm

PonderThis wrote:2. Collaborations. Maybe you've had a comic idea but don't feel like drawing it. And maybe someone else feels like drawing something but doesn't have any ideas. We could have a collaborations thread where people get together, go off in a corner and produce the comic and get joint credit for the result.

YES PLEASE. I'm not so good at actually drawing (as yall well know :P ) but I've had so many ideas I just couldn't get down to paper...
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am

Man, I haven't used paper since great wave pay attention to the email. ;) But I know what you're saying. I still have a bunch of subject lines I've gleaned from the forum sitting around in a text file, and I just... haven't drawn them. It's a motivation problem more than anything, so for now, increasing where you can get subject lines from won't help me. (Though the results would be good for, like, maybe a thread or subforum in We're Totally Artists. Sort of like the short-lived Video Game Name Generator thread, or the shorter-lived mondegreen art thread.) I think the main focus of the site should still be spam, unless you want another name change. Which we can do, I guess.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Wed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

I have, what I think to be, a great idea for a line I recently received, but I'm horrible at perspectives, so I'd need someone else's help to make the actual drawing. If your interested PM me and I'll share my thoughts. Thanks! Remember, of course, that what I think is funny might not be to others, but hey - it's worth a try to see if someone wants to whip this one out.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby badplantmommy » Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 am

I have often found that the "from" of a spam is just as amusing as the subject line. :)
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Nyperold » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Idea to get more comics out of me: Fix Photobucket's problem. ;)

Though seriously, I just made a comic, and went to upload it, and Photobucket's telling me about maintenance issues. Hopefully they get it straightened out soon.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 pm

If you're doing it in paint you can use my site to host it.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Return to Spamusers!