The Wiki Thread

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Re: The Wiki Thread

Postby Clueless » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm

PonderThis wrote:
Clueless wrote:I just noticed that practically none of Dweens spamusements during 2007 were linked in the wiki. I have corrected this.

WOooooOOOOoooOOooo! You rock!

I shall have to draw you a "you rock" award later. :)

You mean something like this?
Null wrote:I think it's a parallel to "Nero fiddles while Rome burns."

"The Emperor air-guitars while his realm atomizes."

:D :wink:
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:17 am

I like that rock alot.

James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Code: Select all
Warning: Parameter 2 to Parser::parse() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/spamusers/www/www/Wiki/includes/StubObject.php on line 58

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCacheTime() on a non-object in /home/spamusers/www/www/Wiki/includes/Article.php on line 3387

*gives the wiki some percussive maintenance*

(If it helps, Special pages appear not to be affected. Normal pages and Templates are. Other than that, I don't know.)
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Sigh. Yes, I've tried to figure out what's causing that and couldn't. Jek's suggested upgrading to the latest version of the wiki software which I'll do once I get some time -- this time of year I seem to run short on time for some strange reason. :) Sorry for the inconvenience!! :oops:
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi, gang! In case you hadn't noticed I'm working on the wiki. The upgrade directions page on mediawiki.org assures me this is a very easy process and that most people just run the update command and everything works. Naturally this was not the case for us. :(

I'm giving up for tonight and will try again tomorrow. I'll let you know when I get it going finally.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

I've never done it from a command prompt, so I can't really give any help with that. I can say in theory it shouldn't be too hard, but this is something that's been around the block a few times.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 am

Aaaaand IT'S BAAAAAAACK! 8)

I'm so sorry it too so long everybody. It's only been uneditable since October!!! However I just edited a page and it all seems to be working OK again. Now we just need to bring all the affected pages up-to-date.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm

So since it was my fault we didn't have editing capabilities for the last few months I've gone back and made wiki entries for all the spamuser comics going back to September of last year. Don't say I never did nothing for you guys!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, at least you left some of the Characters section for me to do, I'd been hoping to get to some editing once the wiki was working again. :D
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks for the help, Judas!

Meanwhile I've been a wiki updating fiend. Just felt like it, I guess. Some highlights in case anyone would like to look:
  • I've finally written that "short history of Spamusement" on the Main Page.
  • Elvis now has a page of his own along with an intro I had a lot of fun writing. I couldn't find any more Elvis cartoons but if you know of any I've missed go ahead and add them.
  • I've taken all the Presidents of the United States that had two or more comic appearances and made each of them their own page.
  • Abraham Lincoln has a short little intro and a nice portrait by stevenf. Feel free to beef up the intro if you want.
  • Dubya has his own page as well along with a portrait from one of my cartoons.
  • Didn't do anything to Obama aside from moving the page to his full name (for consistency with the other presidents) and adding that drawing of him fighting Cabinet Sanchez. If anyone would like to do a portrait specifically for this page that would be appreciated.
  • Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, and Richard Nixon all have short workmanlike pages. If anyone would like to beef any of these pages up in any way that'd be great.
  • Also added a few little items to Hitler's page, including a "recent" picture.
  • Updated the Mythbusters page to show which mythbuster is in which comic.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 am

Oooh ooh I've noticed a cool new feature of this new version of the wiki software.

If you have a sortable table and column that is all numbers or all dates, it now sorts correctly in number and date order, respectively!!!

However, this only works if the column has no items that are not the thing being sorted. So if you have a column of numbers and there's an entry like "1 1/2", that slash makes it a non-number to the wiki and it sorts the whole thing as text not numbers.

How does this affect dates? Tables where we've put in the <span style="display:none"> business must continue to use that tag. Older tables that never got the tag now sort completely correctly! If you have a table that was partially converted, however, it doesn't sort for crap. You either have to remove all the span tags or go ahead and add them to all the dates (which I did to Dusk's page). No mix-and-match!
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EsBe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Thank you for bringing one of my favorite comics back to my attention. :P
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Any idea why the dates on Telephone_Pictionary aren't sorting properly?
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby PonderThis » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 am

I took a look and it seems some of the dates did not match their "hidden" portions, so I edited them. Looks OK now.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EvilJekyll » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:32 am

It sorts more properly...but not in order still... :|
Fixed it. It wanted the dates for time completed to be in the same type as the other columns. :roll:
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:58 am

Added a My Little Pony page, with the four comics I could find (three with Friendship is Magic and one with one of the earlier versions, not a pony I recognise off the top of my head unfortunately). There was also one with a pony tattoo in a corner, but I didn't quite count it. Someone else can add it in if they really think it fits.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Since the odd one is mine, I'll confirm that it's based on the toy line in general, and not on any pony in particular. I did basically no research to come up with it.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I just updated the poopcakes out of the wiki. Since Clueless has just posted a raft of new comics I decided to update his wiki and once I got started I just kept on updating. The following spamusers are all up-to-date:

Clueless
PonderThis
Low-Tech
Rita
KatyM
Judas Maccabeus
peer
EsBe
slydon
Bobo the King (created page)
Null
Android Replica

I did not update Nyperold because he is so awesome he keeps himself up-to-date.

I also updated the Hulk, the Detectives, and Robots#The_Robo-Conquerors. And then, because I noticed one of Null's latest had an anthropomorphic five dollar bill in it, I created a subject page for Anthropomorphic Money. And since we already had some other pages for anthropomorphic objects I created the Anthropomorphism category.

I'm sure there's a lot more anthropomorphism out there. If you know of or run across a comic, please update the page. Or, if you're feeling lazy, send me a peem and I'll do it.

Whew! TELL ME I'M AWESOME DAMMIT
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EsBe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm

poopcakes got updated. Image
EsBe

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 am

ALL THIS poopcakes IS AWESOME
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby PonderThis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:02 pm

It's good to be appreciated every now and then.

So ... I went crazy and made a stocks page! As far as I can tell it has every freaking stock cartoon we've ever done. I even included a "Stock Is ..." column for easy reference and chuckles.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby chrismachine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm

haha, sweet.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby EsBe » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I was horrified to realize that firemen didn't exist, so I un-didn't-exist it.
EsBe

Postby PonderThis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:13 am

I too have un-didn't-existed a page: Store Shelves! I know there's one or two more of these out there if anyone can find them.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby EsBe » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 am

PonderThis wrote:I too have un-didn't-existed a page: Store Shelves! I know there's one or two more of these out there if anyone can find them.

Challenge acceptoh my god, I can't stop clicking through them at work. :|
Anyway, http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/145
EsBe

PreviousNext

Return to Spamusers!