The Wiki Thread

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Postby Nyperold » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:58 am

'Splain.

You've gotta wait, anyway; the wiki's being weird.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:33 am

Nyperold wrote:You've gotta wait, anyway; the wiki's being weird.

Yeah, what the hell?

I think he means having a separate page for EACH comic with a complete list on the Spamuser MOTHERPAGE.
This would allow people to comment on them to a greater degree and save the comics to a central (presumably safe) place.
Unfortunately, some of us are so... prolific.. this would be a huge task.
I'm not sure how I feel.
I have no strong feelings one way or the other. What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold?
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm going to have to look into this problem.
UPDATE: No obvious source of problem, upgrading to latest version of software (Yeesh, just released three days ago.)

Dusk Bringer wrote:I think he means having a separate page for EACH comic with a complete list on the Spamuser MOTHERPAGE.

I've thought about it, but no.

What I mean was have say 10-50 of the person's spamusements listed on their page and then a link to a page of the entire list.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Wiki is now working again. What should have been clicking one thing twice turned into updating the wiki and then screwing up reconfiguring it and then getting it configured again.
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Dusk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:29 am

Eviljekyll wrote:What I mean was have say 10-50 of the person's spamusements listed on their page and then a link to a page of the entire list.

Ohh ok.
I liked my interpretation more.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby EvilJekyll » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:18 pm

PonderThis figured out a way to make the sort by date actually sort by date rather than by month and stuff, so this will be implemented as the pages are updated.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:24 pm

I will be gone for a week starting tomorrow (on a swim training trip to Puerot Rico). While I will see about at least visiting the site from there, I probably won't be able to keep up with updating the wiki for the next week.

Point: If possible, please update the newest strips and stuff into the wiki on your own over the next week, thanks.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Re: The Wiki Thread

Postby Portals » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 pm

I've added axolotls to the Image category.
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 pm

New page: I can make it switch at will. Correct, nuke, admire, ignore, whatever.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Added the image to the page. Nicely done, by the way. Also, Dusk's Axolotl's page is awesome.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Nyperold » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:48 am

New character page: Popeye.

I only searched using "popeye" as a search term, so who knows. Maybe it missed instances where only Olive Oyl, Swee'pea or others were mentioned. Not to mention if nobody mentioned anybody with a strong (*rimshot*) connection to him.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby kzager » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 am

Eviljekyll wrote:Added the image to the page. Nicely done, by the way. Also, Dusk's Axolotl's page is awesome.

Axolotls are a type of lizard-fish [...]. They are neither at home in the water nor on land.

...You mean an amphibian?
kzager
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:04 am

kzager wrote:
Axolotls are a type of lizard-fish [...]. They are neither at home in the water nor on land.

...You mean an amphibian?
:P
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Nyperold » Wed May 13, 2009 2:48 am

Added The Chronicles of Narnia. Add any you know about... that aren't already there, of course.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon May 18, 2009 6:03 am

Created: Luis.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:19 am

Article on Spambots.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Blasphemy has been doing a good job editing the wiki and fixing some errors that I let happen or slip through. Thanks dude.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Cool! Way to go, Blas!

Now draw more stuff!!! :P :)
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 am

Hmmm the wiki, eh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Blasphemy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Eviljekyll wrote:Blasphemy has been doing a good job editing the wiki and fixing some errors that I let happen or slip through. Thanks dude.

No problem. I'm glad to be of help.

Incidentally, what do people think about the bracketed numbers (like [2], [4], etc) in the Wiki? I assumed that they were used in the Guest Strips forum as a way to differentiate between threads, started by different people, that have the same thread title. However, in each Spamuser's Wiki page, there will only be the link to that specific individual's thread, and thus there is no ambiguity for the bracketed number to clarify.

I suppose one could argue that they also indicate the chronological order in which the comics appeared, but that seems like an inconsequential tidbit of information to justify the use of an extranneous notation. Especially considering that each entry doesn't link to, or even acknowledge, the other interpretations, so it lacks any real context.

PonderThis wrote:Now draw more stuff!!! :P :)

I really should. I've been coming up with a fair amount of new comic ideas lately, and an unusually high ratio of them I feel are actually good. Unfortunately, there are a number of factors hindering me from following through and drawing them.

On a related note, I've been thinking for quite a while about offering up some of my ideas for others to draw, but I don't know if people would be interested in doing that kind of thing or not.
Blasphemy
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Nyperold » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:46 pm

That could be an idea. Something between a subject line submission and actually making and posting a strip yourself. I've had a number of lines that I've had what I think are good ideas, but I don't trust my ability to convey it well, or I don't have sufficient familiarity with the subject I would otherwise draw, or I know I'm not taking my idea far enough, so I don't do it.

I suppose in a case like that, you could just submit the line to the SLS forum or CHALLENGE thread like normal, but semi-hide it (say, by turning the text white so somebody who wants an idea on how to proceed has to highlight it in order to see) so it's not "spoiled" for everyone else before they get to see the finished product.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Blasphemy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Nyperold wrote:I suppose in a case like that, you could just submit the line to the SLS forum or CHALLENGE thread like normal, but semi-hide it (say, by turning the text white so somebody who wants an idea on how to proceed has to highlight it in order to see) so it's not "spoiled" for everyone else before they get to see the finished product.

Not a bad idea. My original plan was going to be to post an enormous list of all the ideas I had available, then have people PM me with what lines they might like to try. I'd send them the ideas, then it would be up to them if they'd like to try it. If so, I'd remove it from the main list, if not, it would stay there. Something of an inefficient system, I grant, but this way we'd avoid the problem where two people might be working on basically the same idea at the same time.
Blasphemy
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 pm

I usually keep the bracketed numbers to indicate that the line was done before, although I keep them outside the link to the comic.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Nyperold » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah, pretty much same. I mean, if it wasn't part of the original subject...
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EsBe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 am

Made a character page for MST3K but CBA to write a description. Sorry.

Also, out of curiosity, is a character too commonplace to deserve its own page if it's been included in 164 guest strips?
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

PreviousNext

Return to Spamusers!