The Wiki Thread

All things Spamuser related! Talk about the forums, the wiki or your ideas for the site.

Re: The Wiki Thread

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 am

EsBe wrote:Made a character page for MST3K but CBA to write a description. Sorry.
Cool!

EsBe wrote:Also, out of curiosity, is a character too commonplace to deserve its own page if it's been included in 164 guest strips?
Buh wha :?:
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Skimba » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 am

Hmmm....what/who could it be?

I can only think of the Sun.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Portals » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmmm... Well, considering it is given facial expressions...

It might be cool to see a page about the Sun.
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 pm

PonderThis wrote:
EsBe wrote:Also, out of curiosity, is a character too commonplace to deserve its own page if it's been included in 164 guest strips?
Buh wha :?:

Errr...no. What character is this?
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Nyperold » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Man. If it is The Sun, I pity the Spamuser who goes searching them all out. I guess each strip could be added by the one who made it, though that would leave the strips not made by wiki editors.

I wonder if it'd be a good idea to divide it into strips where The Sun is the main feature of the strip (e.g. Peckles's Want To Date Hot Girls?) and strips where The Sun is part of the background flavor.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Blasphemy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm

For what it's worth, I added a very rudimentary The Sun page. While the utility value of having every single sun cameo listed is debatable, the sun has been the main focus in enough spamusements that it has at least as much right to be there as, say, Zeus.
Blasphemy
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby EsBe » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 am

Yes, as a matter fact, the character was Anthropomorphic Sun. I found the distribution of sun emotions rather fascinating. But I won't bother posting the contents of my spreadsheet (... what? I'm a nerd) until I've gotten the specifics of MediaWiki's sortable tables down.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby Nyperold » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:57 am

So we've had character pages for Ninjas, Zombies, and Robots (not to mention Cannibals, Cavemen, Cowboys, Executioners, Genies, and Thieves), but have not had one for Pirates.

This oversight has been corrected. I found what I could -- strips of mine that have them and what I could find with a search for "pirate" -- so now it's up ta the rest of ye!
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 pm

And now a page for The Bible. It might be too much to hope for that it won't get a description like Jesus's, but anyway.

I've only added mine, so if you know of any among your own strips, or among strips by someone who doesn't contribute to the wiki...
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:31 am

Nyperold wrote:And now a page for The Bible. It might be too much to hope for that it won't get a description like Jesus's, but anyway.

What exactly is your issue? I thought the point of a Spamusement Wiki was to create a tongue-in-cheek reference to our comics and characters, not some half-arsed attempt at a reliable information resource. Is there a point in making bland, largely uninformative pages with no actual references to genuine information?
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Nyperold » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Um, because it's, you know, The Bible? And while you might not care, do you really not see that someone else might? Really?

That said, you'll notice that I've never edited the Jesus page to change its description, and if The Bible's page does get a description like that, I won't bother to edit said hypothetical description; I'll stick to adding to the Guest-Strip-listing tables as becomes appropriate.

EDIT: Also, there. I've made it a little bit more humorous, or at least somewhat droll.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I dunno, Nyper, I gotta go with DB on this. That's the whole point of making funnies -- to be humorous. If you're going to make a section about the bible and list comics where people have found humorous situations related to it but you don't want the write-up itself to be humorous ... "Really?"

Nyperold wrote:Um, because it's, you know, The Bible? And while you might not care, do you really not see that someone else might? Really?
I would have thought if someone was that hung up about the subject they're not going to appreciate the comics in question.

Personally I think we need to mock such things, not because you're "dissing God" or whatever but because there are people out there that get Self-Righteous in the Name of the Lord and I believe such people need to be taken down a peg or two. Whatever we deal out, God can take it. I mean, dude, we're talking about The Creator of the Universe. If He doesn't have a sense of humor, we're all fucked.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby MysticalDescent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 pm

I can't understand a problem with it. I'm sure The Almighty doesn't mind a bit of humour and a bit of parody and just a bit of joking and happiness once in a while. Like the people who went crazy about Bruce Almighty because it showed a man with God-powers cohabiting, lighten up a bit damnit.
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I forget my password stuff, can someone change Jesus' article to substitute "effected" with "affected"? It really is quite important to me for that article to be as accurate as possible.

Seriously yours,

Chrismachine
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Nyperold » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:02 pm

PonderThis wrote:Personally I think we need to mock such things, not because you're "dissing God" or whatever but because there are people out there that get Self-Righteous in the Name of the Lord and I believe such people need to be taken down a peg or two. Whatever we deal out, God can take it. I mean, dude, we're talking about The Creator of the Universe. If He doesn't have a sense of humor, we're all fucked.

You might notice that my original tone toward it was one of resignation rather than demand that it not happen.

But if the purpose to to deflate the self-righteous, hey, then they themselves are a perfectly good target. That edit that I made later included a part intended to mock the idea that's been expressed in my lifetime that the King James Version is the only legitimate version, and that it must've been the one Paul and Silas used, as well as an idea expressed in my mother's hearing about William Shakespeare. You know. <sarcasm>Because the English language of the 1600s is Bible language, and too holy to be used for As You Like It, A Midsummer Night's Dream, etc.</sarcasm> Those kind of ideas, I can definitely get behind skewering. :wink:

But like I said, I'll :roll: , and ignore it if it happens.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:05 am

Moving along, Square One Television now has a page.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 am

Nyperold wrote:But if the purpose to to deflate the self-righteous, hey, then they themselves are a perfectly good target.

Not sure I get what you're trying to say here.

Nyperold wrote:But like I said, I'll :roll: , and ignore it if it happens.

Why so sanctimonious?
Ok, so I'm feeling your opinion is that The Bible pages and references should be treated with more respect and less humour, preferably done by yourself.
That's fine. I won't touch the subject in the wiki anymore.
And no, I won't just roll my eyes at your efforts and ignore you (as impossible as that actually is to achieve). Unnecessary.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Nyperold » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 pm

New character page: Hello Turbine.

On a related note, new category: Spamusement Cocktail Inspirations. I'll leave it to you guys how stringent the classification should be: Whether it needs to have a recipe to be included; whether it needs to have been tried; whether it needs to have been tried by non-spamusers. That sort of thing.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

(Scene: A city. The sun shines brightly upon it.)

(A blue sky. A disc of some sort is struck, sending it flying.)

(Front view. Students in fukus and gakurans walk the cherry-blossom-lined path, some by themselves, others with friends. A girl's pigtails flap as the top of her head is seen moving amongst the other, taller students.)

(Another disc is sent off into the sky.)

(Side view. More students. The small girl moves among them, still mostly unseen.)

(A third disc is heard. A circular logo, red with yellow hiragana and white English words, fades in...)

It's Azumanga Dai-- *BAM!*

(...before being struck by the disc and knocked away.)
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi, so I noticed on the spamuser websites section, my youtube listing is an old account I ended up deleting, and that page is evidently not editable. I'd like it to get it changed to my current account: http://www.youtube.com/user/quetzalcoatlustastic. Oh, also it'd be cool if I could maybe get a link to my music page in there?
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 pm

It's not editable, because that's just part of the fansite section. I really need to update a lot of things on there. :/
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:52 am

Nyperold wrote:It's Azumanga Dai-- *BAM!*

I've been meaning to ask someone, but don't want to start a new thread for some reason: I have the anime all cued up on my netflix, except volume 5 is not available for some reason. When I watch a whole series, I kind of like to watch all of the series in order, but if I watch 1-4, then 6, and wait for 5 to become available, will I miss anything important plotwise? I do kind of get the impression it's not really that kind of show...
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby mrgazpacho » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:26 am

quetzalcoatlus wrote:
Nyperold wrote:It's Azumanga Dai-- *BAM!*

if I watch 1-4, then 6, and wait for 5 to become available, will I miss anything important plotwise? I do kind of get the impression it's not really that kind of show...

AzuDai doesn't really have a significant plot; it just follows the girls' progression through the 3 high school school years.

Disc 5 does introduce something new and reasonably important (in the AzuDai world), but I think Disc 6 provides an intelligible recap so there's no absolute necessity to watch 5 first.

Although, Disc 5 does have the legendary "wake-up call" scene, so it's not to be missed.
--
Chris

bottlecap wrote:I give this cartoon special boner happy prize.
mrgazpacho

Postby Nyperold » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Which episodes are vol. 5? I have Class Album, and at least on the version I got, vol. 5 is the entire senior year (ep. 20-26).
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby mrgazpacho » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Nyperold wrote:Which episodes are vol. 5? I have Class Album, and at least on the version I got, vol. 5 is the entire senior year (ep. 20-26).

I have the Australian 6-disc release. Disc 5 is eps 20-23
--
Chris

bottlecap wrote:I give this cartoon special boner happy prize.
mrgazpacho

PreviousNext

Return to Spamusers!