Have you ever tried pheromones?

Oh, so you think you're funny? If you've made your own Spamusement strip, post it here.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 am

Well I thought the silhouette was just trees in the savannah and that the male lion in question was off frame somewhere, so the joke still works as such. In fact, I prefer it that way so I'm going to pretend all the discussing about where the male lion is didn't happen.
:: brain scrubbing: commence! ::

Nurvingiel
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Nurvingiel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:22 am

Nyperold wrote:Save as .bmp, then open it in MS Photo Editor and save as .png and see if that does you better. :)
I always save my spamusements as .png files because they don't try to group pixels (or whatever it is that .jpeg files do).

I found this comic hilarious. The bite our of the chocolate box is the icing on the cake for me. :lol:

Now on to my own little follow-up...

Category: Science. Obscurity rating: 10/10.

Should I explain this?
Gneekman wrote:Thanks for making my pitiful thing into a beautiful tree.
Saltine wrote:HEY CRAP MY DAUGHTER IS 8 MONTHS OLD, WTF?!

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:52 am

Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Portals » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 am

It appears that one tree is handing (or branching) something to the other tree, possibly a packet of pheromones?

And yes, an explanation may be necessary.

kvn8907
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby kvn8907 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:32 am

It looks like that one tree has a button on its chest.

Probabiliy of that being right: 3%
according to the swear filter, kvn8907 wrote:Too bad the sort of get togethers I go to are generally too polite to use the term "fork"

PonderThis wrote:Watch it, slydon, I think he's just trying to butter you up.

Domarius
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Re: Have you ever tried pheromones?

Postby Domarius » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:36 am

PortalsAreAwesome wrote:I just love it when I fill in a colour and the previously smooth lines turn into pixely, hideous scars. I also love retracing every single line and then realizing it looks like I outlined the whole thing in Sharpie.

Are you using photoshop? Or any painting app with layers? If so...

Firstly, never use the fill tool, it's the devil.

Secondly, do your outlines on a new layer, and do your colouring on another layer underneath that - and never the two shall meet - stick to that method. That will preserve the smooth (semi-transparent) edges of the lines, and you can colour quite carelessly and it will still look good.

If you don't want to use outlines afterall (and they were only just to cover up the ugly effects from using fill tool) and you just want to make your pictures out of blobs of colour, then use the layers to seperate things that overlap each other. Eg, the sand and sky on one layer, the mountains on the next layer, the lions on the layer after that, etc. Again that will preserve the transparent edges of the things that are on top of other things.

Nurvingiel
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Nurvingiel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:27 pm

loofah wrote:umm, pine beetle infestation?
Indeed. Portals is also right, since a pheremone patch has been used to try to combat the pine beetle infestation. The pheremone released is one that tells the beetles that the tree is already occupied. The hope is that they will then move on. Sometimes it works but it doesn't seem to have an effect on really crazy infestations.

So that's why the green tree, who lives due to it having a pheremone patch, is offering the red tree, who has actually has been dead for a year, a patch.
Gneekman wrote:Thanks for making my pitiful thing into a beautiful tree.
Saltine wrote:HEY CRAP MY DAUGHTER IS 8 MONTHS OLD, WTF?!

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:34 am

Nurvingiel wrote:
loofah wrote:umm, pine beetle infestation?
Indeed. Portals is also right, since a pheremone patch has been used to try to combat the pine beetle infestation. The pheremone released is one that tells the beetles that the tree is already occupied.
Hooray for science!

Nurvingiel wrote:So that's why the green tree, who lives due to it having a pheremone patch, is offering the red tree, who has actually has been dead for a year, a patch.
Awww, poor tree. :(

Return to “Spamuser Comics”