funny mamba

Oh, so you think you're funny? If you've made your own Spamusement strip, post it here.
User avatar
Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1458
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Pennsyltucky
Contact:

Postby Low-Tech » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:03 am

I do have to say, him coiled on the mic is the made of win portion of this comic :)
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him eat a salami sandwich.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled CIA intra-cranial broadcasts

User avatar
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 am

kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:Ha ha ha! She looks so happy!


Who?


The snake, of course.


Then why would it be a she? The snake is saying that they aren't his eggs, as in, I thought, he's not the father.
So it would make sense for it to be a female, since the female might be obliged to incubate the eggs if they were hers, whereas the male would not be obliged to do anything, whether it had fertilised the eggs or not.

Only Ponder knows the intended gender of the snake. I think it's irrelevant since the 'cold blooded' punchline works no matter what the leadup is.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:24 am

apronymaniac wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:Ha ha ha! She looks so happy!


Who?


The snake, of course.


Then why would it be a she? The snake is saying that they aren't his eggs, as in, I thought, he's not the father.
So it would make sense for it to be a female, since the female might be obliged to incubate the eggs if they were hers, whereas the male would not be obliged to do anything, whether it had fertilised the eggs or not.

Only Ponder knows the intended gender of the snake. I think it's irrelevant since the 'cold blooded' punchline works no matter what the leadup is.


nice try, but i'm afraid kevin is right, here.
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach
Contact:

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:51 am

NO! I refuse to accept this!

*storms out of the thread*
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

User avatar
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 am

katzenkoenig wrote:
apronymaniac wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:
Robwood wrote:Ha ha ha! She looks so happy!


Who?


The snake, of course.


Then why would it be a she? The snake is saying that they aren't his eggs, as in, I thought, he's not the father.
So it would make sense for it to be a female, since the female might be obliged to incubate the eggs if they were hers, whereas the male would not be obliged to do anything, whether it had fertilised the eggs or not.

Only Ponder knows the intended gender of the snake. I think it's irrelevant since the 'cold blooded' punchline works no matter what the leadup is.


nice try, but i'm afraid kevin is right, here.
So that means we're both right, great.

I love the way Chrono's avatar goes with just about everything he says.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 am

apronymaniac wrote:So that means we're both right, great.


I'd really like to hear your explanation for that, actually.
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1458
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:54 am
Location: Pennsyltucky
Contact:

Postby Low-Tech » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:49 am

Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him eat a salami sandwich.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled CIA intra-cranial broadcasts

User avatar
kvn8907
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2400
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:55 pm
Location: The 92% of New York that's considered "Upstate"

Postby kvn8907 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:32 am

apronymaniac wrote:So it would make sense for it to be a female, since the female might be obliged to incubate the eggs if they were hers, whereas the male would not be obliged to do anything, whether it had fertilised the eggs or not.

Only Ponder knows the intended gender of the snake. I think it's irrelevant since the 'cold blooded' punchline works no matter what the leadup is.


But that doesn't make any sense. The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

The snake can talk, implying it has some level of anthropromorphization, and probably has the sort of pair relationship found in humans. To say that since it's a snake the male would have no responsibility to the children would be like saying Flounder, the intelligent (for a fish), talking fish from The Little Mermaid wouldn't actually be able to close his eyes.


Low-Tech wrote:Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle?


"How do the Heisenberg compensators work?"
"They work just fine, thank you."
according to the swear filter, kvn8907 wrote:Too bad the sort of get togethers I go to are generally too polite to use the term "fork"


PonderThis wrote:Watch it, slydon, I think he's just trying to butter you up.

User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Posts: 7547
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein
Contact:

Postby Skimba » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am

kvn8907 wrote:But that doesn't make any sense. The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

Every female I talk to is one of my lesbian partners.
Including you reading this.
Image
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

User avatar
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:49 am

katzenkoenig wrote:
apronymaniac wrote:So that means we're both right, great.


I'd really like to hear your explanation for that, actually.
Well, kvn says it's probably a male. I say that it could be interpreted either way (which it has been... Robwood thought it was female), the snake's gender is irrelevant to the joke (which is, as I see it, the 'cold blooded' pun and the fact that there's an amusingly-drawn snake being a slither-up comedian), and the only one who knows the intended gender is Ponder. It seems you think kvn is right and you haven't disagreed with what I said (and I'm not really sure how you could) therefore we're both right.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 pm

apronymaniac wrote:Well, kvn says it's probably a male.


kvn8907 wrote:But that doesn't make any sense.The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

maybe "probably" is a bit weak :shock:

apronymaniac wrote: I say that it could be interpreted either way (which it has been... Robwood thought it was female)

just because it has been interpreted both ways doesn't mean that there are several logical interpretations :/
and maybe rob just always refers to snakes as females.

, the snake's gender is irrelevant to the joke (which is, as I see it, the 'cold blooded' pun and the fact that there's an amusingly-drawn snake being a slither-up comedian),

gender is irrelevant to a lot of things, but it still makes more sense this way

and the only one who knows the intended gender is Ponder.

and it was really nice of him to give us some hints :)

It seems you think kvn is right and you haven't disagreed with what I said (and I'm not really sure how you could) therefore we're both right.


as i said, since kevin doesn't think it would make sense for the snake to be female, that means he disagrees with you, which in turn means that i disagree with you.
Anyway, that wasn't even the point here: even if you were right, that wouldn't not the logical conclusion of kevin being right. (as you two disagree and you can't both be right.)
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
Chrono Crow
Spam King
Posts: 15466
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Yeach
Contact:

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Skimba wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:But that doesn't make any sense. The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

Every female I talk to is one of my lesbian partners.
Including you reading this.


BUT I DON'T WANT A VAGINA! Ooh! Boobies! *fondles*
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:
Skimba wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:But that doesn't make any sense. The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

Every female I talk to is one of my lesbian partners.
Including you reading this.


BUT I DON'T WANT A VAGINA! Ooh! Boobies! *fondles*


maybe you should date more transsexuals.
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:54 pm

katzenkoenig wrote:
apronymaniac wrote:t;] I say that it could be interpreted either way (which it has been... Robwood thought it was female)

just because it has been interpreted both ways doesn't mean that there are several logical interpretations :/
I explained in my post why somebody might logically assume it to be a female, without claiming that it was illogical to assume it was a male. Personally I didn't assign the snake any gender when I first read it (the joke doesn't need it) although when I later thought about it I had a hard time thinking about a male claiming ownership of eggs.

I don't see what the problem is. If somebody understood it as being a female snake, and still got the joke (which is essentially the same joke whether it's a male, a female, or even if the joke begins with 'sssso I sssez to her, you killed my ssssisssster, prepare to die'), then what's the point of telling them they're wrong? It's like telling someone they're wrong because they think the continuum hypothesis is true in ZFC. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not, it works anyway.


katzenkoenig wrote:
, the snake's gender is irrelevant to the joke (which is, as I see it, the 'cold blooded' pun and the fact that there's an amusingly-drawn snake being a slither-up comedian),

gender is irrelevant to a lot of things, but it still makes more sense this way

To you, yes... not necessarily to everybody. Geez, I didn't mean to start an argument, I was just explaining why somebody might logically assume it was a female. I never said that everybody should make that same assumption, in fact I said that it didn't matter.

katzenkoenig wrote:
and the only one who knows the intended gender is Ponder.

and it was really nice of him to give us some hints :)
What hints? Ponder's only post apart from the comic was about me. Did I miss a hint?

Well, my computer keeps falling asleep and I think I'd like to follow its example.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:56 pm

and you're ignoring the points i actually would bother arguing about :/
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
apronymaniac
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Postby apronymaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Tell me what they are and maybe I'll tackle them when my computer can stay awake for more than 20 seconds.

Over and out.
James wrote:apronymaniac's relentless correctness completely stifles my delusions of superiority.
apronymaniac's spamusements, and more

User avatar
katzenkoenig
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Porn

Postby katzenkoenig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Nevermind, it's about time i went to bed, anyway.
Skimba wrote:And she laughed and laughed...'cause she knew she wasn't wearing any pants.

User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Skimba wrote:
kvn8907 wrote:But that doesn't make any sense. The snake's talking to a girl, so unless it's a lesbian snake or something, it doesn't make any sense to be having that conversation with someone of the female persuasion. Though even if they are lesbian snakes, that raises more questions than it solves.

Every female I talk to is one of my lesbian partners.
Including you reading this.


is this why i am a lesbian magnet?
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

User avatar
Robwood
Regrows Lost Hair
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm

Postby Robwood » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 pm

apronymaniac wrote:I later thought about it I had a hard time thinking about a male claiming ownership of eggs.


Exactly why I believed the gender to be female. But yeah, gender is irrelevant, blah blah blah, funny either way, blah blah blah. :razz:


Return to “Spamuser Comics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests