PB and J Bites

Oh, so you think you're funny? If you've made your own Spamusement strip, post it here.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

PB and J Bites

Postby Nyperold » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 am

Line provided by Zombie Protestor.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Re: PB and J Bites

Postby GregorR » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 am

It gained sentience because you put the jelly on the bottom. Sin.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:15 am

Comic = :lol: The multi-layered "CHOMP" is fantastic.
Gregrrs comment also made me laugh. TRUTH!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:35 am

:D :D :D
Skimba wrote:The multi-layered "CHOMP" is fantastic.

Yes.

Skimba wrote:Gregrrs comment also made me laugh. TRUTH!

Yes!

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:25 pm

PonderThis wrote:
Skimba wrote:Gregrrs comment also made me laugh. TRUTH!

Yes!

Consensus: Nyperold is a bottom-jelly barbarian.

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Oops, I got jelly all over the handle of my battleaxe.

Though seriously, when I initially put a sandwich together, the fruit spread is on the bottom just because it's easier to flip the PB side without losing PB through gravity and failure to adhere. But after that, the fruit spread is on top whenever it's on the plate so that when I pick it up, the peanut butter will be on top again.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:35 am

Wait ...

You're saying you build the sandwich one way, then invert it, then invert it again on every plate->mouth trip? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? We must teach Nyperold to sandwich!

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:48 am

Nyperold wrote:Oops, I got jelly all over the handle of my battleaxe.

Though seriously, when I initially put a sandwich together, the fruit spread is on the bottom just because it's easier to flip the PB side without losing PB through gravity and failure to adhere. But after that, the fruit spread is on top whenever it's on the plate so that when I pick it up, the peanut butter will be on top again.

WTF?
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 am

He's mad, Skimba, maaaaaaaaaaad!

Actually, Nyp, you may be a wrong-side-up PB&J heathen but we're all brethren of the sandwich as long as you use the right PB. Crunchy, peanuts (and salt) ONLY, no sugar added. In fact, that's what I'm eating right now!!

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Skippy Natural Super Chunk is my PB of choice. Ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt.

What can I say? A little salt, a little sugar / makes the goo taste really good...

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Nyperold wrote:Skippy Natural Super Chunk is my PB of choice. Ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt

I don't see what's so natural about that. Laura Scudder's is the one and only true peanut butter. Roasted (to perfection) peanuts, salt. What's with the palm oil? Are you not willing to put in a little effort for your culinary experience?
Also, why add sugar to the peanut butter, when the jelly/jam/preserves already have sugar in them? It's just absurd. Absurd, I say!
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 am

I'm not familiar with that brand. And looking at the product locator, neither are our stores. Sorry, looks like I'm going to have to stick (*rimshot*) with this for now.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 am

Did a quick googleabout, and it seems that Laura Scudder's Peanut Butter (a brand name with which I was unfamiliar) also goes by Adam's Natural Peanut Butter, and the well-known brand name Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 am

GregorR wrote:Did a quick googleabout, and it seems that Laura Scudder's Peanut Butter (a brand name with which I was unfamiliar) also goes by Adam's Natural Peanut Butter, and the well-known brand name Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter.

No. Laura Scudder's is NOT Adam's, which tastes like they didn't even roast the peanuts. Blech. Some people prefer that, but they're wrong. It's all about the browning reaction.
I've not had the Smucker's brand, so I couldn't tell you how it tastes.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 am

Behold how these are the same web site, link to each other, have the same Facebook page, are both part of the J. M. Smucker Company, and have the same container modulo branding:

http://www.laurascudderspeanutbutter.com/
http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/

Yeah, I'm quite sure they're the same.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 am

While you're at it, note how they have identical nutritional facts, and both claim they roast their peanuts :P

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am

GregorR wrote:While you're at it, note how they have identical nutritional facts, and both claim they roast their peanuts :P

Yes, because they both contain peanuts and salt. Would you say all coffees taste the same because they all contain coffee beans?

GregorR wrote:Behold how these are the same web site, link to each other, have the same Facebook page, are both part of the J. M. Smucker Company, and have the same container modulo branding:
http://www.laurascudderspeanutbutter.com/
http://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/
Yeah, I'm quite sure they're the same.

That's nice. Have you tasted them?

Ooh! Ooh! I am vindicated!
Also, sorry to derail the thread.

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Nope, I haven't, I was just presenting evidence here :P

Also HAHA THE SANDWICH IS BITING HIM! Oh, sandwiches. (Consider the thread back on track)

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

It's Teddie or go home. And that's a fact.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:17 pm

I was going to say that their websites (Adam's and Laura's) look very similar, but one seemed to be geared towards females and the other toward male. FOR SOME STRANGE REASON OMG PEANUT BUTTER. Seriously, gender typing nuts now? (har har)

There's a lot they can do with processing and treatment though that can make the difference. Adam could possibly only roast for 5 minutes in an oven, while Laura could pass theirs over an open flame fueled by hickory as the nuts pass over it on the belt.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 pm

EsBe wrote:It's Teddie...

Let's see, no Wikipedia page, but there is a link on Google search that looks promising... let's see if this New England institution's product is more available in my area than Laura Scudder's. Oh! It goes ahead and tells you what stores carry it without needing a ZIP code input. And I'm pretty sure none of them are in my area.

...or go home.

*looks at his surroundings*

Well, that was easy. ;-)
Last edited by Nyperold on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

Well I don't know Adam's from jack but I buy Smucker's and Laura's all the time. Which one I get is a matter of which grocery I happen to be in at the time. And as far as I can tell they're pretty much identical and are both good stuff.

I wouldn't touch the Skippy "Natural" with a ten foot (3.048m) pole. The sugar's bad enough -- as loofah says you'll be getting plenty in your jam/jelly/preserves. But palm oil? That tells me the company is selling off the peanut oil and replacing it with palm oil to squeeze out an extra 2¢ profit per jar. As a result you, the consumer, are getting a considerably unhealthier oil in the process. :barf:

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I've tried natural peanut butters and thought they were a little too different. Sorry, but Jif's has exactly the flavor I'm looking for in a peanut butter and I could burn through a jar of it in no time, especially if you give me some tortillas and bananas and/or Nutella.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 pm

High-five to ZP on the Jif!

GregorR
Makes LOLCATS

Postby GregorR » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:19 pm

PS when I make a PB&J sandwich I use this:

*runs*

Return to “Spamuser Comics”