Six Degrees of Wikipedia

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Wikipedia > Stephen Colbert > American Film Actors > American Film Actors: Ba > Kevin Bacon

Cadenza>superconductor
Keovar wrote:
SemiNomad wrote:The concept of a ninja pimp amuses me
Will Shigeru be forced to garrote a dishonorable cur?
User avatar
Brian
Makes LOLCATS
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Nyperold » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Not participating, but I actually had a similar idea involving the IMDb. You set a starting and an ending point, and try to get from one to the other in the fewest steps, going from person (usually an actor) to work (usually a movie or TV show) to person to work until you reach it.
User avatar
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Florida

Postby Gelatine Cow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Nyperold wrote:Not participating, but I actually had a similar idea involving the IMDb. You set a starting and an ending point, and try to get from one to the other in the fewest steps, going from person (usually an actor) to work (usually a movie or TV show) to person to work until you reach it.

Bacon Number
And that's terrible.
User avatar
Gelatine Cow
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 am

Postby Portals » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Cadenza --> 19th Century --> A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism --> Electromagnetism --> Superconductivity

Hmm...
Bus --> Zebra
User avatar
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: California

Postby kzager » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Haha.
Bus > Road transport > Traffic > Pedestrian crossing > Zebra crossing > Zebra

Going off of that:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --> Car accident
Image
User avatar
kzager
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Trapped in a well.

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:32 pm

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy > Ford Prefect (character) > Ford Prefect (car) > Automobile > Car Accident

Pornography > Burl Ives
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
User avatar
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:14 am
Location: Up here in the cabinet, banging on pots and pans.

Postby Nik » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Okay.

pornography > animation > model animation > stop motion > Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer > Rudolph the red nosed reindeer (main article) > Burl Ives

Hillary Rodham Clinton > Urkel
Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.
User avatar
Nik
Moderator
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby Sirocco » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:02 am

Hillary Rodham Clinton -> 60 Minutes -> CBS News -> CBS -> List of Programs Broadcast by CBS -> Family Matters -> Steven Urkel

Ouch, Hillary's article is a bear.

George Washington -> Michael Moorcock
User avatar
Sirocco
Lasts 36 Hours
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: Warshington

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:57 am

George Washington -> President of the United States -> Republican -> Newt Gingrich -> Alternate History -> Michael Moorcock

Orson Scott Card -> Systemic lupus erythematosus
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
User avatar
Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: 34° 13' 41.72", -85° 9' 46.92"

Postby chrismachine » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Orson Scott Card -> Darwinism -> Eugenics -> Haemophilia -> Template:Immune_disorders -> List_of_autoimmune_diseases -> lupus erythematosus

Satellaview --> Kenning
Image
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
User avatar
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby Portals » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:31 am

Satellaview --> Satellite Radio --> Canada --> Arctic Ocean --> Norway --> Skald --> Kenning

Hm...
Lord of the Rings --> Kennedy Space Center
User avatar
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: California

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 am

lord of the rings -> october 20 -> john f. kennedy -> kennedy space center


the cars (band) -> popsicle
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:29 pm

The Cars (band) > Boston, Massachusetts > Cuisine of New England > ice cream > ice pop > popsicle

french kiss > bossa nova
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
User avatar
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:14 am
Location: Up here in the cabinet, banging on pots and pans.

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:01 pm

French kiss --> French Language --> Spanish Language --> Brazil --> Bossa Nova

Next challenge:
Hershey's Kisses --> Sodomy
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

Postby Nik » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Hershey's Kisses > Valentine's Day > Lingerie > Cheeky (undergarment) > Buttocks > Anus >Sodomy

Barney & Friends > Harrison Ford
Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.
User avatar
Nik
Moderator
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby SemiNomad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Barney & Friends > dinosaur > Jurassic Park > Steven Spielberg > Harrison Ford


AK-47 > Futurism
User avatar
SemiNomad
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:08 am
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Postby Portals » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:09 pm

AK-47 --> Hungary --> Italy --> Futurism

Canidae --> World War I
User avatar
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: California

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Canidae --> Grey Wolf --> Eurasia --> Russia --> World War I

Next Challenge:
Camera --> Integral
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

Postby kzager » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 am

Camera>light>Albert Einstein>Calculus>Integral

Magic: the Gathering --> Working Animal (aka beast of burden)
Image
User avatar
kzager
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Trapped in a well.

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:16 am

i'll never be your beast of burden...[/mick jagger]

magic: the gathering -> dungeons & dragons -> displacer beast -> blink dog -> dog -> working dog -> working animal


while we're on the subject:

dungeons & dragons -> girlfriend

and yes, it can be done! in real life *and* wikipedia!!
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby Sweet Tasting Jonas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:42 am

It's true! But it's an unlikely connection indeed. Took me three tries to get right.

Dungeons & Dragons -> Sources and influences on the development of Dungeons & Dragons -> England -> Punjabi language -> Punjabi grammar -> Girlfriend

Now let's see you crack this one:

Innuendo -> Gustav Klimt
giantsfan wrote:ahhh you have found my achilles.... well my achilles penis I guess
Chrono Crow wrote:I knew as soon as I saw balls, this thread would be a masterpiece.
User avatar
Sweet Tasting Jonas
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 am

just goes to show that there are multiple paths to the same subject. myself, i used:

d&d -> fantasy -> sexual fantasy -> human sexual behavior -> friendship -> friends with benefits -> girlfriend


as for your challenge:

innuendo -> queen (band) -> farrokh bulsara -> fritz lang -> austria -> gustav klimt


ok, it took me a minute to think of something but here goes:

beer belly -> random access memory
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby Sweet Tasting Jonas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Got it.
Central obesity (Redirected from Beer belly) -> Sit-up -> sit-up Ltd -> Internet -> File server -> Random access memory

Now try this:

Nerd -> Pope John Paul I (that's a one!)
giantsfan wrote:ahhh you have found my achilles.... well my achilles penis I guess
Chrono Crow wrote:I knew as soon as I saw balls, this thread would be a masterpiece.
User avatar
Sweet Tasting Jonas
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Nerd --> Stereotype --> Religion --> Roman Catholic Church --> Pope John Paul II --> Pope John Paul I

Next Challenge:
Easter Eggs --> Ents
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

Postby kzager » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:57 pm

easter egg > bird nest > tree > J.R.R. Tolkien > Treebeard > Ent

Bill O'Reilly (commentator) --> ¿Por qué no te callas?
Image
User avatar
kzager
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Trapped in a well.

PreviousNext

Return to The Internets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest