Help us use spam to fight crime

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Help us use spam to fight crime

Postby cputrdoc » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:45 am

It's summer time! People are out of school, and maybe it's a little slower at the office with so many people on vacation. That means people have a lot more time to draw Spamusement cartoons, and send us their spam at FraudAid.com. That's proving to be a problem.

Fraud Aid is looking for a few volunteers that can help us sort through the scam spam submissions (e.g. you won the lottery! just pay me the insurance fees, taxes, transfer fees...) and trace email back to its source. Law enforcement then uses the traceback to stop crime.

The time commitment is minimal: about 30-45 minutes a day, as few days a week as you like. Write ema-5@fraudaid.com (my email address there) if you're interested.

By volunteering for Fraud Aid you're helping to stop online scams and make the Internet a safe place for future generations! That's why I volunteer.
Fraud Aid Email Analyst #5

Do more with your spam -- help Fraud Aid stop online identity theft! Contact me to learn more.
cputrdoc
Offers Discount Pharmaceuticals

Postby Dusk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:28 pm

I dunno.. sounds kinda like a scam to me.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Portals » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 pm

But how will we make spamusements if there's no spam left to ridicule?
Portals
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:13 am

This isn't his first bout at posting this. See here.

I guess I'm the only one who remembered?
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby James » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 am

The pedant in me wants to say that he thinks the title's a little misleading. You're using con spam to fight the crime of spam-based cons. That's like saying that, by reporting the details of a burglary you've suffered, you're using burglary to fight crime. I'd just call that plain crime-fighting.

The relatively nice person somewhere in me would like to make it clear that I think that this is a noble pursuit regardless, and would like to apologize for the pedant being such a dick.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Return to The Internets