What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Postby Nyperold » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Got nothing to do for a few hours? Are you sure? Because this can be a massive timesink.

2048 is a game played on a 4x4 grid. Two squares have numbers in them. You use the arrow keys to move all numbers that can be moved in that direction as far as they can go. (Numbers that can't are numbers that are against an edge in that direction anyway, and unequal numbers that have that number next to them in that direction.) Each time you move the numbers, a random empty square is filled with another number. When a number runs into a number that is equal to it, the blocks combine into one with the combined value of both.

The objective is to make a 2048 block. The lose condition is if all squares are filled and you can't combine any.

Have fun!
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: 2048

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 am

this is exactly like the game threes with the twist that you can automatically add numbers together as long as they match. with threes, you have to first add 1+2 in some cases, but the rules are still the same that you can only add numbers if they match
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby mulpis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:19 am

That is one fun game. My 9 year old is way better at it than me, though, so that's a little humbling....
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby James » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 pm

sum yun gai wrote:this is exactly like the game threes with the twist that you can automatically add numbers together as long as they match. with threes, you have to first add 1+2 in some cases, but the rules are still the same that you can only add numbers if they match

Another small difference is that in Threes the tiles only slide one square with each move, whereas in 2048 (which apparently is a clone of something called 1024) pieces will move as far as they can, including one combination (but a piece resulting from a combination won't recombine in the same turn). It's for that reason that I kind of prefer the feel of 2048 (ethics aside).

Of course, all these games are eclipsed by DOGE2048.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 am

apparently i'm better at doge2048 than the "real" game....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby James » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 pm

I've finished the original, but not the doge version. I want to see the final stage of doge. Sure, I could just check the source, but I want to earn it.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Return to The Internets