video clip

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Postby kupo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:14 pm

omg double posting...

anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2r4Vz2Z14&search=rocko

that scared and scarred me.
a signature
kupo
Impresses the Females

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:11 pm

I hate people who post videos of themselves being jackasses for the simple purpose of looking like jackasses.

Also, I'm not staring at those sanity/insanity things for too long. I'm expecting that scary crap.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Multimoog » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:20 pm

Multimoog
Controls Blood Sugar Naturally

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:09 pm

That would have been so much more sweet and modest had it not been a freaking ad.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/34182/
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:24 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:http://www.devilducky.com/media/34182/

What a sweet and heart warming story.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:29 pm

It's sad, but it's genuine. All she wanted was someone to love her.:(
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:35 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:It's sad, but it's genuine. All she wanted was someone to love her.:(

If only she had the internet!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:44 pm

Indeed. She could have found a goth message board!
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby James » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:45 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:That would have been so much more sweet and modest had it not been a freaking ad.

Those are pretty much my sentiments. I like the style of the advert and the fact that the smiles are absolutely frightening, but I don't like the implied message: "Money will make you happy, but your chances of winning the Lottery are practically nil so you're basically doomed to misery. Kill yourself now, please."

I've seen it on actual television, so I'm an expert.

In related news, The National Lottery consider the world's richest association football team a charitable cause. (They might not actually be the richest team in the world, but I don't care.)
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:13 pm

James wrote:In related news, The National Lottery consider the world's richest association football team a charitable cause. (They might not actually be the richest team in the world, but I don't care.)

Wow I've never seen money being used more innappropriately.

*completely ignores war in Iraq*
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:24 pm

Was that a joke or a criticism?
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:28 pm

James wrote:Was that a joke or a criticism?

A joke, aimed at my government... specifically Bush.

Did you just edit your post from "dig" to "criticism"?
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Yes. I decided I probably didn't know how to correctly use the word "dig", so I opted to play it safe. It actually said something completely different before that, as I'd initially read your post as berating me for focusing on something comparatively trivial. I was all poised to give you a piece of my expansive mind, but then I thought better of it.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby kupo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:14 pm

I wish I had her eyes.
a signature
kupo
Impresses the Females

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:56 pm

James wrote:Yes. I decided I probably didn't know how to correctly use the word "dig", so I opted to play it safe. It actually said something completely different before that, as I'd initially read your post as berating me for focusing on something comparatively trivial. I was all poised to give you a piece of my expansive mind, but then I thought better of it.

I thought your article was interesting, it pisses me off when money is wasted in such a fashion. I decided to make fun of my own country instead of yours :D
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 pm

kupo wrote:

I wish I had her eyes.

I had a friend who wouldn't watch it because her eyes were too scary.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:
kupo wrote:

I wish I had her eyes.

I had a friend who wouldn't watch it because her eyes were too scary.

Yeah, the two white spots were freaking me out a little. It seemed kind of insect-ish.
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Multimoog » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:07 am

James wrote:
Chrono Crow wrote:That would have been so much more sweet and modest had it not been a freaking ad.

Those are pretty much my sentiments. I like the style of the advert and the fact that the smiles are absolutely frightening, but I don't like the implied message: "Money will make you happy, but your chances of winning the Lottery are practically nil so you're basically doomed to misery. Kill yourself now, please."

I've seen it on actual television, so I'm an expert.

While I understand the sentiment, I disagree with it. I thought the implied message was "If something good happens to you, maybe you can share the good fortune with others?" The design, character and emotion animation are perfectly done. Plus I love that Patience & Prudence song ; )

I have this thing about advertising being the most effective way to get art to the masses. I'm not the only one, which is why we have things like I.D. Magazine and Pictoplasma (which I have artwork in!). It's easier to forgive something being an ad if it's especially well done. I look at it like this: A company paid for this wonderful little animated short to be produced when it wouldn't have otherwise. It's not completely different when a corporation sponsors any kind of public artwork - a museum exhibit, a film festival, what have you. Taking it even farther, most movies and almost all television is directly sponsored by advertisement. Yes, a lot of times advertising is stupid and annoying, but that makes it even more remarkable when someone produces something of real emotional value. I can honestly say watching that clip put me in a good mood today. I think's a little naive and shortsighted to automatically conclude that advertising is evil. Wether that makes me more or less cynical is an interesting question.

Again - I went to art school. Can you tell?
Multimoog
Controls Blood Sugar Naturally

Postby giantsfan97 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:05 pm

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:54 pm

have you seen thatPepsi commercial with Jimmy Fallon? I think I may be the only person who enjoys it, but I find something slightly hypnotic about it :?
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:44 am

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby James » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:02 am

Chrono Crow wrote:I had a friend who wouldn't watch it because her eyes were too scary.

You had a friend who needed her oxygen access privileges reviewed.

Multimoog wrote:While I understand the sentiment, I disagree with it. I thought the implied message was "If something good happens to you, maybe you can share the good fortune with others?" The design, character and emotion animation are perfectly done. Plus I love that Patience & Prudence song ; )

I have this thing about advertising being the most effective way to get art to the masses. I'm not the only one, which is why we have things like I.D. Magazine and Pictoplasma (which I have artwork in!). It's easier to forgive something being an ad if it's especially well done. I look at it like this: A company paid for this wonderful little animated short to be produced when it wouldn't have otherwise. It's not completely different when a corporation sponsors any kind of public artwork - a museum exhibit, a film festival, what have you. Taking it even farther, most movies and almost all television is directly sponsored by advertisement. Yes, a lot of times advertising is stupid and annoying, but that makes it even more remarkable when someone produces something of real emotional value. I can honestly say watching that clip put me in a good mood today. I think's a little naive and shortsighted to automatically conclude that advertising is evil. Wether that makes me more or less cynical is an interesting question.

Again - I went to art school. Can you tell?

You're just wrong.

Nah, I will admit that I did actually discover numerous good bands through hearing their music on adverts. Advertising people do seem to have good taste in music (sometimes). I never actually said that I find adverts inherently objectionable. I could agree with your interpretation of the animation if it had just been a short film, but the presence of the National Lottery logo at the end sours it for me specifically because I have a bit of a personal distaste for the organisation. Sharing happiness is a lovely message, but I'm fed up of the Lottery banging on about how lots and lots of money is what people really need in life, and winning it is the way to get it, and that the chances aren't really that terrible if you just hope a little bit. I'm a miserable sod, I know, but I just can't stomach the bastards. Sure, they give money to charitable causes, but if people really cared about that sort of thing they'd donate the money directly. I suppose it's my inner communist kicking up a fuss. No, I'm not really a communist.

There are adverts I tolerate – I even enjoy the odd few – but I find most to be tedious or stupid to the point of extreme frustration. And the guy from the Cillit Bang adverts isn't really called Barry Scott. The treachery!

In summary: it's nice as an animation, but objectionable as an advert. Also, this is the best review programme ever.
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Saltine » Tue May 02, 2006 10:29 am

--Saltine
Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 am

^
Hilarious IMO, but he didn't seem to get many laughs.

Turn off your speakers, and tell me whether this is a boy or a girl:
emo
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 am

What IS it?! Nevermind. Just kill it.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

PreviousNext

Return to The Internets