Fundies Say The Darndest Things

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Fundies Say The Darndest Things

Postby Mimiheart » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:38 pm

http://www.fstdt.com/fundies.asp

This is NOT an attack on Christians, in general. It's an attack on the STUPID things fundamentalists have said. And there are some doozies.
Made ya look.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:16 pm

The Prince of Pain, GameTalk wrote:"Athiests as a Majority

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.
ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go fork a hooker.
ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.
ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."
ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!

The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

ATHIEST DAD: Hey!
ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."
ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!
ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.
ATHIEST DAD: Why not?
ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men rickin'-frackin' eachother in there.
ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?
ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.
ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!
ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!

The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: dang you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!

THE END

Scary, isn't it?"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That said, I do wish I could nail my Catholic friend Jeremy to a burning cross. ONE DAY SOCIETY WILL COME AROUND TO OUR WAY OF THINKING.

I'm obviously lying. Jeremy is lovely.

EDIT: Actually, reading the original page I'm not even sure if this guy is serious. He seems like a troll.
Last edited by James on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SIGNATURE: GONE

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:18 pm

"We will never be able to understand and comprehend it, because the whole universe compared with Heaven is like a drop of water compared with the ocean...

However, the Bible makes a beautiful description of it for our imagination:

1- It is a gigantic, enormous city:

As big as the whole world known at that time, the whole Europe!... and tri-dimensional!:

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God... The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long." (Rev.21:2, 15-17)

12,000 stadia are about 1,400 miles, 2,2000 kilometers... The length of the whole world known at that time!... and the same length in high!... and it is not plane, but tri-dimensional... going up another 1,400 miles!..."

Looks like somebody, even while quoting the passage, completely failed to realize that Heaven and the New Jerusalem are two different places, as seen in the phrase "coming down out of Heaven". This is the key; somehow, in Domínguez's mind, Heaven is simultaneously several orders of magnitude larger than the universe, and only "As big as ... the whole Europe!"

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Nyperold wrote:I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God...

Fun fact for Brits: I read that as 'Holby City'.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:11 pm

"[People use this argument a lot, proly 'cause it's easy, but you also can't disprove leprechauns, unicorns, sasquatch, Cthulhu, the flying spaghetti monster, and space creatures living in Atlantis. Does this mean that they all have to exist? Of course not, that's ridiculous.]

Just because you find the existence of said creatures to be ridiculous does not mean they do not exist. Ignorance is not proof."

Well... that's not really a stupid thing to say. Bah.

I particularly loved that 'Atheist world' one though. Still, there's only so much fundamentalist tripe I can wade through before it gets boring.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:41 am

This sort of stuff depresses the hell out of me.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:52 am

See, I usually start to feel bad about it, then I have to remind myself that it really doesn't trouble me at all. I mean... it's their problem, right? The fundies and the people who dedicate their time to arguing with the fundies.

Circuitous
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Circuitous » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 pm

It's harder for Americans because these are the people voting in every election. :(
Tatsumakisenpuukyaku!

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:33 am

It bothers me that, in Mexico, you must be a Catholic. Not that anyone forces you, or that being of any other religion is seen wrong, but... everyone just assumes that you are: The media, the Government, even the Chinese Immigrants, dang it!
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:23 pm

You know what happens when you assume...
--Saltine

Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Mimiheart » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:25 pm

"I'm not claiming that a corner is not a corner.

I'm defining what a corner is, and then demonstrating that a sphere has 4 corners! Anybody with a shred of Intellectual decency, humility and honesty would do the same."

*cries*
Made ya look.

pitnyelder
Stops Your Craving For Cigarettes

Postby pitnyelder » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Mimiheart wrote:
"I'm not claiming that a corner is not a corner.

I'm defining what a corner is, and then demonstrating that a sphere has 4 corners! Anybody with a shred of Intellectual decency, humility and honesty would do the same."

*cries*

Mimi, you only cry because you're educated stupid, and as such can never understand. :lol:

I really do my best to avoid sites (and people) like that, since it just causes an unneeded spike in my urge to kill.
Bolt Vanderhuge! Thick McRunfast! Blast Hardcheese! Crud Bonemeal! Gristle McThornbody! Big McLargehuge!

Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Mimiheart » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:49 pm

I handed my four-year-old a ball and asked him how many corners it had.

He looked at me like I was nuts and told me it didn't have ANY corners.

My four-year-old is smarter than that idiot.
Made ya look.

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:45 pm

He's not an idiot; he's a crackpot. Okay, maybe he's an idiot. But I think he knows that spheres don't have corners. He's just loony.

I actually went to his lecture thing at MIT. Everyone in the audience applauded his Crazy-McNutso babble-talk. It was hilarious, but sad. I mean, he had such a good time. It's one thing to overtly make fun of someone with some kind of cognitive deficiency; it's another to do so in such a way that the butt of the joke doesn't even realize it. It's so mean. But hilarious. BUT MEAN. [/angel-devil fight]
--Saltine

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm

What I find strange is that he seems to base so much on the idea that the concept of a day is the root of all time (and somehow, by extension, everything else).

Saltine wrote:It's one thing to overtly make fun of someone with some kind of cognitive deficiency; it's another to do so in such a way that the butt of the joke doesn't even realize it. It's so mean. But hilarious. BUT MEAN. [/angel-devil fight]

Well he's come out with some pretty dodgy-sounding things, including stuff about killing people and an apparent dislike for jews, so you can tell yourself it's punishment for that. Not that beliefs ought necessarily be punished, but you know, whatever helps you sleep at night. Or from about 5 am to 3 pm. Whatever. IT'S NIGHT SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE TIME IS A FOUR-SIDED CUBE.

Return to “The Internets”