The Role-Player's Vault

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

The Role-Player's Vault

Postby Nyperold » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm

The Role-Player's Vault, for its vast-sounding name, only contains two games (with a third on the way), but one of these games can keep my attention for a long while.

This one is Murkon's Refuge. You create a party of 1 to 6 characters (named practically anything you want*), and build them up so they can find and beat Murkon, take back the artifact, and return it to the king. You'll start with a 3D view of the labyrinth, but you'll soon be able to get top-down views and orient them for ease of use. There aren't any NPCs to talk "to", except the shopkeeper. Yes, the levels wrap, but you don't do any more than see it until (dungeon) level 2. I would highly recommend reading the rules first, and referring to them as needed, but do as you will.

The other, which I haven't been able to get into (figuratively), is Murkon's Vengeance, in which you play Murkon trying to get back to the top and wreak vengeance on the heroes.

All I know about the new one is that it's not related to the Murkon games.

*I've seen Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, gemstone names, video game characters, and so on in the Hall of Fame. Maybe your party will be Spamusement characters, eh? ;)
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Return to The Internets