Happy life day!

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Happy life day!

Postby Nik » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 pm

Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.
User avatar
Nik
Moderator
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby Mimiheart » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 pm

We have the whole thing on VHS. :twisted:
Made ya look.
User avatar
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby Nik » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:01 pm

I'd like to make a drinking game out of it, but I don't know if I could last 2 hours drinking every time someone does something that makes me want to stab myself in the temple with the nearest implement


I hope you make it a yearly tradition to watch that.
Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.
User avatar
Nik
Moderator
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby SemiNomad » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:08 pm

There must be an epic struggle going on in George Lucas's mind: continue to deny the existence of the holiday special, or to sell toy versions of the characters and other such merchandise to obsessive collector nerds.
User avatar
SemiNomad
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:08 am
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:24 pm

SemiNomad wrote:There must be an epic struggle going on in George Lucas's mind: continue to deny the existence of the holiday special, or to sell toy versions of the characters and other such merchandise to obsessive collector nerds.


Or, make a special edition that purports to fix the problems, but is actually just a mess of useless special effects and (more) confusing added scenes. :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
User avatar
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:57 am
Location: Fort Mitchell, KY, USA

Postby SemiNomad » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
SemiNomad wrote:There must be an epic struggle going on in George Lucas's mind: continue to deny the existence of the holiday special, or to sell toy versions of the characters and other such merchandise to obsessive collector nerds.


Or, make a special edition that purports to fix the problems, but is actually just a mess of useless special effects and (more) confusing added scenes. :P


Which, in turn, means more obscure characters to make toys of. It's brilliant in a sort of evil way.
User avatar
SemiNomad
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:08 am
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Postby Mimiheart » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:53 pm

Nik wrote:I'd like to make a drinking game out of it, but I don't know if I could last 2 hours drinking every time someone does something that makes me want to stab myself in the temple with the nearest implement


I hope you make it a yearly tradition to watch that.
I'm sure my kids would love it.

In semi-related news, the Jr. High at my synagogue put on "Star of David Wars." The Rabbi played "Hanukkah Solo". :lol:
Made ya look.
User avatar
Mimiheart
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby Null » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:16 am

Remember, one of the things he did in the "Special" edition of Return of the Jedi was to add more songs.

One of these days he's going to slip up and tell someone the Holiday Special was the best embodiment of his original vision. And he's going to digially add more Tim Conway.

PS: I've seen it on VHS. I own it on (still unwatched) DVD.
User avatar
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:56 am
Location: TN

Postby kupo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:19 am

dang I'd make this piece of crap a yearly tradition to watch in the house
a signature
User avatar
kupo
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7811
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Hicksville, New York, USA

Postby pitnyelder » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:45 am

I watched the entire thing about 8-10 years ago.

I'm not ready to go through that again. No way.
Bolt Vanderhuge! Thick McRunfast! Blast Hardcheese! Crud Bonemeal! Gristle McThornbody! Big McLargehuge!
User avatar
pitnyelder
Stops Your Craving For Cigarettes
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Swansea on the ILL-SIDE

Postby Nik » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:41 am

kupo wrote:dang I'd make this piece of crap a yearly tradition to watch in the house


We need to have such a Christmas party, dammit! I might have a job in the area next year, I smell a crazy idea brewing.
Image
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.
User avatar
Nik
Moderator
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am
Location: Southwestern Connecticut

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:54 pm

Null wrote:Remember, one of the things he did in the "Special" edition of Return of the Jedi was to add more songs.


Yeah, you know, because it's not Star Wars unless you get the delight of looking down an alien's throat while he screams "GOO NEE TAY" at you, followed by a chorus of aliens singing a song that I would not have listened to had it been in English.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
User avatar
Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: 34° 13' 41.72", -85° 9' 46.92"

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Wretched. I'm glad that was only five minutes.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

Postby kupo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Nik wrote:
kupo wrote:dang I'd make this piece of crap a yearly tradition to watch in the house


We need to have such a Christmas party, dammit! I might have a job in the area next year, I smell a crazy idea brewing.



omg YES!!!!!!
a signature
User avatar
kupo
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7811
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Hicksville, New York, USA

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:44 pm

is it me, or is mark hamill wearing WAY too much makeup? is he trying to look like dorothy hammil? o_O
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4305
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 pm

It was the 70s everyone was wearing too much makeup. Just look at David Bowie.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:55 pm

yes, but david bowie had that whole gender ambiguity image going on, so it's ok for him
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4305
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Postby Dusk » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 am

Remember, Mark had just been in a horrible [strikethrough]Wampa attack[/strikethrough] car accident and was probably feeling a little self conscious.
User avatar
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:05 am

Postby Skimba » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:31 am

I'm glad to have had a hand in bringing you this holiday classic tale of terror.
Image
User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7352
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Nyperold » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:03 pm

Image
User avatar
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3351
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Florida


Return to The Internets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest