Uh. . . do I want to see this or not?

What? You like other sites besides Spamusement? Unacceptable!

Uh. . . do I want to see this or not?

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:29 am

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1320122413

It looks like they pretty much do everything that can ever make a person cringe. Excessively. But at the same time, the "Dudeâ„¢" in me wants to see it.

Oh, and NSFW.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby SemiNomad » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:55 am

Well if the special effects were done realistically, I could see cringing, but everything in that trailer was so over the top and stylized, it's more laugh-inducing than anything.

Go with your dude instincts.
SemiNomad
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:47 am

It really did look cheesy. I just have a few weird disturb buttons with excessive gore. The hug with the drill bra only got to me only after I thought about the aftermath of a girl's boobs being mutilated. That makes me sound like some sort of sympathetic pervert, but I have a harder time seeing women mutilated than guys. Where most guys can't watch testicle destruction, I can see that without a flinch before I can even hear about someone hurting a woman in a similar fashion. Or any fashion, really. I also can't stand the sight of intestine. That, to me, is on par with James's eye phobias. Granted, there were none in that clip, but come on. It's inevitable. Yeah, they'll look like what they are: Papier-mache tubes and ketchup, but nevertheless, the illusion disturbs me.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby SemiNomad » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:02 am

Well, if it was the idea or fact of hurting a woman in reality, I'm the same way, though my reaction is more engaging latent protective instinct. I guess I'm just more hardened/desensitized to it in a fictional context, though not completely. And If the victim character is sympathetic and the violence realistic, I will sort of feel the same way, but probably to a lesser extent. But crazy violence like that is usually more cathartic to me than it is unsettling. To be honest, and think of me what you will, but I get sort of a sadistic jolt when a bunch of civilians get wiped out in a fictional action movie, and the more stylized the better. I stress the word fictional, of course. I'm not a monster, but I do have sociopathic thought tendencies, like everyone has to one degree or another, that need to be vented. Some people vent by telling other people that they disagree with on internet forums to go die of cancer or whatever, some play GTA, some like violent movies. I think I'm rambling at this point. I guess I agree in principle but not in practice? Something like that.
SemiNomad
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Chrono Crow » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:06 am

Yeah. I guess it probably won't bother me much. It's about on par with Kill Bill, and that mess was laughably gruesome. Of course, "laughably" gives it more credit than I desire to. Blegh. Most of what disturbs me is what goes on in my own head. Hell, the drill bra scene will likely look just as hokey as the rest of that. But once my mind focuses on something disturbing, I tend to dwell on it. I'm a bit screwed up in the head, you see.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Jemry » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 am

Man, this movie is gonna be hillarious. Apart from the gore, the whole trailer seemed overly camp.

YAKUZA.

NINJAS.

FLYING GUILLOTINE.

DRILL BREASTS.

AND STAYING FABULOUS!
http://www.myspace.com/jemry C WHUT I DID THAR. I'M SO DECEPTIVE.

Chrono Crow wrote:I love Jemry.

Jemry
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby EvilJekyll » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:16 am

It looks like one of those films that's in the "are you serious" category, and you'd probably go to see because of the laugh factor more than anything else.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby IanC » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:29 pm

Jemry wrote:YAKUZA.

NINJAS.

Not just yakuza or ninjas - A ninja yakuza family! :lol:

What a crazy looking film.

Oh talking of crazy - theres this Korean film called "Teenage Hooker Became A Killing Machine". Apparently its coming out just after Christmas on DVD over here. Im tempted to get it just because of the title.
IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: Uh. . . do I want to see this or not?

Postby catastrophile » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 am

Chrono Crow wrote:It looks like they pretty much do everything that can ever make a person cringe. Excessively. But at the same time, the "Dudeâ„¢" in me wants to see it.

Are those supposed to be contradictory?
[/bastard]
catastrophile
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Chrono Crow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 am

-_-
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Skimba » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 am

I totally want to see it.
For all the reasons stated above, and more.
And less, because mutilations/gore/blood/intestines/tempura/carnage/voilence are some of my favorite things.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Return to The Internets