I just watched all the STAR WARS movies in Episode order

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Cry-Your-Pardon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

I just watched all the STAR WARS movies in Episode order

Postby Cry-Your-Pardon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:42 am

I mentioned elsewhere that I was really sick this weekend and decided to take advantage Cinemax’sweekend of Star Wars. So I told my dvr to record them in episode order an spent my unupchuck time watching them one after the other. The most interesting thing is that they changed the original ending of the original Star Wars Return of the Jedi to have Hayden Christensen standing next to Yoda and Obi Wan. He got his youth back I guess. Anyhow, I’m finally on the mend and it was great fun watching them that way. Sort of like a lost weekend.

Any thoughts on the work as a whole

Edited because they changed the link
Last edited by Cry-Your-Pardon on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Official Mom of Spamusement

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Re: I just watched all the STAR WARS movies in Episode order

Postby Dusk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:47 am

Cry-Your-Pardon wrote:changed the original ending of the original Star Wars Return of the Jedi to have Hayden Christensen standing next to Yoda and Obi Wan.

THEY DID WHAT!?
That's outrageous.. I wasn't aware they'd done that.
Hmm.. All I really have to say about the prequels is that they suffered from a severe lack of charisma (ie Han Solo, Leia.. even Chewbacca had attitude).
I don't understand why Mr. Neckbeardofalltime made every character so wooden and two dimensional.
Oh well.
Hope you feel better CYP. :D

MagicFlyinLemur
Makes LOLCATS

Postby MagicFlyinLemur » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:48 am

Cry-Your-Pardon wrote:I mentioned elsewhere that I was really sick this weekend and decided to take advantage of Cinemax’sweekend of Star Wars. So I told my dvr to record them in episode order an spent my unupchuck time watching them one after the other. The most interesting thing is that they changed the original ending of the original Star Wars Return of the Jedi to have Hayden Christensen standing next to Yoda and Obi Wan. He got his youth back I guess. Anyhow, I’m finally on the mend and it was great fun watching them that way. Sort of like a lost weekend.

Any thoughts on the work as a whole

If by "most interesting" you mean "most rage-inducing, masturbatory 'fuck-you' to old fans possible". I bought the DVDs that contain the completely unedited originals; I was going to buy the "Originals" as soon as they came to DVD, but thank GOD I rented them first. George Lucas needs to pull his head out of his rapidly-expanding ass, seriously.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Lucas looks like "Vila the Hutt" at this point? (I don't know if you fur'ners get the Vila reference, so, here)

Watching the series in "order" is amusing, though, because if you've suffered through the ungodly prequels, even an edited "A New Hope" is an amazing piece of cinimatic genius by comparison.

Personally, I just think George Lucas is a talantless hack who had ONE good idea, period. He's a god-awful writer; and it's no coincidence that The Empire Strikes Back is widely held as the best of the original 3, because he didn't write the durned thing. He wrote the basic story, and then other, better writers concieved a script.

I think George Lucas should at least go on a major network, say "I'm sorry for the prequels and horrible edits to the originals", and let a big burly guy punch him really hard in the gut. I think I could forgive him if he takes a few kidney punches for it. Especially if he lets me punch him.

Oh, and you simply MUST watch Episode I while listening to the RiffTrax. Basically, It's Mystery Science Theater 3000 reborn. HI-goddamn-larious.

Kevin Murphy impersonating Watto: "I can do-a Jew, uh, a Mexican... Oh, I know, hows-about a nice-a Arab!"

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:29 am

You're sick? :(

Triscuit's got a cold. :(

Haydensen Christdensensenden is in Return of the Jedi now? :(
--Saltine

Nik

Postby Nik » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:46 am

There is a reason I nearly threw things at the television while watching the adultered trilogy.
Veepa wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:Nik = least threatening person on this board :D

Dude, she's like 8 feet tall.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Hneh. Hneh. Star Wars on Cinemax. Alriiiiight.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

Cry-Your-Pardon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Cry-Your-Pardon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:51 pm

Saltine wrote:You're sick? :(

Yes, a nasty stomach thing, but I'm finally on the mend. Because of my other problems these infections really get me down and I basically stay in my recliner and just try to take my mind off of it, watch tv or sleep.

Saltine wrote:Triscuit's got a cold. :(

Poor little baby. Paul says nibblit has a cold. I miss my babies, but I put myself under quarrantine and haven't seen Nibblit in almost 4 days. :(

Saltine wrote:Haydensen Christdensensenden is in Return of the Jedi now? :(

Yes it was a little disconcerting because I remember the originals. I think Lucas edited some of the special effects so you would associate them more with the prequils. They also put in the scenes they had originally shot with Solo and Jabba the hut in the orginal Star Wars movie.

I can't get too upset because I was never a real Star Wars fanatic. When they came out I was raising my kids, 1977, 1980 and 1983. My main focus was a nice evening at the movies. Dad and I always liked the genre, and were fans of the original Star Trek and most of the Star Treks to follow, so this was a no brainer. We loved the Star Wars franchise and saw each one and really didn't love the prequels.. most annoying character, Jar Jar freaking Binks. So we’ve gone see the prequels and just took it for what it was.. The lead in to the original and best movies. And watching it from the DVR allowed me to fast foward all the scenes I didn’t want to see. But I did really enjoy the ah ha moment of the birth of Darth Vader when I saw it at the movies. His relationship with Obi Wan in the original movie was much more understandable with the prequels out of the way. Anyhow, I was glad to be amused this weekend.
The Official Mom of Spamusement

MagicFlyinLemur
Makes LOLCATS

Postby MagicFlyinLemur » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:44 pm

Cry-Your-Pardon wrote: But I did really enjoy the ah ha moment of the birth of Darth Vader when I saw it at the movies. His relationship with Obi Wan in the original movie was much more understandable with the prequels out of the way. Anyhow, I was glad to be amused this weekend.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I seriously want to assault Lucas just for that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
That was absolutely HORRIBLE.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm

Didn't Lucas also edit Bobba Fett's voice in the original trilogy to have the Australian accent he has in the prequels?
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

MagicFlyinLemur
Makes LOLCATS

Postby MagicFlyinLemur » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:Didn't Lucas also edit Boba Fett's voice in the original trilogy to have the Australian accent he has in the prequels?

New Zealander, but yeah, he edited it so that it matched that guy who played Jango's voice.

Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Devilot » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Waitwaitwait. Boba Fett had _lines_? I need to watch that series again. x.x;
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

MagicFlyinLemur
Makes LOLCATS

Postby MagicFlyinLemur » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 pm

Devilot wrote:Waitwaitwait. Boba Fett had _lines_? I need to watch that series again. x.x;

Very few, but, yes, he did have lines. And they dubbed them for the shi tty "remastered" ones.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 pm

Devilot wrote:Waitwaitwait. Boba Fett had _lines_? I need to watch that series again. x.x;
When Vader was testing the carbonite freezing on Solo, Fett said something like "he's not worth anything to me dead"... I can't remember other examples but they are there
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:29 pm

I believe they were:
"As you wish."

and

"YEEEEEAAAAAAAUUUUUURRRRRGGGGHHHHH"

vyira
Spam King

Postby vyira » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:12 am

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

vyira
Spam King

Postby vyira » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:52 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Return to “None of the Above”