A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Null wrote:As you can probably tell, I haven't gotten any really inspiring lines in several months. That hasn't stopped me submitting, admittedly, but I'm in something of a dry patch.

Yeah, I've had much the same problem. Most of how I've been dealing with it is trying to find lines from way in the past, though of course many of those were already done back then. :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Null » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:Turns out I'm subconsciously leeching your ideas, then. Apologies.

No apologies needed here. For one thing, I've done the same many times. For another, all ideas here are good ideas. In fact, I task you to draw some new spamusement uh spamuser cartoons. Um, things that are drawings. Whip it on me Jim, Whip it on me Jim, Whip it on me Jim, Whip it on me Jim, and other references that I am going to bet only Skimba and I get.

I may do some new cartoons.

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 pm

New cartoons, eh? I suppose I could, actually. I'll have a look through the submission forum and see if I feel inspired.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:05 pm

INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE INSPIRE

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:37 am

This is going to be a fun day. I get to call the surgical center and demand my $818.49 back that they over-charged me so I can pay the anesthesiologist and pathology lab the $500 I owe them, but no longer have in my HSA account. Wheeeeee!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:19 pm

So here I am trying to get a job. Today I went out to lunch with some friends, and forgot my phone. To nobody's surprise, I came home to a missed call from an unknown number, which means a potential employer has tried to call and failed. These people have all sorts of opportunities to call, so why do they carefully select only times when I am at work or do not have my phone on me? I've been without it for about three hours total, in the two months I've been unemployed. I get bombarded with offers when I can't respond, and ignored for the 99% of the time that I can. I am annoyed by this.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 pm

I think I broke my big toe. :( It might just be sprained. Either way, I'm having a party at my house tomorrow and this sucks. It's too late to cancel, but I'd like to be able to walk.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm

When hop is all you have left, you just have to keep hopping.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Ouch. I don't know about big toes, but I do know that for all the other toes you just need to tape them really well to the toe next to it and wait a few weeks. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your party anyway.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:01 pm

ntw3001 wrote:When hop is all you have left, you just have to keep hopping.

Yup, I still less than 3 the enty.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm

I've taken some tylenol and have been using ice substitutes (I don't own an ice tray, but putting bags of water and wet washcloths in the freezer is doing the trick) on the toe while keeping it elevated. If nothing improves I'll tape it tomorrow and decide whether or not I can make it to my one class and work and the store.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

Snow snow snow snow
Snow snow snow snow
Lovely SNOW
Wonderful SNOW!!!!

Working from home is great for a day or two but this is now day four. Here's what the street around the corner from my house looked like yesterday.
Oh yes that was as slick as it looks.

Guess what happened last night? On top of the ice that's kept me cooped up in my neighborhood all week there's now a nice layer of oh about four inches of snow.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 am

I don't like to think of Dallas with ice & snow, it's unnatural.
We also rec'd more snow yesterday, topping off the CO icy streets. The highway route I usually take to work had 2 accidents southbound, and 3 northbound, so I took side streets, which really weren't that bad, unlike the highway apparently.

Anyway - Good luck Ponder, stay warm and falling down free!

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 am

Skimba wrote:I don't like to think of Dallas with ice & snow, it's unnatural.

It is unnatural!

Here is a better version of that last picture:

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Heeheehee.

Just looked outside. It's rickin'-frackin' snowing again. Not much, but that's how yesterday started.

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 pm

I wonder if El Paso ever got down to 7 F (-13.89 C) as predicted. I saw it was 14 (-10 C) at one point last night.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:37 am

Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Hahahaha...that's fantastic loofs!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:59 am

Lol Loofs
Snow in Dallas? Yugh. Bad. Is it still all there Ponderpants?

Snow sucks. SICK OF SNOW.
Clicky for a few pics of snow around here :)
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:05 am

The snowinations appear to be over at least for the next week or so. We got one last rain-sleet-ice-snow cycle yesterday but it cleared out and today the sky is clear and the sun is out. As Mister Sun does his job I'd imagine the last of the snow will melt sometime tomorrow. We may even hit 70F (21C) on Sunday!

This being Dallas, that may well be the last winter weather we see this season or we could get pounded again. No way to tell, really.

ANYWAYS nice snow pictures! There's no pictures like snow pictures. Go take some more! (push push push)

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:20 pm

I have to figure out what the hell I did with my camera first.
There's a HUGE pile in the parking lot where I work. Looks like it won't melt until May, which is highly probable as CO can get snow into April.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 pm

PonderThis wrote:This being Dallas, that may well be the last winter weather we see this decade

FTFY
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 pm

sum yun gai wrote:
PonderThis wrote:This being Dallas, that may well be the last winter weather we see this decade

FTFY

Bwa haha ha ha hahahaha!!! If only!

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:31 am

wind and rain don't count :P
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:51 am

And what do you know about winter, California boy?

Yeah this ain't Wisconsin, but I think we can all agree snow and ice qualify as winter weather. And we typically get one good bit of it each winter. While sometimes yes we get none at all sometimes we get three or four batches of it. Just look back at last year we got that big snow in February and then again in March.

So I repeat what I said. If we're lucky, this is the last winter weather we'll see this season. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something in March and/or later this year in December.

Return to “None of the Above”