A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 am

Yup, it changed to another new picture today!
REPOSTED HERE SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY A DAILY PICTURE IN THE THREAD OF MISERY!!!

In other news, apparently, it is spring?
Sure, right, whatever you say!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 am

We are having unseasonably warm, nice weather this week. I'm scared.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Were you driving into oncoming traffic when you took that picture, Bink?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 pm

I wonder if the hard drive on my work computer is dying ... :x

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope not, Ponder. :?

This is just a little whine that I really don't have any right to complain about, but my professor in the one class I went to today asked everyone if they were going anywhere fun for spring break. Someone said Cancun, someone else is going to Paris and Venice (my professor said it's a good time of the year for it), and another person is going to England where she'll see "the Tower of London for like the 10th time." I don't care if people have the money to travel, good for them, but it annoys me that all my teachers seem to think everyone at this school is wealthy. They always talk as though everyone's from a wealthy suburb of Chicago and go on about the good high schools we all went to. I know that's true for most of the students, but come on.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Ah well, don't sweat it, jvcc. I was poor as a DAWG when I was a student, too. The farthest I ever went on spring break was maybe a day trip and even then only if someone (a) had a car and (b) felt like driving.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Pretty much the same here. I have friends who work tip jobs (nothing wrong with that, blah blah, etc.) that take [to me] extravagant trips all the time. I'm full-time, salaried, been at my job 9 years and can't afford to take a trip outside the continental United States. Most of my trips that I take now are for work.

Edited for random 'unless' that made my point weird and confusing.
Last edited by Skimba on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 pm

yeah, the farthest i ever went for spring break was a drive down to nuevo laredo one day. yes, drove down to mexico and back in one single day.

now that i have monies i am actually going to paris for spring break this year to see the eiffel tower for like the 1th time in my life. :mrgreen:
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Other than a trip to Mexico for my honeymoon I haven't been anywhere since highschool, at which point I had saved up enough money for a plane ticket to Holland and was dating a girl who lived there temporarily. Went there twice, and have been to a few places in the states with my family. I will be going to Cape Cod in August and it will be our first trip since the honeymoon. We can only afford to go because we are joining my parents who are paying for the condo anyway and have invited us down this year :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 am

Got this weird rash-like thing under both my eyes. It kinda both looks and feels I got sunburn there, but no such thing could have happened. The prevailing theories are either an infection of some kind, or just the hot towel I was putting on my face to remedy the zits I was getting there actually inducing more irritation.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

I hope it gets better soon. I would not want anything rash-like anywhere near my eyes.

quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

We can now update that to a rash and a really bad cold. Hooray.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am

Mom's in surgery this morning getting a new shoulder. I came down last night and now dad and I are here in the waiting room. Wait wait wait. Well at least they have wifi.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 pm

I hope everything works out. Good luck and a speedy recovery Ponder's Mom!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:23 pm

How long of a surgery is it? All the best to your mom!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Belated GOOD LUCK!

How'd it go?
--Saltine

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:56 am

So, I didn't get into any of the grad schools I applied to. This shouldn't be a terrible blow, because I've lined up an alternative: I'll do Teach for America for two years, earn an incredibly good income for one person, apply again at the end of two years, and if I still don't get in I'll have my teaching certification. I'm also two ahead in school, so by the time I apply again I'll be as old as most people do when they apply for the first time. But...I really want to continue with school and teach at a college level some day. And I know my applications could have been better. I've just let myself down.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 am

That's really too bad. Are there other schools you could apply to from which you can then transfer to a desired school or something? Your backup plan sounds pretty decent as well, nothing wrong with getting experience with different angles of your desired job.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 am

Saltine wrote:Belated GOOD LUCK!

How'd it go?

Quite well, thanks! She did end up with a minor bone fracture so that means additional time to heal but otherwise is doing great. Back in December when she fell and broke her (other) arm she looked like she was doing much worse than she has at any time after this surgery, so it's all looking good. Whew!!

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

Dang, jvcc, I'm so sorry! I'm sending internet hugz your way: {{jvcc}}

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:32 am

Aww jvcc, that's pretty bad. At least there's a backup plan which sounds like not-particularly-a-problem.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:34 pm

JVCC: Your back up plan sounds good to me. Of course I'm not familiar with how things move in your career path, but, if you're already ahead, I see nothing wrong with trying again later with the added value of experience.

I've found that experience is often times more desirable for an employer.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Well, didn't get accepted into the backup plan either. Apparently a 3.9 GPA from the top public university in my state and loads of experience in childcare and tutoring is just not good enough. Time to start applying for other jobs.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:08 pm

People are afraid of younger applicants in our profession. It's really too bad. What about the route I suggested of applying to other grad schools and looking for a transfer?

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 am

Ah, that ain't too good. My good buddy Hugo has just had his med school applications rejected, but his plan B is still awaiting action.

It is perhaps best not to be too young when you become a teacher anyway. I learned after sixth form that a girl in my English class had hooked up with the (24 year-old, not actually teaching yet at that time) teacher during the summer and it was a little awkward due to laws. They moved in together once she was out of school (they are no longer together). So, uh, don't do that. I mean, I guess it worked out okay, but still. Aren't you looking to teach primary school kids anyway? That's disgusting.

Return to “None of the Above”