A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:47 am

Well none of these are quite the same as the Finding Nemo character but some come close ...

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

I didn't like Finding Nemo. I can't remember why, I just didn't. It seems to have been terribly popular in the US, but over here as far as I can gather it was not found to be outstanding amongst Pixar films. Moderately popular. An okay film. Not as good as Monsters Inc.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 pm

I love Monsters Inc.; it's probably my favorite Pixar film. I think that I liked Finding Nemo the first time I saw it, but that was around the time that I was involved in both attending a youth group and working in childcare, so those two factors, coupled with my friends wanting to watch it every so often, meant that I had to see it a million times.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:37 pm

PonderThis wrote:Well none of these are quite the same as the Finding Nemo character but some come close ...

Can I have one in Blue? Oh - dark blue, sorry. You're still cute though.

Enty wrote:I didn't like Finding Nemo. I can't remember why, I just didn't. It seems to have been terribly popular in the US, but over here as far as I can gather it was not found to be outstanding amongst Pixar films. Moderately popular. An okay film.

Probably because part of the film took place at a dentist office and dentist's aquarium. [/cultural stereotype]
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

I just don't like teeth I wish there weren't any

I did know a fellow who stopped brushing his teeth forever. He has false teeth now. Also, he stopped paying rent for his house and let my other friend deal with it, then made a secret escape when called out on it and took a bunch of stuff that was not actually technically his. He was never heard from again. Not a well-regarded fellow, for lots of reasons. He was good at maths, though.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 am

ntw3001 wrote:I did know a fellow who stopped brushing his teeth forever. He has false teeth now.

How long did that take?
SIGNATURE: GONE

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

James wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:I did know a fellow who stopped brushing his teeth forever. He has false teeth now.
How long did that take?

1. FOREVER. Pay attention!

2. Are you wondering if you can stop brushing your teeth and make it to old age before they fall out?

3. enty: Has he stopped brushing them forever simply because he has false teeth? Because it seems a bit silly to brush them after they've been removed from your mouth.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:19 pm

loofah wrote:2. Are you wondering if you can stop brushing your teeth and make it to old age before they fall out?

Good god, no. I was just assuming that someone that irresponsible had to be among his peers, and he's younger than me, and I still sometimes feel a bit young (although increasingly like I'm approaching oldness at an alarming rate), so it surprises me that there's actually enough time to lose all your teeth through the simple absence of brushing in that relatively brief time (given that presumably this was a decision made as a teenager or an adult, not in early childhood). Sure, not brushing at all would lead to very bad teeth and generally poor oral hygiene, but I thought actually losing them all would take the best part of a lifetime of wear and tear. I mean, how long did teeth last in the pre-toothpaste age? Was everyone wearing wooden dentures? Or did they all have much more tooth-friendly diets?

There is, of course, the possibility that NTW was just making a funny about a figure in poor standing, and this is not in fact a thing that has actually happened.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 pm

loofah wrote:3. enty: Has he stopped brushing them forever simply because he has false teeth? Because it seems a bit silly to brush them after they've been removed from your mouth.

Well that would probably now be a reason. But it's not the original reason! He stopped because uh well I am not sure. It's not well-documented.

James wrote:
How long did that take?

Well he stopped in year 9 (age 13-14) and I was informed of the false teeth when he was aged around 21-22. Somewhere in between those ages. I doubt he brushed avidly before that age; I expect that age is just pinpointed as the time of total cessation.

James wrote:Sure, not brushing at all would lead to very bad teeth and generally poor oral hygiene, but I thought actually losing them all would take the best part of a lifetime of wear and tear. I mean, how long did teeth last in the pre-toothpaste age? Was everyone wearing wooden dentures? Or did they all have much more tooth-friendly diets?

Well in the olden days they probably didn't have dentists to say 'your teeth are awful, let's just cut our losses and do away with them'. I imagine they were actively removed rather than left to slowly melt away.

But yeah, I imagine diets in the pre-toothpaste era were probably better. The poor eating all these plants and not much meat and not much sugar, you know? And the rich making a special point of eating all those things in abundance, but also having famously horrible teeth.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I don't even know if I mentioned this here, but I recently started a new job and have now quit. It was for a tutoring place. I'm going to proceed to rant about it now; look away now if you don't want to be party to my frustrations.

My (now former) boss had me come in twice before the date we had agreed upon for me to start working so that she could "train" me, which consisted of showing me to the room where the kids are tutored and leaving me there with no instructions. So I ended up just sort of awkwardly staring at/following around another tutor, who also wouldn't talk to me. Somehow by the time I started working I had actually kind of figured out what to do, but she would complain if I didn't do it correctly or quickly enough. Before I started working I had exchanged a string of confusing emails with her in which I had thought that she wanted me to work Wednesdays (as opposed to the schedule we had agreed upon), then I thought she didn't, but then it turned out she did. She told me to come in on Wednesday with no explanation of what she wanted me to do. So I came in and spent four hours pulling worksheets out of cubby holes in an uncomfortably small and hot hallway while another tutor "trained" me on how to sort the worksheets for the children's lessons. When we were finally done and my back was sore from stooping and lifting boxes of worksheets, she loudly announced, "It usually takes two hours. See you tomorrow."

There are more grievances, but I am aching with the memory of them. I sent her an email yesterday saying I quit, and she replied that I "can't" because another tutor quit last week (big surprise), so I've been avoiding her calls today. Oh, such fun.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 pm

ntw3001 wrote:I didn't like Finding Nemo.

I thought I was the only one!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Well, I already knew that you knew where your "Nemo" was.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 am

JVCC, that sounds crappy! I would have quit too. :(
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

James wrote:There is, of course, the possibility that NTW was just making a funny about a figure in poor standing, and this is not in fact a thing that has actually happened.

My friend knows somebody who drank something like 5 cans of Coke every day, without exception. I believe that the story is that he went on to have rather serious problems with his internal organs, but not so much his teeth. I'm not entirely sure that that's all that funny, more just foolish on his part.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 pm

My friend used to drink vinegar until the doctor told him his bones were dissolving. He doesn't do it any more.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 am

I had my nasty ingrown toenail removed today. Not such a big deal, but since it is bandaged, I have trouble getting a shoe all the way on. And I have to take antifungal pills for three months, and they are supposed to be very rough on one's liver, which means...no alcohol all summer. Not that I drink that much or that often anyway, but just knowing you couldn't if you wanted to makes it seem more desirable.

Now, to figure out how to put the plastic bag on my foot so I can keep it dry in the shower. :roll:

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 am

Yowch! I hope your toe heals quickly and dry-ly.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 pm

ntw3001 wrote:My friend used to drink vinegar until the doctor told him his bones were dissolving. He doesn't do it any more.

I suppose it's a good thing I never took that beyond an occasional act of whimsy, then.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:20 am

Binkatron5000 wrote:Yowch! I hope your toe heals quickly and dry-ly.

Thanks! So far, I've managed to keep it dry. I had a follow-up at the doctor's today, and tomorrow I get to start cleaning and bandaging it myself, which means no more taking a shower with a plastic bag on my foot, yay! I also got more prescriptions: an antibiotic and an ointment. I look forward to being able to tolerate putting my shoe all the way on. :)

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:19 pm

(I can't figure out how to delete posts.)
Last edited by jvcc on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 am

We've come to the conclusion that our dog is definitely allergic to chicken, and maybe some other things as well. He loves chicken so much, but then he scratches himself raw and chews on his feet. :( So, back to just kibble, but at least he likes it (it's the one the vet prescribed--worth the money, because he will eat it, LOL). Poor little guy doesn't understand the concept of "for your own good." :(

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 am

Well, sometimes I don't either. :twisted:

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:52 am

Skimba wrote:Well, sometimes I don't either. :twisted:

:)

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:09 pm

I think it's NOT COOL that geoff has had my friend request in Facebook limbo for like a year now. I'm sure it's just because I'm better looking and he doesn't want his gal pals seeing my undeniable awesomeness. Pffft. Quit being so insecure, geoff.

On an unrelated note, I don't like the recent gay marriage "thang" JUST BECAUSE it's boldly taking a word from heterosexual people and making it also a gay word. MY PROPOSITION IS: GAY SEX FOR STRAIGHT COUPLES.

Read the argument, sign the petition, be irrevocably swayed.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

MysticalDescent wrote:My friend knows somebody who drank something like 5 cans of Coke every day, without exception. I believe that the story is that he went on to have rather serious problems with his internal organs, but not so much his teeth. I'm not entirely sure that that's all that funny, more just foolish on his part.

Yes, I knew a guy who did this with Dr Pepper and I suspect he did it to seem a little.. different to others.. more than he did it for the enjoyment. Anyway, his liver is seriously messed up and he is unable to ingest a large proportion of food and drink.
I am finding it very difficult to form sentences. I am so tired. Oh god please help me I'm tired. :|
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

Return to “None of the Above”