A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby jvcc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Gah, my debit card was declined when I tried to order my textbooks and a parking permit for the upcoming school semester. I checked my bank account online and it said that the book order was pending, but I got a credit back for the parking permit so I used my other debit card to buy that. I messaged my bank about it, and they explained that the problem came from them not updating my information after I recently moved. I checked my account online again and both payments are pending, so I may end up paying $85 twice for two parking permits. I'm not sure how to undo this.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm

I would talk to the parking office ahead of time, because once they send out a permit, they may not refund your money.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

Dang, I got banned from another club for the material I was doing. Apparently, the notion of using blood as a sexual lubricant was not cool with the Lebanese guy who owns the place. I bet if it was in the context of devirginizing a thirteen year old bride, he would've given me an Arab fist pump. Goddamn it...
"Not every moment can be awesome."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks, Loofah, I tried and ended up sorting things out. Stupid bank.

lol at Traubster.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:13 pm

True, but sad, but truthenough.?.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Skimba wrote:True, but sad, but truthenough.?.

If you're referring to me, unfortunately, it is true. Second time I've been banned from the club, though. I had to have a few comedian friends talk to him to let me back on stage. I don't think I'm gonna bother this time. fork that place.

I got banned from another club by Kent State University. It was for saying something about letting my dog lick my ejaculate off the floor... Stupid hippie owner claimed it was endorsing animal cruelty. It's not like I make the dog lick it up... Dumb dog goes after it like I've spilled steak-flavored yogurt...

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh Traubster, you get banned for the wackiest things.

Keep on rolling because the haters they don't know uh something maybe they should i dunno

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 am

well, if you're not pissing people off then you're not doing it right? or does comedy work that way? i dunno.... either way, at least people are paying attention right?
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 am

Gah when it's so oppressively hot like this I just don't feel like doing anything.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:21 pm

PonderThis wrote:Gah when it's so oppressively hot like this I just don't feel like doing anything.

I always found it interesting that there's a positive correlation between ice cream sales and murder. Both are directly caused by high temperature. It's too bad no one ever gets pummeled to death with an ice cream cone.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm

traubster wrote:It's too bad no one ever gets pummeled to death with an ice cream cone.

Simultaneous brain trauma and brain freeze!

slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby slydon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:09 pm

traubster wrote:I got banned from another club by Kent State University. It was for saying something about letting my dog lick my ejaculate off the floor..
The MN comedy scene is soo tame. A friend and I talked about doing standup in NYC about 6 or 7 years ago, and I turned him down because I was still in grad school. I thought I might do some standup out here as to not be derivative, but after what I've seen, and looking at my old notes, they'd hang me.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:30 pm

slydon wrote:
traubster wrote:I got banned from another club by Kent State University. It was for saying something about letting my dog lick my ejaculate off the floor..
The MN comedy scene is soo tame. A friend and I talked about doing standup in NYC about 6 or 7 years ago, and I turned him down because I was still in grad school. I thought I might do some standup out here as to not be derivative, but after what I've seen, and looking at my old notes, they'd hang me.

Well, stand-up comedy is show business and show business is hella-political. I saw this completely unfunny woman win a competition because she managed to bring a bunch of friends who laughed at every thing she said and spent a bunch of money at the club. Everyone else was totally like, "WTF?!" The club owners will put anyone on if they promise to bring people, so it's not really about how funny someone is. I'm sure if I was willing to drive up to Cleveland more often, I'd do better. The crowd there is much sharper than the people in Akron. I had one good gig in Columbus and would love to go down there more often, but I can hardly ever find time now that I have a job and a girlfriend.

The internet is definitely going to be key if you do some edgy stuff. I need to make more videos and submit them to sites like Youtube or Funnyordie. There's a lot of competition there for production value, though. It's tough any way you look at it... Unless you have a bunch of Jewish connections...

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 am

traubster wrote:I think it's NOT COOL that geoff has had my friend request in Facebook limbo for like a year now. I'm sure it's just because I'm better looking and he doesn't want his gal pals seeing my undeniable awesomeness. Pffft. Quit being so insecure, geoff.

You found me out!

Also, I have very few friends on facebook as I try to keep it limited to people I know and like. And hot chicks. I think there are a few other spamusers in Facebook limbo.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 am

dang, I forgot how to hide "chat" on Facebook. Some of us old fogies don't like to chat all the time--we just run out of things to say. :P
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 am

Jury duty on Sept. 1. Oh boy! I wish it started several hours later--how the F am I supposed to get somewhere by 7:45 am when I don't even get up until 9? :P

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm bored :[
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:48 pm

My lower-back hurts today, for some reason. I was planning on jogging, too. Grrr.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:08 pm

I avoid the bathrooms at 10 AM and 2:00 PM because they're invaded by a clique of women I cannot stand, even though I don't even know them. They use the bathroom as a kind of beauty parlor: They do not only pee or.. poop, and brush their teeth, they re-arrange their hair, carefully, re-apply all of their make up and chat. I know these women work together, so I don't see why they can't talk outside of the bathroom, and certainly can't stand the whole re-application of makeup. I find this very annoying because I need to use the rickin'-frackin' faucet, dang it! AND I need to dry my hands, move your Ass!

They were there at 9:00 =_=
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Two weeks ago we checked with my mother-in-law to see if she could come over and babysit our 1-year-old while we took the 4-year-old to Pre-K orientation. Yesterday we checked with her, and this morning we checked in again. Two hours before she's supposed to get here, we check with her and she says she's leaving in 5 minutes. 15 minutes later, we get a call that she can't do it as she doesn't have enough gas to make it.

щ(゚Д゚щ) Y U NO LEARN RESPONSIBILITY?

In short, Mrs. Protestor was pretty ticked off the rest of the day as we had to just take both kids with us and so he missed his nap entirely.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:07 am

I was not permitted to register for fall classes until 4 pm today. The two art classes (wasn't sure which one I wanted to take) were already filled and I'm on the waitlist. :roll: The horticulture one is only 8 weeks, but it's the 2nd half of the semester and we might be going out of town for a couple of weeks during that time. I feel really bad for people who are going to college for the first time and trying to actually graduate, especially here in California, because everything has been cut and the cost keeps going up. :(

Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Clueless » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 pm

The summer heat is ruining my brain. I can't even form a coherent dishwasher dispenser.
I mean sentence. coherent sentence.

Also, mosquitos. HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!
quetzalcoatlus wrote:I love how pleased the star is with it's copious armpit hair. That is a sentence I never thought I would find myself typing.

:D :wink:

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 am

Hubby got his picture taken...by one of those red light cameras. :roll:

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:17 am

ooh, that's around $400 now isn't it? or did they finally get it above $425 like they kept threatening they would do?
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 am

According to the news almost no one in California actually pays those things because some state judge ruled you don't have to.

Return to “None of the Above”