A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:51 pm

So, did the user tell you what the fix was or is that part of your angryment?

I am hungry. I usually have lucnh early, but with the time change that would have been too early. So, yeah.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:59 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:Me: * Googles DVD Drive application not found*
User on forum: My DVD Drive is giving me an error of "application not found" when I try to run a disc in it. The computer recognizes the drive and even reinstalls it when I uninstall it and restart the computer.
Me: Yes, this is exactly the problem I'm having!
Tech Support on forum: Have you tried <list of instructions>
User: That didn't work.
Tech Support: Try <more instructions involving registry>
User: That didn't work but I figured out what the problem was and it was something so simple I couldn't believe it. Took me two seconds to fix it.
Me: *fumes*

I come across that sort of thing all the time. What's even worse, though is people barging in to troubleshooting conversations with "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, THIS ISN'T A PROBLEM FOR ME", as though that somehow concludes things to everyone's satisfaction.
SIGNATURE: GONE

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:48 am

fanelian wrote:So, did the user tell you what the fix was or is that part of your angryment?

They didn't say how they fixed it, and moreover stated that it was easy and/or obvious.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:37 pm

obviously, they bought a DVD drive that worked, duh! :P
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 pm

That's pretty much the fix I did. I took a DVD Drive out of an old computer and moved it over to my wife's and she can now run them again. I had to get some different cables from the old computer as new computers evidently don't use that wide gray ribbon-style cable to connect drives to the motherboard anymore and her computer has this compact plug instead. Fortunately her motherboard had a plug for the ribbon though. Maybe some more tech-savvy people can enlighten me.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:09 pm

There is a goddamned WHISTLER here at the office. The guy Whistles non-stop, I hate him. It drives me crazy. :evil:
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm

At the place I used to work there was a guy who would burst out into loud song. You'd be trying to concentrate on spreadsheet formulas while "YOU PAINTED UP YOUR LIPS AND ROLLED AND CURLED YOUR TINTED HAIR. RUBY ARE YOU CONTEMPLATING GOING OUT SOMEWHERE. THE SHADOW ON THE WALL TELLS ME THE SUN IS GOING DOWN. OH RUUUUUUUUUUBEEEEEEEEE, DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE TO TOWN. YEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOO" is hollered full-pitch across the office. The guy thought he had this amazing singing voice, is why he did it.

Android Replica
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Android Replica » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Zombie Protestor wrote:That's pretty much the fix I did. I took a DVD Drive out of an old computer and moved it over to my wife's and she can now run them again. I had to get some different cables from the old computer as new computers evidently don't use that wide gray ribbon-style cable to connect drives to the motherboard anymore and her computer has this compact plug instead. Fortunately her motherboard had a plug for the ribbon though. Maybe some more tech-savvy people can enlighten me.

The wide gray ribbon is the old IDE standard interface, while I'm guessing the compact plug is the newer SATA interface.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm

My boob won't stop itching, and I'm at work.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 am

If anyone looks, just wink at them.
Or make monkey noises.

:wink:
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:08 am

Dusk wrote:If anyone looks, just wink at them.
Or make monkey noises.

:wink:

I can see it now.

Coworker looks over at Skimba in mid scratch. Quizzically he asks, "Skimba, are you--"

"ME SKIMBA," comes the shouted reply, "ME MONKEY GIRL!!! OOOH OOH OOH AH AH AH AH!!" And then she winks.

:D

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:35 pm

That's almost exactly what happened!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:At the place I used to work there was a guy who would burst out into loud song. You'd be trying to concentrate on spreadsheet formulas while "YOU PAINTED UP YOUR LIPS AND ROLLED AND CURLED YOUR TINTED HAIR. RUBY ARE YOU CONTEMPLATING GOING OUT SOMEWHERE. THE SHADOW ON THE WALL TELLS ME THE SUN IS GOING DOWN. OH RUUUUUUUUUUBEEEEEEEEE, DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE TO TOWN. YEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOO" is hollered full-pitch across the office. The guy thought he had this amazing singing voice, is why he did it.

I used to sing along with the radio at my old job, until the day my boss said "are you going to sing all day?" That really took the wind out of my sails (even though I don't have the greatest singing voice).

One of my coworkers told me I should have asked the boss "are you going to be bitchy all day." :lol:
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 am

Just once, I would like to be able to eat a tin of smoked oysters without getting any of the oil on my clothing. :(

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Ugh Ihave hadmy hours cut back to part-time, for minimum wage. I've complared the incoming money to the outgoing, and I need a job if I'm going to do anything besides travel to work, work and eat. Like, after those expenditures I'll be making about $30 a week or so. So I shall have to either find another part-time job and juggle the two, or find a single, full-time job. That's a shame, because I actually like it where I am and wouldn't have minded staying.

fork poverty. When I get back I'm going to study Law like everybody else.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:54 pm

There are only 6 stalls for women to use in this whole building. today one of the bathrooms is closed so that makes it only 4. And Today this woman chose to go take a nap (Presumably) in one :x

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 am

fanelian wrote:There are only 6 stalls for women to use in this whole building. today one of the bathrooms is closed so that makes it only 4. And Today this woman chose to go take a nap (Presumably) in one :x

I'd be tempted to bang on the stall door and ask "is everything coming out all right?" :) But that's just me.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 am

badplantmommy wrote:
fanelian wrote:There are only 6 stalls for women to use in this whole building. today one of the bathrooms is closed so that makes it only 4. And Today this woman chose to go take a nap (Presumably) in one :x

I'd be tempted to bang on the stall door and ask "is everything coming out all right?" :) But that's just me.

Or crumple up a big wad of paper towels, soak them in the sink, toss the soaking wad into the stall, and run!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:

Or crumple up a big wad of paper towels, soak them in the sink, toss the soaking wad into the stall, and run!

My mom's solution is to say, "hey, do you need scizzors in there?"
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:My mom's solution is to say, "hey, do you need scizzors in there?"

And then she...stabs them with scissors? I don't think I understand her methods.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:22 pm

jvcc wrote:
Binkatron5000 wrote:My mom's solution is to say, "hey, do you need scizzors in there?"

And then she...stabs them with scissors? I don't think I understand her methods.

Hahahaha not quite. It's to cut the poop log. From your butt. Because it's hanging from your butt and that's why it's taking you so long to finish pooping.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Ohhhh. See, if I were the one taking forever in the bathroom and your mom said that to me, my sheer confusion would prolong my time in there by at least a minute.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Man, I hate cold weather :x I know it's not nearly as cold as all of you guys in the North get, but this cold I feel through my bones. No amount of clothing makes me warm, I just feel tired of having to sleep under so many blankets and all the extra clothes during the day are a hassle. And I wake up every morning with a sore throat from breathing freaking cold, dry air all night.

:x :x :x

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:Hahahaha not quite. It's to cut the poop log. From your butt. Because it's hanging from your butt and that's why it's taking you so long to finish pooping.

I just... wanted to quote this.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Dusk wrote:
Binkatron5000 wrote:Hahahaha not quite. It's to cut the poop log. From your butt. Because it's hanging from your butt and that's why it's taking you so long to finish pooping.

I just... wanted to quote this.

I didn't want to see it again. It makes me think of endless bum-anacondas, slithering and slithering until you have to open the door just to give it somewhere else to go.

Return to “None of the Above”