A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 14912
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby James » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 pm

This looks interesting, but the bastards aren't doing Swedish.

Also, almost all web comics are terrible.
SIGNATURE: GONE

User avatar
IanC
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: Essex, England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby IanC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:52 pm

rickin'-frackin' useless cunting David Cameron.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

Image

User avatar
MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 3:24 pm
Location: Stoke, England

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

IanC wrote:rickin'-frackin' useless cunting David Cameron.


What's new?
Image

User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:04 pm

It's pouring! :x This city is not made to endure light showers let alone heavy, constant rain like this. The streets are a mess. I want to go home and stay there until all dries up.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

User avatar
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: The OC, CA

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby badplantmommy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:09 am

A local landmark burned (it's still standing, but probably too far gone to fix). It was a cute little wooden building that was built in the 1880's (which is old for this area), used to be a doctor's office, was a clothing boutique when I was in high school and at the time of the fire, it was an antique store and the owner also had a little nursery outside where she sold plants and fairy gardens. I'm sad; I loved buying plants from her.

I noticed an empty store where my favorite frozen yogurt shop was.

Trader Joe's stopped selling eccinacea.

I go back and forth between a weak Christmas spirit and the holiday blues. Bah humbug!
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:14 am

I had a really bad "date" the other day. I asked a teller at a bank I go to for work if she'd like to get a drink with me. So it wasn't really a date, more of an "I'm interested in you let's get to know eachother better". I typed a lot more but deleted it to make this story short. She spent an annoying amount of the time talking to a couple of guys who sat next to us at the bar (she knew them already). She also didn't ask me anything. I was asking her all sorts of questions, trying to make conversation, but she didn't seem to care about knowing about me. I don't know if she was super awkward or super snobby. It was really a weird time.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Why people be such idiots? :x

I am incredibly awkward, and I feel uncomfortable meeting new people. I tend not to question them because.. I don't want to be nosy and I suck at small talk, so I try to be funny instead. I try.

I was going to complain about a guy... but then I remembered this forum can be read by anyone and I'm paranoid. So just let's said I'm incredibly frustrated, I feel old, ronrey and hopless.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

User avatar
jvcc
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: USA

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby jvcc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 pm

I've surprisingly good on actual dates, but only in making the guy or girl laugh. It's the asking the person out that I dread. I can't for the life of me tell when a person is or isn't interested in me. Once I've confirmed his or her interest I feel uncharacteristically confident and rhetorically able. The same does not always go for the other person, though; I've been on some horrible dates, though. The majority of which were with people I met on an online dating site (at the insistence of a friend who claims that he's met a lot of people he's liked on such sites), on which I subsequently deleted my account. One guy said, "You're very three dimensional" upon first seeing me, as opposed to the picture I'd posted online, I guess.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
Posts: 6582
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:54 pm

I just assume disinterest because there is a strong historical precedent for it. I guess I should try harder.

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby giantsfan97 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 am

fanelian wrote:I was going to complain about a guy... but then I remembered this forum can be read by anyone and I'm paranoid. So just let's said I'm incredibly frustrated, I feel old, ronrey and hopless.

I'm sure you have many hops left in the tank!

ntw3001 wrote:I just assume disinterest because there is a strong historical precedent for it. I guess I should try harder.

I have the same problem.

I met up with a girl tonight who I went to high school with; she lives in Boston but occasionally comes back here for holidays and whatnot. We have a sortof unspoken agreement that when she does, we are going to meet up and fool around. So tonight we meet up and like an hour into us flirting at the bar she mentions her BOYFRIEND. Nothing more needs to be said.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:20 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:I met up with a girl tonight who I went to high school with; she lives in Boston but occasionally comes back here for holidays and whatnot. We have a sortof unspoken agreement that when she does, we are going to meet up and fool around. So tonight we meet up and like an hour into us flirting at the bar she mentions her BOYFRIEND. Nothing more needs to be said.


well, either she wants you to go away without saying so herself, or she wants you to invite her boyfriend along. either way, probably not a good idea to hang around....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:10 pm

sum yun gai wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:I met up with a girl tonight who I went to high school with; she lives in Boston but occasionally comes back here for holidays and whatnot. We have a sortof unspoken agreement that when she does, we are going to meet up and fool around. So tonight we meet up and like an hour into us flirting at the bar she mentions her BOYFRIEND. Nothing more needs to be said.


well, either she wants you to go away without saying so herself, or she wants you to invite her boyfriend along. either way, probably not a good idea to hang around....


Oh it was clearly her just saying that we weren't going to be hooking up without coming out and saying it. I just wish she had mentioned it sooner.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:16 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
fanelian wrote:I was going to complain about a guy... but then I remembered this forum can be read by anyone and I'm paranoid. So just let's said I'm incredibly frustrated, I feel old, ronrey and hopless.

I'm sure you have many hops left in the tank!


But I'm ooold now, I can quite hop around like I used to! :)
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
Posts: 5595
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:12 pm

fanelian wrote: hopless.

But hops give FLAVOUR!
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby giantsfan97 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 am

fanelian wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:
fanelian wrote:I was going to complain about a guy... but then I remembered this forum can be read by anyone and I'm paranoid. So just let's said I'm incredibly frustrated, I feel old, ronrey and hopless.

I'm sure you have many hops left in the tank!


But I'm ooold now, I can quite hop around like I used to! :)

Oh I bet when you find the right person you will be hopping like young rabbits again.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Posts: 7547
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby Skimba » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:40 am

I woke up with a sore throat. I thought it must just be drainage. I've been up for over an hour now. It's not just drainage. :(
Image
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Skimba wrote:I woke up with a sore throat. I thought it must just be drainage. I've been up for over an hour now. It's not just drainage. :(

Is there any leakage?
It might be throat rust. Get Catass to investigate and repair as needed.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

User avatar
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: The OC, CA

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:24 am

I was going to make an eggnog white russian, to use up the eggnog, but I absentmindedly poured almond milk in with my kahlua and vodka. :roll:
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:33 am

badplantmommy wrote:I was going to make an eggnog white russian, to use up the eggnog, but I absentmindedly poured almond milk in with my kahlua and vodka. :roll:

Hey, as long as it has Kahlua and vodka that's what's important. :mrgreen:

User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
Posts: 6582
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:55 am

Urgh money. I have none. I need to be working, or have a job lined up, by the end of next week or I'll have to shamefacedly call my parents and have them send me money to bring my flight home forward. If it gets to February 16th and I'm still here, I won't be able to pay rent. Not that it will matter, because I'll have run out of food several weeks prior to that date. And when I do get home, I'll have the pleasure of about one-tenth the job opportunities (While Craigslist on Toronto gets 50-100 jobs advertised a day, East Anglia gets one or two non-porn vacancies a week), coupled with that of living with my recently-retired parents. Plus, you know, the cloying stench of having failed to even survive by myself (and when I say 'by myself' I mean 'with my parents supplying only about 30% of my income').

The story is that I've failed to get another job. It was data entry at a research group. Hey, data entry, that's the exact thing I came here too get away from but I guess I need to eat and my nearly three years' data entry experience in four different jobs ought to make me a decent candidate, right? No. I have literally no clue what would make a person qualified for this. Is data entry now a PhD subject? I did get some pretty searching questions during the phone interview. 'Are you comfortable with typing?' 'Does your data entry experience encompass alphanumeric data?' The second one might have thrown me a little. I wasn't prepared for that kind of question and it took me a few seconds to think of an answer that wouldn't come across as bitterly sarcastic. Not deliberately so, but it's very difficult to say 'yes I am prepared to press any of the buttons on the keyboard' without sounding a touch patronising. Have they had previous applicants who have freaked out at the prospect of having to press the number keys?

I also had a meeting at an agency, which I was told halfway through was 'extremely generic'. Well, yeah. My CV is full of data entry. She kept asking where my career was taking me even though I pointed out that no career exists. I told her I'd ideally like to be in entertainment or publishing, but why would she need to know that? I'm not looking for my dream career and I'm not looking for employers who expect that. I'm applying for temporary office work because that's where my experience is and I really, really need to get paid within two weeks. I guess I should have just made it clear that while I might not be enthusiastically pursuing a career in whatever random temp role they find me, I'll do it with no problem. I actually like having a job (and not just for the 'getting paid' aspect), and don't resent the fact that the roles I'd be in are not something I'd otherwise be doing for free, for fun. And by the way: The people who say that working reception at an insurance company is their one true childhood aspiration are lying.

Well, anyway. I did have another interview a couple of days ago, at a bank, which I haven't heard back from yet. If I do get it (which I won't, because that would be a good thing) it'll start on the thirteenth of February, ie. just a few days before I transition from an emaciated husk to a homeless, emaciated husk. I need food money before that date comes. And, ideally, rent money. The data entry job I got turned down for would have been ideal because it was a one-month contract, but I guess I didn't come across at the kind of person who could grasp the complexities of alphanumeric typing. I'm sure they decided to call in a qualified specialist to deal with that kind of curveball.

User avatar
jvcc
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: USA

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby jvcc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 am

Is there any way you can do odd jobs to scrape together some cash before the deadline? Babysitting, house-sitting, pet-sitting/dog-walking, tutoring, helping someone move, cleaning houses, shoveling driveways (it's snowy in Canada, isn't it?), etc. etc. It's not ideal and it's not long-term, but it may help if you want to avoid immediate and imminent homelessness. Also, for food, when my brother was in a crazy Bible college/cult that gave the students a meager pittance for food every month he used to go to bakeries and see if he could get day-old bread for free. And go dumpster-diving for still-packaged foods, but in the winter that's probably not advisable (any time of the year it's not exactly great).

Ah, these are horrible suggestions. Do you want me to send you food?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 am

All I can say, Enty, is keep applying, keep applying, and keep applying. The data entry job didn't turn you down because they didn't think you were capable, it's because they had two dozen qualified applicants and they had to pick somebody. Keep applying, though, and sooner or later you'll get something.

The only thing I can think of that you can use to your advantage here is the fact that you are from England and thus have that coveted English accent. Apply for high-end retail jobs, they love that sort of superficial stuff.

User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
Posts: 6582
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

jvcc wrote:Is there any way you can do odd jobs to scrape together some cash before the deadline? Babysitting, house-sitting, pet-sitting/dog-walking, tutoring, helping someone move, cleaning houses, shoveling driveways (it's snowy in Canada, isn't it?), etc. etc. It's not ideal and it's not long-term, but it may help if you want to avoid immediate and imminent homelessness. Also, for food, when my brother was in a crazy Bible college/cult that gave the students a meager pittance for food every month he used to go to bakeries and see if he could get day-old bread for free. And go dumpster-diving for still-packaged foods, but in the winter that's probably not advisable (any time of the year it's not exactly great).

Ah, these are horrible suggestions. Do you want me to send you food?


Oh heavens I should be fine if I actually have to go home; I can borrow money from my parents to keep myself alive until the flight date. The problem is just the fact of having to fly away so early, after coming over and struggling to make ends meet for a few months. Still, hopefully something will come up. I could try to find odd jobs, but I don't really know how I'd go about doing that (the best bet seems to be the Labour Ready place Chrism mentioned a while ago, but the problem is the jobs go on a first-come-first-served basis and the place opens an hour before the subway starts running, so I'd never be there more than 1 1/2 hours late. Also, it's chiefly construction work and it's January. Ain't gonna be easy.

PonderThis wrote:All I can say, Enty, is keep applying, keep applying, and keep applying. The data entry job didn't turn you down because they didn't think you were capable, it's because they had two dozen qualified applicants and they had to pick somebody. Keep applying, though, and sooner or later you'll get something.

The only thing I can think of that you can use to your advantage here is the fact that you are from England and thus have that coveted English accent. Apply for high-end retail jobs, they love that sort of superficial stuff.


Thanks. The problem with retail is that the season for it just ended; any shop that needs people will be getting them by keeping on their seasonal staff. Again, it's not a great time of year for it. I'm looking at restaurants though; surely people continue to eat food in January? Now that I have Banana Republic on my resume as proof that I'm able to speak to humans without dropping dead, I might be able to get such work. And I'd be dealing with people, which I like, and not having to push them into buying more stuff, which I don't. I liked the talking-to-people aspect of working in retail, but I'm apparently not pushy enough for sales.

What is wrong with this keyboard? It doubles up letters every other word. Let's try a sentence without going over the spelling:

I'm appparently not pushy enouggh foor sales..

Lose.

User avatar
jvcc
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: USA

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby jvcc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 am

I watched a sad movie on Netflix last night and was extraordinarily moved by your plight and wanted to help. In the cold light of day, you're on your own.

But really, I do feel bad for your and wouldn't want to be in your situation, for whatever that's worth.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I shouldn't have gotten the car. I gave half my savings to mom for a medical procedure, and I've almost depleted the rest, and still have credit card debt and it's January and I have to pay property taxes for the house, the taxes for both her and my car, the renewal of my driver's licence, my car's insurance and looking at the numbers, I will spend the bonus money from May on credit card payments, but hopefully that will be it. I just need to avoid expenses for the next 4 Months, and making sure we keep the utilities at the minimum possible.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight


Return to “None of the Above”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest