A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby chrismachine » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 pm

That's really tough man. I hope this place can afford you some measure of support or happiness.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

I'm thinking good thoughts for ya, ZP. Trying to send good vibes your way so good things happen soon!

THINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINK

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh dear. I'm also thinking good things. I surely hope there's some kind of turnup in the near future.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 pm

PonderThis wrote:I'm thinking good thoughts for ya, ZP. Trying to send good vibes your way so good things happen soon!

PONDERPONDERPONDERPONDERPONDER

Fixed that for you.

I thought ntw3001 wrote:I surely hope there's some kind of turnip in the near future.

In all seriousness thought I hope your ducks will align and metaphor and secondary metaphor for conditions improving. Ugh, I don't know whether that comes off as being sarcastic (I hope it doesn't) or I've been watching too much Daria.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 pm

ntw3001 wrote:Oh dear. I'm also thinking good things. I surely hope there's some kind of turnup in the near future.

I think the fates have a sense of humor.

For the most part, I'm just going to remain positive and optimistic about this whole thing. That way the downfall will be that much more soul-crushing.

Thing is, I honestly don't have any idea how I'm going to pull through this. I can put in applications both willy and nilly, but unless someone calls me back, I suppose I just have to rely on kinfolk to help. Considering my sister tapped my dad for a $20k bank loan that she's not really making good on and he's up to his ears in hospital bills because of crummy Medicaid or Medicare or whichever one it is, not sure how well that's going to work out.

Yard sale, maybe?
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

dang you gmail, I can't read your new Terminal white-on-grey-on-black. The style is also bland. Give me back the old green-on-black Terminal style.
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 pm

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Needed to get that off my chest :)
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:38 pm

IanC wrote:ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Needed to get that off my chest :)

This is funnier if you imagine Ian being pinned down by a bechpress bar dictating the above to his phone as he gets it off his chest.
My Site

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:59 pm

:lol:

I needed that :)

Its just some joker on another form that seems to think constantly making jokes about Zoe getting me down. And others don't see anything wrong in what he says. Grrrr....
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

Android Replica
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Android Replica » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:
ntw3001 wrote:Oh dear. I'm also thinking good things. I surely hope there's some kind of turnup in the near future.

I think the fates have a sense of humor.

For the most part, I'm just going to remain positive and optimistic about this whole thing. That way the downfall will be that much more soul-crushing.

Thing is, I honestly don't have any idea how I'm going to pull through this. I can put in applications both willy and nilly, but unless someone calls me back, I suppose I just have to rely on kinfolk to help. Considering my sister tapped my dad for a $20k bank loan that she's not really making good on and he's up to his ears in hospital bills because of crummy Medicaid or Medicare or whichever one it is, not sure how well that's going to work out.

Yard sale, maybe?

I wish I could say something helpful. You've got a lot of drawing talent...deviant art, maybe? Some kind of PayPal tip jar thing?

If I had a million American dollars, you'd have some, on commission or something...some awesome drawing of yours...however I don't have that. I can, myself, barely keep my bills at bay, At least you've got talent. There is that.

I'm so sorry I can't be more helpful.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 pm

I recently discovered Mogwai will be playing an ATP event in London the evening of the day I'm flying to Sweden for the opening of my uncle's new art gallery place thing. This is literally the worst fortune anyone has ever experienced ever.
SIGNATURE: GONE

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Update:

The good:

My dad can give me $400 at the beginning of each month and my grandpa has already been sending us the same. Combined with the $160 a month from mowing lawns that might just work out if I manage the bills wisely.

I have an interview next week.

The bad and ugly:

My wife and I are not living in the same house as of last Friday. I found an exchange between her and another guy on this MMO she plays telling each other that they love each other and groping on each other. I confronted her, she says its nothing, I snooped and found her and her mom's messages on facebook about leaving me, asked her about it, and she is upset that I invaded her privacy. I stayed at my dad's house over the weekend and she's staying at her mom's now so that we both can have the kids for a few days at a time.

I set up a marriage counseling session this Friday. I told her where it is and what time and she says she doesn't know if she's going to go.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Wow, that's stupendously crappy. I wish I had something funny to say to lighten the mood. :|

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Jesus, sorry, ZP. I wish you all the best and hopefully things will start looking up.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

ZP, I know that there is nothing I can say that can possibly help you. I hope everything gets better soon.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am

ZP, i've been in almost that exact situation. if she is receptive to counseling, i hope you get a good therapist.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Christ! The best of luck with all that decidedly unpleasant stuff, ZP.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Wed May 02, 2012 10:43 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want to go lie in the fetal position in my bed after ingesting a good amount of pain killers.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

fanelian wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want to go lie in the fetal position in my bed after ingesting a good amount of pain killers.

:shock: Please tell me that that's not what it sounds like.

All I got to complain about is a busted hot water heater. Costing me $1500 or so to get fixed.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 am

fwp.jpg
fwp.jpg (6.02 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Last edited by fanelian on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I need new shoes. I hate shopping for clothes; shoes, doubly so.

Actually, I don't mind buying T-shirts and things. I know where I stand with those. But shoes are bastards.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 pm

James wrote:But shoes are bastards.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 am

fwp.jpg
fwp.jpg (6.02 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Last edited by fanelian on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon May 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I can kind of understand, in limited terms. March 2010 was the month I lost my long-term job due to layoff, which ultimately spiraled down into where I am today. Later that month was when my mom passed suddenly. I can never decide if it's worse for a loved one to go suddenly or over a longer period. Inside you'd rather know they're going to go and prepare mentally but I'm sure it's more like mourning them every day.

My wife came by today to get more of her stuff, which was painful as it drove home the fact that she's probably not coming back since it was things like a lamp for her bedroom over at her mom's and her posters and pictures of kids to put up over there. It was also embarrassing as the house was messy and she didn't call first and her whole family barged in and tromped all over the house. Thing is, after playing "Single Dad" all week and having the house to myself this last weekend, I didn't want to clean; I wanted to be distracted. Cleaning meant being painfully aware that I'm on my own and I don't have tending to my kids as a distraction.

EDIT: Yeah, she changed her relationship status on Facebook yesterday to "Separated." To keep things from being awkward I did the same.

But on the other hand: Heeeeey, ladies.
Last edited by Zombie Protestor on Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Tue May 08, 2012 8:51 am

Noooooooooooo! Maurice Sendak died.

Return to “None of the Above”