A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby chrismachine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 pm

I've put on about 5lbs this holiday season, does that count?
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am

A wind-breaker then. :mrgreen:
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Think I've ate too much haha

I'm such a fat unattractive fork tho so it doesn't make much difference, haha

fork 2016 sucked. Too many stars have gone out this year. And us elected a rickin'-frackin' idiot president, UK decided to fork itself over and now has a prime minister who couldn't run a day care let alone a country. Doesn't look like 2017 will be any better…
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:25 am

We can hope. There's always hope. A new hope. Right?
RIP Princess :cry:
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Well, I've finally annoyed a right winger on facebook, my life is almost complete! :roll: I responded to something traubster posted, and I'm pretty sure one of his "friends" reported me to facebook for replying to him. I wasn't disrespectful, but I may have been a bit sarcastic. Still, it seems right wingers on the internet have the thinnest of skins for all that they keep complaining about "safe spaces" and other things. If I'm lucky, I'll get to continue posting as not-myself but if I have to change to my real name then I guess that's that.....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

So its not just me that finds you annoying then, eh
My Spamusements!

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:09 pm

IanC wrote:So its not just me that finds you annoying then, eh

Yeah I think it is just you :P

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm

sum yun gai wrote:
IanC wrote:So its not just me that finds you annoying then, eh

Yeah I think it is just you :P

I find you annoying, you find me annoying. I hate your guts, you hate my guts. Seems simple to me…
My Spamusements!

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I was sick throughout the new year (still am), today was my only day at work this week. Yesterday, found out my friend died on Wednesday. At least she got 6 more months than she was supposed to and made it through the holidays with her family. Going to a celebration of life tomorrow. Still sucks.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Make sure to celebrate that life, as intended. I don't know why, but I'm somehow good at not being sad at those things when I look at all of the great pictures and stuff, as long as the person led a relatively full life. I imagine your friend was a bit on the young side, though. Sorry for the loss :(

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:43 pm

I wonder if she still misses me? Probably not, not that I care. She talked about her family nonstop, I mean give it a rest once in a while. And after 4 dates I'd have expected at least so etching, you know maybe a blowjob or something. Stupid bitch.

I don't care anyway. Hated her. She can fork herself for all I care. tuna sandwich.
My Spamusements!

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 pm

sum yun gai wrote:Well, I've finally annoyed a right winger on facebook, my life is almost complete! :roll: I responded to something traubster posted, and I'm pretty sure one of his "friends" reported me to facebook for replying to him. I wasn't disrespectful, but I may have been a bit sarcastic. Still, it seems right wingers on the internet have the thinnest of skins for all that they keep complaining about "safe spaces" and other things. If I'm lucky, I'll get to continue posting as not-myself but if I have to change to my real name then I guess that's that.....

Haha, you got banned? I read the PM you sent about why you're blocking me. I'm surprised that guy reported you, though he's not like an actual friend, just some guy who used to train Muay Thai with me. A bit of the serious type, for sure.

The best was when you argued with my cousin-in-law. He's an ignorant hippie who calls anyone stupid that doesn't agree with him.

You pissed off both a right wing and a left wing Facebook friend of mine lol.

I consider myself a moderate, but most people can't accept that and immediately identify me as whatever is completely opposite of them.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Everyone considers themselves a moderate, just like everyone considers themselves an excellent driver even though they are probably not either :mrgreen:

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:03 am

I certainly don't consider myself and excellent driver.

I guess maybe a a radical moderate.

Most people would say they're not like most people.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Did I mention my house got hit by a car in April? Yea, that happened. Took out a portion of a retaining wall and (luckily) landed in my rocks before hitting the house itself, so only surface damage to the house, but damage none the less. Homeowners insurance not living up to what it's cracked up to be. The car was stolen BTW and abandoned a few blocks away. How they managed to drive away after the carnage they caused, I have no idea. Who has pictures of tire tracks on the step outside their front door? This girl.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:38 pm

That's crazy. When I was a kid a stolen car drove through the brick exterior of a house near me, we used to drive that way to go see it on the way home, a big hole in a house isn't a usual thing.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:51 am

A car drove through one of those cinder block fences at the trailer park near me. Took out a mid-size SUV hole in the wall which they patched up and repainted good as new within three days of pulling the car out.

I happened to be driving by just after the driver hit the wall, and it looked like they just lost control somehow, jumped the curb, and went straight into the wall. My guess is at some point the driver panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake before impact.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 pm

OH MY GOD...

Photobucket has started charging to let you link to your images on forums. That was the original use of the site before they started selling canvas prints and poopcakes. I can't believe all of my links are dead, basically forever, since I will never be paying them $400 a year, nor will I be going back to embed all of the tags again if I were to even move them. This is infuriating.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:31 pm

Well that's not good. Stupid photobucket's just removed a huge amount of our old archive content! :x

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 pm

All indications are that they set the super high price to do two things: Force small businesses and desperate serious bloggers to fork it over to buy themselves a year to migrate everything over before renewal, or just move everything and close the account. Their end goal is to stop hosting files for people who aren't buying their canvas prints. I don't see a change of heart happening.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 am

Well, that sucks a lot.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:21 pm

All's not lost. I was also annoyed about this last night. But as it happens, I searched through some of my old posts just now and saw a photobucket image appearing on its own. Turns out, in order to prevent photobucket from autoresizing my images, I'd been appending "~original" to my image urls for a while, and that makes it show up on the forum. See here. Try opening your browser devtools and changing your sig image's url to have "~original" at the end.

Wonder if we can run some sort of db migration script to change photobucket links in place. Actually this would be a good time to get proactive and pluck all the photobucket urls from posts, download all the images now using the "~original" extension, then host them on an Amazon S3 bucket. Just in case photobucket decides to block that url format as well.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 pm

That totally worked! So now we know if we encounter an image which is broken, it could be fixed like that.

Cool!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:23 pm

People still come here? Huh.

I lost my job a few weeks back. Great.
My Spamusements!

Return to “None of the Above”