A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby Skimba » Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am

EsBe wrote:Noooooooooooo! Maurice Sendak died.

He was 83. Not too shabby.

ZP - Sorry to hear all about the crud going on with you. I hope it gets better and easier. Sending positive thoughts your way.

ZP wrote:But on the other hand: Heeeeey, ladies.

Howdy!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby slydon » Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I wish I could send real hugs though this :(

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Seriously. So sorry, ZP.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

It sounds worse than it is. On a few levels, I'm okay with this. I'm not miserable like I was. It's actually kind of nice knowing that everything around the house only gets done if I do it rather than coordinating this stuff. Don't get me wrong; I'm lonely as all hell and kind of scared as I've never gone through this before. But I'm fairly composed again. I pride myself on being a pretty rational person. If something bad happens, I don't dwell on it. I look for ways to get through it. This is kind of the same for me as anything else that's bad and unexpected.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:36 am

Fan, I totally get what you're saying. Those "anniversaries" are especially hard. And when you've had too many losses and bad things happen in a short period of time, it takes awhile to bounce back.

I'm still missing my mom after almost 6 years and my best friend after 3 years. I think this past Sunday was the first Mother's Day since Mom's death that I didn't avoid going to church.

And ZP, my heart goes out to you as you are going through this rough time. :(
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:39 am

I can't go to sleep at a decent hour to save my life. I tried going to bed when Hubby did, but he went right to sleep and I was just lying there, wide awake, so I got up and came here. :)
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Wed May 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I am taking a break from packing the kitchen....really the last thing, but oh so many weird sized and shaped things trying to get into a square box is getting on my nerves. Movers coming at 8AM tomorrow. Gahhhhhhhh!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I've been pretty down lately. I don't really feel like doing anything or spending time with anyone.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Well I moved into a new place a month ago and it's pretty good. I can sunnbathe on the roof, sit in the garden, it's nice, tidy, convenient quiet downtown location and so forth. So it's good here! But a couple of days ago I got this text from one of my housemates. The girl who used to live in my room wishes she was still here, so would I mind moving into the place she's planning to go to this month?

Well, I would. I agreed to go and see it because I don't want to be recalcitrant and then have to live with them all thinking I'm a dick, but it's probably not as good so I guess I'll be staying here, to the sound of quiet resentment. I really can't think of any way that I might have offended them, so it's even more baffling. Maybe they just didn't spot that 'you just moved in, but would you please leave to make space for someone we like better' is breathtakingly rude. That seems tough to miss, but there it is.

The kicker is that the new place in question in about five minutes' walk away. It's not as though the distance is somehow an impediment to them hanging out. And when I leave at the beginning of September, she'll be moving into this room anyway. Given that, I can't avoid thinking there's some additional reason. Is it worth asking a fella this so you can spend three months living in the house rather than down the road?

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am

ntw3001 wrote:is breathtakingly rude.

Yes, it is. I say stay where you are like you planned. If someone moved out, that is there loss/decision to deal with. Ass-hat. They, not you.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Way to not represent Canada, that person. Anyway yeah, stay there for sure. Don't bother with the reasons or whatever, it was just a bad decision made by that person and them having less reagrd for you because you're new and just hoping you'll go for it. I think it's a mistake to see the new place because that isn't even the issue- the issue is that you just move there and don't want to move again, not which place is better.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Well I certainly don't intend to go as some kind of favour, although if the place is better then, well, I'd probably take it. But I agreed to see it more to keep the peace when I do stay. I don't want to have to live with a bunch of people who resent that I didn't consider their silly request, so I'm at least being somewhat agreeable.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 am

We just moved into a new place (top of house apt) and as I was just showering, whatever was used to make the tub white is coming off the bottom. Also, previous to the shower, spent 3+ hrs on and off the phone with Comcast because they kept calling saying we had service appointments we didn't make and when I spoke to the first human to cancel any future appointments....they canceled my entire account. *sigh*

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

So busy lately. Have programming stuff at work eating up my brain. Light came on in the car's dash saying it's time to take it in for it's 40,000 checkup. Gonna have to also change my bike riding schedule a bit as it seems 40 miles is too much for my arthritis to handle. I really should make a doctor's appointment to talk about that.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Not looking forward to tonight.

Band drama for those interested:
After our show last Wednesday, which had some technical issues. The guitar got knocked over pre-setup by a blundering poet, so the neck got knocked out of whack a little bit. Still fine but needed to resettle. String on guitar also broke pre-set, and guitarist decided not to use the backup guitar we brought. So the guitar had issues staying in tune, mostly during our second song and through part of the third.

After the show our drummer starts throwing a hissy fit and throws his hat as we're getting off stage to load everything out. He also starts hitting himself on the street in front of the people eating dinner on the sidewalk portion of the restaurant since he thought he did an awful job. Now he's been hard on himself a few times in the past and after a few shows, but those times he had been under some stress with school. He's graduated now and has been pretty hard on himself at recent practises, leading to awkward practises and mood kill. In addition to that, the sound guy (who is also supposed to record us) and the guy who invited us to play said that the drummer was holding us back and didn't fit the band. The sound guy did offer to drum on our recording though.

Cutting to the point: We have to talk to him tonight about either shaping up or shipping out. To make matters worse, he didn't want to practise tonight, but we need to talk to him since we're supposed to go into the studio to record in two weeks. To make matters worse still, he texted us that he's quitting the band he's in with his brothers, so he's going to be down to start with. And it's going to be very hard to talk to him, since we've become pretty good friends over the past year+.

So we're most likely going to have to find a new drummer which is really hard.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:57 pm

I know at minimum, three drummers. Unfortunately, they are all based here in CO.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Wurgh they asked me about moving out again! I do not need all this fuss I haven't done a bad thing! They just really, really want their friend to move in but seriously someone already lives here

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Hopefully when you said no this time that will be the end of it... what a nuisance.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 am

either that or make them put up at least three times the money it would take for you to move out and get away from these people of dubious character....
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Well, I didn't say no again. If they really have their heads far enough up their asses to think it's an okay thing to ask again, I'm sure they won't have a problem making themselves a pain in the dick to live with if they decide I've somehow 'wronged' them by refusing to follow orders. So again, if they're really desperate to find me somewhere better, they're invited to do the legwork. I'll run with it if it's of benefit to me. Unless, that is, they decide to give me extra encouragement to leave. I'm sure they wouldn't go that far, but I'd definitely get stubborn just to be a dick.

EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby EsBe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 pm

There is a guy on another forum who annoys the hell out of me. He posts hyperactively about the most trivial things, uses exclamation marks like a 13-year-old, is prone to histrionics, and doesn't accept rational advice to solve his problems. Having spoken with him over voice once or twice, I know that he is not really the person he presents himself as on the forum (well maybe he's still a bit melodramatic), but rather a severe invalid who is desperate for attention because he has not seen a friend face to face for who knows how long. I would guess (because I would never ever ask him to clarify) that he doesn't have a life expectancy worth being optimistic about. I feel bad for the guy, but also ashamed that I still get annoyed by him when he's just looking for some (deserved) attention.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Jesus I can't stand living with my housemates for another month! So today one of them threw away all the meat I bought on Monday. Just threw it out, not mentioning it to me. I was in the house; not difficult to contact. So when I found out, I texted her. After a long argument, the resolution is 'whatever, just looking out for your safety lol'. No apology, just a cack-handed attempt to take the moral high ground. Apparently the meat was expired. If the meat comes from a butcher's shop and the expiry date is also the date of purchase, that is not the date it dissolves into a maggoty mush. You have to look at the meat. Apparently she did, and it was grey. No poopcakes, it's roast rickin'-frackin' beef. Greyish-brown on the edges and pink in the middle. And I'm still somehow in the wrong. I have no idea how people can be like this.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 am

Cut off her arm. Show her the rings of dark and pink and red and white. Ask her if she's expired. If she says "no", then slit her throat and say "yes, you are". Or find a new place, if you can. Either, or.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 am

My visa expires at the end of this month anyway, so I'll be heading back to the UK to maybe get a part-time job in a supermarket but probably not because there'll be like one job in the country and it'll go to someone who knows someone. Otherwise, I'd definitely take your advice.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Aw, your visa is expiring and we never had a chance to have a Canadian Spammies Get Together! :(

Return to “None of the Above”