A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 am

Ponder, my condolences on the loss of your kitty. :cry:
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 am

Somebody ran into Hubby's car that was parked in front of our house tonight. Pushed it up into our driveway and it hit my car too, but I don't think it's totalled (I'd be surprised if Hubby's isn't). On the bright side, the guy who hit the car had his kid with him, and they weren't too badly hurt (although I hope the kid's mom took him to get checked out and make sure, as he was showing bruises from the seatbelt already). The guy didn't seem drunk or anything, but after the mom came and took the kid, and the guy's car was towed away, we saw the police cuff him and take him away in the cop car. Guy's car was so new it didn't have plates. He's probably in the doghouse now.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby jvcc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm

That sucks, badplantmommy. Hopefully the car repairs/replacement won't cost too much. Once when my car was parked on the street near my old apartment someone apparently hit it, reversed, and then hit it again. In that scenario you sort of hope they're drunk, because otherwise there's no real justification for their terrible driving.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:31 pm

So last Saturday, ZP scoodlybooped with his girlfriend. I know, way to go, Zeep. No, not really.
I may have mentioned that because of my girlfriend's mental faculties, she has state-appointed guardians. Well, the next day they found out what we had done because she let something slip, and since last Sunday when I showed up to take her to evening church service, the last instruction I had (from her brother) was "You might want to get back in your car and head home. She may not be a minor, but the state considers her one. You could be charged with molestation, and she could be pulled out of this house and put into foster care. So go on home, we'll contact you and let you know what will happen."
That was exactly one week ago. Since then, her Facebook account has been deleted while members of her family have contacted me on Facebook, and it has always been just friendly banter. "hey how u doin" and the like. None of them can tell me what the situation is (it's like the family members that are contacting me couldn't care less about what happened), and so here I sit, twiddling my thumbs.
Here are some important factors to consider: Our relationship was not the first in which she was sexually active. Members of her family told me about the last one, and a friend of the family told me (after all this happened) that there have been several, and they were surprised that a religious guy like me was with someone like her. I didn't know I exuded religiosity. So my thoughts are along the lines that nothing is going to come of this, that I'm going to be kept in limbo until I give up and move on.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Skimba » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 am

That sucks ZP...for you and for her. I'm sure it's frustrating for both of you, for different reasons each. I do hope that you hear something productive soon.

Edited for typing in the dark typo.
Last edited by Skimba on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am

Yeah, I should add that the whole bit about what the legal ramifications could be if we got intimate? Was never brought up. I don't know if I would have stuck in there had I known. I mean, I loved her, and still do, but that I could face jail time and go on a registry along with rapists would be something I might have preferred to take into consideration.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.
Zombie Protestor

Postby Skimba » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:41 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:Yeah, I should add that the whole bit about what the legal ramifications could be if we got intimate? Was never brought up. I don't know if I would have stuck in there had I known. I mean, I loved her, and still do, but that I could face jail time and go on a registry along with rapists would be something I might have preferred to take into consideration.

Well, of course. No down-play of that was intended. Maybe see what those facebook folks have to say about past lovers and how they were treated? Maybe the guardians are just too close-minded and have refused to except that she's actually not 14 anymore. I don't know. I have never been in a situation like that which escalated that quickly and viciously. I do hope it works out.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Today I decided that I wasn't going to hear anything back from them, since it's been almost two weeks. I went ahead and changed my relationship status on FB back to single, but I question whether that was the right move. I can just picture one of her family showing her and her being crushed by it, and that makes me feel terrible. But I came to realize today that I had to face the fact that the silence I'd received was the answer I was going to get.

I tried. I've sent text messages, Facebook messages, all are being answered with "Oh, I don't know what's going on there."

But I still feel terrible.
Zombie Protestor

Postby chrismachine » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Well there really isn't much you can do at that point. Not cool though...
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 am

i wanted to post in reply the other day but i didn't have time then. ZP, every state has different regulations about how the government deals with people who have limited mental capacity. it may very well be that your state has such regulations that would treat her as a minor because of her mental age, not her physical one. that said, i would agree that even if your state does not have such a law, that her family has basically given you this treatment so that you will go away. i'm not sure what you can do at this point that does not come off as "crazy dude" since you seem to have exhausted all the non crazy stuff and they won't give you a straight answer. i'm sorry it had to come to this for you. hopefully even if you don't hear from her one of her family members can at least give you a "we don't want to hear from you" instead of "sorry, i'm just going to string you along until you go away"
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:30 am

jvcc wrote:That sucks, badplantmommy. Hopefully the car repairs/replacement won't cost too much. Once when my car was parked on the street near my old apartment someone apparently hit it, reversed, and then hit it again. In that scenario you sort of hope they're drunk, because otherwise there's no real justification for their terrible driving.

This happens on a regular basis in our neighborhood--but only on my side of the street, maybe because they are coming from the busy street. It's nearly always a drunk person, although a few years ago, my stepdad's car was hit by a girl who had just got her license that day, had talked her mom into letting her take her brand new car, and she looked away from the road to read the directions to where she was going. :roll: My old VW Bug was totalled years ago by a hit and run driver.

It was definitely the other guy's fault. I just hope we can get enough for Hubby's car to at least get one that's the same model and year. My car is so old that they will probably say it costs more to fix than it's worth, although it is driveable and mostly just needs a new headlight (which is impossible to find). The other guy's insurance should be paying for a rental, but we don't have his info, and the police department hasn't released the report.
The guy was probably drunk, which really makes me see red, because he was endangering the life of his own child. :evil: :cry:
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 am

I'm taking a Perspective Drawing class, and it's hard! I'm also taking a Landscape Design class, and it's hard too, but I already got my Ornamental Horticulture certificate, so I'm just taking that one Pass/No Pass instead of a grade. I need the perspective class for the Narrative Illustration certificate, or I might have just given up and walked out today.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 pm

I could probably use a Perspective Drawing class myself, as anyone who's seen my comics here can attest... and a "Get The F#*&ing Proportions Right For Once" class as well, but I'm guessing that'd have a different name and it'd be a hopeless cause anyway. :P
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby slydon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 am

Wife's car got vandalized this week.
It's what we get for having a dem bumper sticker in Bachmann country.
That's not what angers me. What angers me are conservative "friends" who thought that was perfectly fine. One asked me if I thought it was okay that I offended the neighbors with said bumper stickers.
So glad I can't punch people thru the internet...
slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:18 am

So my roommate pointed a gun to his head tonight and was screaming. I calmed him down and he went for a drive and I talked him into leaving the gun here. I hid it, but he'll be home soon and confrontational. I already called the police and they could not have cared less about any of this. Not the behavior or the impending confrontation. So yeah if you don't hear from me again you know why.
Zombie Protestor

Postby jvcc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 am

Zombie Protestor wrote:So my roommate pointed a gun to his head tonight and was screaming. I calmed him down and he went for a drive and I talked him into leaving the gun here. I hid it, but he'll be home soon and confrontational. I already called the police and they could not have cared less about any of this. Not the behavior or the impending confrontation. So yeah if you don't hear from me again you know why.

Try to get him to call the suicide prevention lifeline (1-800-273-8255). He can also chat with them on their website. Mayo Clinic has some specific guidelines for how to deal with suicidal individuals.

Also, you can always call the police again. You might be able to talk to different people who are better or at least less awful at their job and will be willing to help you.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 pm

So the police did end up coming out last night after he got back and had a screaming-in-my-face fit, and they ended up holding onto the gun for the night. But other than that, they could not have cared less as well.

Oh, hey, on top of all this today the family of my ex-girlfriend tried to contact my ex-wife, saying that she needs to know something about our kids. I have no clue what.
Last edited by Zombie Protestor on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Protestor

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm

That's pretty discouraging on the police's part.

I'm sorry your life is so tumultuous right now. Things have gotten pretty...strange for you. I hope things start looking up soon though.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Zombie Protestor » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm

All right, so my ex and I befriended one another on Facebook again, and had a talk on there. This is what they had to tell her:
hi i think u need to know ur ex has had sex in the same room ur kids where in with him

Uh...what? No, the kids were taking a nap. I'm not going to have sex with the kids watching. In fact, I was so nervous one of them might wake up and come in there that I didn't really enjoy things. I thought they were going to tell my ex that since I molestered a mentally disabled person that I might do it to the kids too. By the way, I told her about the molestation threat and how this wasn't my ex-girlfriend's first physical relationship and she even thought it was bunk.

:x
Zombie Protestor

Postby EsBe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I like how they choose to deliver a dire warning about someone's sexual behavior in text message spelling. :P

But really, that's messed up. :|
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

Slydon, that sucks about the car vandalism! :x I'm too chicken to have bumper stickers anymore. I live in a red county in a blue state, and a lot of my "real life" friends are conservative. I will be so glad when the election is over!
--J--
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby Zombie Protestor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm

TIL that a misspelled password is one of the best ways of keeping your computer secure. I had to install Borderlands 2 on his computer since I didn't have the funds to get the new video card (I'm also going to have to replace the power supply to run it, so extra cost), and he left today to be gone for two days and before he left, he told me his password is "idontknow". No caps, no punctuation, and no spaces, he said. Doesn't work. I'm not really surprised, as his spelling is atrocious. I've been logging my attempts to avoid duplicate effort, and so far these are all no-gos:

idontknow
idontno
idontkno
idontnow
idonetknow
idoentknow
idonetkno
idonetno
idonetnow
idoentkno
idoentno
idoentnow

I'm stuck. Either the "I" part is also misspelled somehow, or I'm missing some possible combination.

UPDATE: I decided to start poring through his Facebook posts to see how he has spelled these words or if he has used this phrase. So far, I found "know" spelled correctly.
UPDATED UPDATE: Yeah, he has to be screwing with me. Here it is from his Facebook posts, spelled correctly, and you can get a taste of what I mean about the other spelling:
Zombie Protestor

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ takes 5 minutes to blank a password on a non-server windows computer. then you can change it to something like GADJH@#HAHIdha q09h dhfasd7890)hf_(# and tell *him* "i don't know" what his password is
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 pm

haha, I was just thinking about trying to track one of these little babies down while I was in class today, and you saved me the footwork.

Unfortunately for the revenge password idea, he swung by today and told me the correct password. This time around, I tried it while he was here to make sure it worked. Turns out it was "youdontknow"
Zombie Protestor

Postby EsBe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Zombie Protestor wrote:Unfortunately for the revenge password idea, he swung by today and told me the correct password. This time around, I tried it while he was here to make sure it worked. Turns out it was "youdontknow"

I feel like that would be the makings of a good "Who's on first" routine. :)
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above