A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby jvcc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:44 am

mulpis wrote:FYI, my little peanut's surgery went perfectly. She was super brave, and she's resting at home now, binge-watching My Little Pony and mainlining pudding cups.

I'm super tired and can't think of anything to say other than "yay." But seriously, yay!
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby mulpis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:05 am

It friggin snowed last night, a pretty significant amount. Looks like about 3 or 4 inches. I don't usually whine about snow; in fact, I usually enjoy it. But its too early. Its like the weather uses the same marketing team as the department stores and has decided to jump on the "Christmas-before-Thanksgiving" bandwagon. I haven't even dug my winter things out of the attic yet, so I have to brush off my car without gloves and drag my trash to the curb without boots.
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Dusk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 am

I've never been snowed on. :(
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Dusk wrote:I've never been snowed on. :(

it seems to me you can probably find someone willing to do this for you on the internet...
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby PonderThis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:06 am

MOVE TO TASMANIA

It snows there every now and then, doesn't it?
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby Dusk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:23 am

sum yun gai wrote:

it seems to me you can probably find someone willing to do this for you on the internet...

Ha, it's probably code for some sort of horrible sexual deviation.. like old dog poop or something.

PonderThis wrote:MOVE TO TASMANIA
It snows there every now and then, doesn't it?

Yeah and in various places in Victoria and New South Wales..
You know, it's funny.. A co-worker and I constantly suggest to each other that we move to Tasmania to get away from.. people.
It's a beautiful place. When I was small I wanted to move there and find the last remaining Tasmanian Tiger.
Now I want to move there and live a life of self-sufficiency and solitude.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 am

yeah, and once you move there you can show people a map of where you live in tasmania. that's a thing people always ask in australia, right? :P

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 pm

I knew a Tasmanian girl when I was in Canada, and she was pleasant enough. So Tasmania has churned out at least one tolerable person (although that person is no longer present in Tasmania).
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:40 am

Tasmania outsources all its pleasantness.

Fate has decided to bring this semester to a close by afflicting me with a fever. Some illness accompanies it, I'm sure, but I won't know the precise details until I go to the doctor tomorrow. I met with a student last week who said she had strep throat but was no longer contagious as she had been on antibiotics. If I do have strep I am going to be very suspicious.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Nyperold » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Wow, and I just have a simple cold. Although it is impairing my ability to squee at cute images in the proper vocal register at the moment. I believe I first noticed it while watching the episode "Call of the Cutie" on DVD, although I should really have noticed during "Bridle Gossip".
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I saw a friend in London yesterday! Very nice. Wait, stay there, thats not the whine. There's a whine. So I bought some new Doc Marten's, expecting to be out for the day and then pop off home nice and early. Instead, we went for a nice whisky at Canary Wharf, then met my friend's friends (I did not know this was the plan) and went to Brew Dog.

for those not in the know, Brew Dog is a Scottish brewery whose theme is 'strong beer'. Imagine drinking several pints of wine. Then imagine leaving your £100 boots somewhere in London and not noticing until you get home! I think they were on the train, because I called the bars I went to (I think; it's not necessarily easy to identify the correct ones) and none of them had any such boots. Maybe a deserving homeless man now has them, which is nice. Maybe some nasty chap who picks up brand-new expensive boots in bars and takes them for himself has them, which I don't like as much. either way, I'm out £100 (£120, because there were a couple of T-shirts in the bag too) and feel like a total dickhead. Everyone's fault but mine.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Sucks, bro. Maybe someone will get you nice shoes as a Christmas gift?
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 pm

So, I was in a three-car accident on Wednesday. Of the five people in the cars, I was the only one not to go to the hospital in an ambulance. Everyone else is OK though, just beat up. I was very sore yestreday and stayed home from work to get a rental, make as many of the necessary insurance calls, etc. Anyway, when I went to the impound lot to release my car to the towing company, I got to take a better look at it. Unfortunately, it looks like it can be repaired. I say unfortunately because I've been driving around with a functioning, but smashed, tail light and smooshed bumber for over a year now...and was hoping that the car was a loss so I didn't have to get that fixed. Now, unfortunately, the new damage is on in the front side of the car, not the back. Now I'd like to get the car all fixed at once, since it's out of commission now anyway, and I'd like to get my dented doors (people like to hit my parked car over and over)...which means having three different claims, for three different other parts of the car...and three seperate deductables, plus getting the $ from the at-fault driver's insurence company to pay for the accident damages. This is going to be a nightmare.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:22 am

has the adjuster seen it yet? or alternatively, is there an amount you can get from them to put towards a new(er) car? i had a truck once which could have been fixed, but the insurance wrote it off as a loss because the damage repairs would have been roughly equal to the value of the car. i ended up with a check for 1.5 times the blue book value. a different car i had an accident with, their insurance (progressive as i recall) just handed me a check as long as i didn't sue them. explore your options before you make a judgment.

oh, and good to hear you're ok as well. hopefully you're just stiff from being in an accident and don't need extra medical care :)

sum yun gai

Postby MysticalDescent » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:04 pm

This isn't that much of a whine or a complain, but I suppose it fits here best. I went on one of those date things the other day for the first time in....way too long. I thought it went pretty well, but apparently it didn't, which is fairly embarrassing. Then again, I had pretty much no idea what I was doing.
MysticalDescent

Postby mulpis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:42 pm

So, my best friend has a new boyfriend.

My problem isn't just the fact that she has a boyfriend. I'm not jealous or anything. Our friendship has survived 20 years and many, many guys. And its not that I don't like him. I only know him superficially as of now, but he seems nice enough.

My problem is that I don't like who she is becoming since she started getting serious about him. She has NEVER been one of those chameleon chicks who change to suit the type of guy they're dating... until now.

And more than that, she's annoying the hell outta me! Just now I didn't even answer her call because I couldn't face having to listen to her prattle on about how to define jazz music (this guy is a musician) or how she wants to start tending bar part-time at the club where he plays (she has a doctorate for christsake!) Or what her f***king BOYFRIEND thought of the pages I emailed to her for feedback. Or his ideas on paleo food or some such nonsense. Or how he doesn't like musicals (her favorite thing in the world). Ugh ugh ugh!!!

I hope this thing implodes soon so we can get through the "crying-into-her-wineglass-on-my-couch phase and move on to a new guy who doesn't turn her into a douchezombie!!!

/end rant
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Well that's full of bad signs. If you don't know him well at all, that either means (assuming you used to see her often up until now) she's gotten herself hooked really quickly, or he's one of those people who wants his partner all to himself and she won't see much of anyone else, and neither is a good situation. I hope she finds balance.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby EsBe » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:06 pm

Some people are legitimately worth changing for. This gentleman doesn't sound like one of those people, though. Tell her to enjoy her paleo diet! :P
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby Skimba » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 pm

EsBe wrote:Some people are legitimately worth changing for.

To an extent. Completely doing a 180 is not normally good. I've been in this same situation and sometimes you just can't tell someone what they don't want to see. Now my friend and I didn't have the same amount of history together as you and your girlfriend do, but we were very close. Unfortunately, this girl and I ended up growing apart because of it. She honestly thought the hundreds of "compromises" she was making "with" him and her newest intersts (his) were just a part of being in a relationship and she couldn't see where I saw that it was absolutely squashing who she really was. She has since dumped that guy and has gotten married and has a child, and although we are still friends, the intimate part of friendship between her and I has never been the same since (get your mids out of the gutter, if you've had that really good friend, you know what I mean by intimate friendship).
I really hope she sees what she's doing to herself soon. Good luck!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Previous

Return to None of the Above