OFFICIAL World of Warcraft thread that won't die now!

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: OFFICIAL World of Warcraft thread that won't die now!

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Ah but he is Australian and they have weird spellings like they spell billabong 'billabong' and we just plain do not have to spell that word.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 am

EvilJekyll wrote:Mouldy? Moldy? I was under the impression you "English" english speakers spelled it "mouldy."

Yeah we do. Thanks for picking me up on that, MERRIAM WEBSTER. :P
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Right. I've been trying to send rocks to my man Velaro so he can level his blacksmithing. So I send them to him in the post, from my bank man Pennybags! Excellent plan. Small hitch: If I type 'v' into the recipient field, it brings up my brother's death knight and I send things to him instead. So, I cunningly type in 've'. Turns out the reason those things have sometimes not gone through is because it just sends to someone called 've'. I have no idea who this person is, but they have a whole mess of rocks valued at about 1000g. I don't mind the money, though. I have plenty. But it bugs the hell out of me anyway. I don't want to keep sending this person things by accident!

I looked on the armoury and there's nobody called 've' in my realm, or even my battlegroup. WHERE ARE THESE ROCKS GOING
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Perhaps you smoked them? CRACK
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Skimba » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 am

giantsfan97 wrote:Perhaps you smoked them? CRACK

hahahahahahaha...yea.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby IanC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 pm

I got into the Cataclysm beta. After a shitload of downloading, i had a quick go and im liking the changes. Decided to start a Worgen Druid, although i still working through the starting experience so im still a human at the moment.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 am

Some of the stuff looks really interesting and some pisses me off (including some patches already made) where it seems like everything has just gotten a whole lot easier. I know they're trying to keep people interested and signed up, but the starting areas now are sooooo easy it's ridiculous.
Some friends and I recently started a Horde guild and I started an undead warlock. I don't know why they even gave me the imp. I think I had him for maybe a level before I had to fight and win my void walker. Anyway, yea, yea, cataclysm and stuff.
I really should be focusing on my loremaster.
Anyway - rantish over.
Have fun with the beta Ian. Keep us informed, but don't tell me too much. That works, right?
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby IanC » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Its, urm, crashy at the moment. Wasn't last night, so i think the most recent patch did that. So haven't played much more so far... but it looks like might be finally be turning into a Worgen!
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 am

It did always bother me how easy WoW was unless you were raiding or doing PvP.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby IanC » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm

My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:It did always bother me how easy WoW was unless you were raiding or doing PvP.

To the contrary, that's one good thing about it in my opinion. It was a long enough slog for me to get someone to 70 (and then 80) as it was...
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:It did always bother me how easy WoW was unless you were raiding or doing PvP.

To the contrary, that's one good thing about it in my opinion. It was a long enough slog for me to get someone to 70 (and then 80) as it was...

I agree with you about the length of getting to high levels, but I don't think harder needs to mean longer. I think you should have to kill fewer mobs and collect fewer items to complete quests and level up... I also think those mobs should have more hp and do more damage... especially at higher levels.
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:13 pm

ntw3001 wrote:Right. I've been trying to send rocks to my man Velaro so he can level his blacksmithing. So I send them to him in the post, from my bank man Pennybags! Excellent plan. Small hitch: If I type 'v' into the recipient field, it brings up my brother's death knight and I send things to him instead. So, I cunningly type in 've'. Turns out the reason those things have sometimes not gone through is because it just sends to someone called 've'. I have no idea who this person is, but they have a whole mess of rocks valued at about 1000g. I don't mind the money, though. I have plenty. But it bugs the hell out of me anyway. I don't want to keep sending this person things by accident!

I looked on the armoury and there's nobody called 've' in my realm, or even my battlegroup. WHERE ARE THESE ROCKS GOING

My rocks were returned! Eventually! I guess they were devoured by the system, then thrown back up into my mailbox when it found them indigestible.

I'll probably let my account die again after this month. I did before, then my brother told me he'd just sent me a massive mound of epic gems to cut, so I felt it would be polite to not leave them to rot (in woW, gems rot). I'm not earning much moneys, though. Pennybags is up to a handsome 35k and ain't going so fast no more. And for leveling, it is not happening because leveling in Northrend is so completely bad. What happened while they were making this expansion?

Dev 1: So, what do players like?
Dev 2: Travelling!
Dev 3: Grinding mobs!
Dev 1 (taking notes): Right, and what do they hate?
Dev 2: Appreciable experience gainsl!
Dev 3: Starting zones with enough quests to get them from level 68 to 70!
Dev 1 (closing notebook): Okay, thanks guys. I think I know how we're going to set up the quests in this expansion. Let's just say that people are going to love it.

Blah. Did I whine about that? I sent my hunter to Howling Fjord at 68 and he'd done every quest in the zone without hitting 70, too low to get any further quests. Cue grinding! Of course, in Wrath, grinding is a little more effective for gaining experience than questing. Also, while still 68, he got two quests to go to different towns. He went to the one at the far north end of the zone, found that there weren't any quests for his level, and had to trek back to the other town. This was annoying. Developer tip: Don't send a character to a quest hub where no quests will be available to them. It bugs me that people get paid to do this. I get that people try things sometimes that don't work out, and that's okay, but this is the kind of obvious mistake that really bugs me. Like forced dialogue choices in RPGs (rrr): the sort of things that can only possibly be included as an act of low-key sabotage by a mildly disgruntled worker.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Who has been playing Cataclysm? It seems okay. Well, actually the only new zone I've been in is Sealion Land and it is kind of rubbish. So I'll probably head back to Landlion Land.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby IanC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm going to wait a couple of days, for things to die down a bit before really starting, but I have to say, flying in the old world is awesome. 8)
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:46 pm

I got to 81 after work yesterday playing in Vagi...Vag'...Vag'ina land of water...it's pretty cool and fun and funny and stuff.
Yay seahorse!
:D
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Noo Blizzard I can't dig up your artifacts if you put them outside the digsites
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby jvcc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm

This is amazing.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 am

jvcc wrote:This is amazing.

Hahahha agreed!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:34 pm

That's adorable.

OH my...the links...the links...I haven't looked at WOW videos in a long time, now I don't want to stop.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:47 am

ding 85

the internet must know
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm

New expansion, looks pretty good. Changes to talent system, decline in importance of gear for PvP, mini-pet Pokemon battles, and some other stuff. New race, new class, who cares. Mostly, Pokemon!
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Skimba » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:12 pm

The crate eats lvl 1 critters. It's fantastic.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby IanC » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Pandas. Awesome.

I still haven't installed it on my new mac. Anyone know if Cataclysm contains the full data up to that point, much like Lich King did?
My Spamusements!

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 pm

It should.
I am signed up for the panda-beta when it comes out.
I also have an adorable Murkablo. My boyfriend is awesome! :)
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Previous

Return to None of the Above