Random Thoughts

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Dusk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 am

mulpis wrote:Do you ever wonder, if you could somehow go back through your life and tally all the movies you've ever watched, which movie you've watched the most times? I bet it wouldn't be one of your favorite movies. It'd be something weird and random that they show on television all the time or something.

Star Wars or Murder By Death
... and they are definitely up there.

Also, I think I saw Bedknobs and Broomsticks at the movies when it came out. SHEESH.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:37 pm

i know we now have some lax laws regarding the consumption of marijuana, but is 8am/5pm sitting in rush hour traffic really the best time to smoke that joint?
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby jvcc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm

sum yun gai wrote:i know we now have some lax laws regarding the consumption of marijuana, but is 8am/5pm sitting in rush hour traffic really the best time to smoke that joint?

Yes.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby Dusk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 am

sum yun gai wrote:i know we now have some lax laws regarding the consumption of marijuana, but is 8am/5pm sitting in rush hour traffic really the best time to smoke that joint?

I only ever drove stoned once. I was very, very, very careful... then again pot isn't my thing. I know people who have/maybe still do roll out of bed and smoke a breakfast bong.
I don't understand that.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Nyperold » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Hangman is really weird when you think about it. I mean, once you've apparently removed the man's head to attach it to the rope, shouldn't he be dead anyway? Reattaching his torso ain't gonna do much, and his limbs even less.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Well, this is a first. I've never found a CD in the ditch before. Fast food containers, receipts, blueprints, insulation, cigarettes, cigarette cartons, drink cans and bottles, yes. But this?

For the curious, it appears to be Ladiez Luv It 54 by DJ Cristyle.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 am

if the "ladies luv it" so much, why did they make 54 of them?

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby Nyperold » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:15 pm

53 just wasn't enough, I guess.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:04 pm

If the Empire was making clones, and midi-chlorians* determine your Force abilities, why not just clone someone with a high midi-chlorian count and have a Force army?

*I don't like this explanation for the Force.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby Skimba » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 am

Nyperold wrote:Hangman is really weird when you think about it. I mean, once you've apparently removed the man's head to attach it to the rope, shouldn't he be dead anyway? Reattaching his torso ain't gonna do much, and his limbs even less.

You're not saying the right words as you are playing then... mine always come back to life.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Nyperold » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:09 pm

UNOVA -- Trainers from all over are calling the ice bucket challenge "unfair," according to sources. "It's extortion, pure and simple," says Chili, co-leader of Striaton City's gym. "I support the cause as much as anybody, but I'd prefer to donate on my own terms." Other trainers, however, are not sympathetic. "I don't see what the big deal is," says Brycen, Icirrus City's Gym Leader. "My Pokémon got ice water dumped on him, and he's just fine." In a shocking move, Nimbasa City Gym Leader Elesa had the water dumped on <i>herself</i>. The resulting video broke viewing records within minutes.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:51 pm

I wonder if anybody's ever gone to up to a famous programmer to get an int signed.
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EsBe » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 am

Nyperold wrote:I wonder if anybody's ever gone to up to a famous programmer to get an int signed.

If that's a euphemism for "to get subtly sexually harrassed" then yes. Yes someone has. :stallman:
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby mulpis » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm

On Saturday I am meeting my daughter's new singing teacher for the first time. She is Russian and I am pretty embarrassed that I have no idea how to pronounce her last name. Can anyone help me out so I don't look like an idiot? Her name is Dr.Tyulkova.
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:33 pm

My guess is (tyool-kova (k sound like cola)). Not sure but that seems about right.
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby chrismachine » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

I would agree.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Mrs T is probably also acceptable

sum yun gai

Postby Skimba » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:47 pm

My previous doctor was Doctor T. Much easier than pronouncing Tsamasfyros.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby mulpis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Turns out its pronounced exactly as its spelled, with three syllables, which makes it pretty much impossible to pronounce with an American accent (without sounding like an idiot.) She told us to use her (easy to pronounce) first name, though, which has my daughter feeling quite grown up and awesome, since this is the first time in her life that she's been allowed to address an adult so familiarly. :-)
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby EvilJekyll » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Out of curiosity, would you mind spelling the proper pronunciation phonetically for us?
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby mulpis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Its tyool-KO-va. The first syllable sounds like "tool" with an extra vowel sound after the T. When she pronounced it in Russian, it almost sounded like "chool." When I try to say it, I end up with an extra syllable "tee-ool-KO-va," which she said was close enough right before she told us to just call her Yana. :-)
mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:10 am

This is only somewhat related, but I have a Taiwanese coworker whose name involves sounds that require various inflections that I can neither hear well or replicate effectively. So the strategy I and my other American coworkers have come up with is to Anglicize the hell out of his name. And he never complains or corrects us, but I feel like I'm being culturally insensitive.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Previous

Return to None of the Above