Random Thoughts

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby IanC » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

I just applied for a credit card. Feel so adult :lol:

(low credit limit, only going to use to make one purchase a month purely to help my credit rating )
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:36 pm

That's a good way to do it, Ian. If you make just a small number of purchases every month so that it's easy to pay off the monthly bill every month you'll not only build good credit but you'll never pay any interest so the card really does become a useful thing to have.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 am

If you are turned down or are at all worried you might start to abuse it, you can also boost your credit rating with a prepaid visa or mastercard :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:27 pm

I can't believe the Seahawks chose to throw the ball in that situation... I hate the Pats so much too, so this sucks.

mulpis
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby mulpis » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 pm

I have become so disillusioned with the NFL over the past few years. I didn't watch the game.

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:34 am

mulpis wrote:I have become so disillusioned with the NFL over the past few years. I didn't watch the game.

i didn't watch because it featured two teams who i actively cheer to see lose. since they couldn't both lose, there was no situation in which i could be satisfied with the outcome.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:52 pm

I didn't watch because I didn't need any help getting to sleep.
My Spamusements!

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Well no, not with all of the anime and RPGs you have around... ;)

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Puppy Bowl FTW!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 pm

The next person that brings up that stupid bullhonky rumour about warhammer fantasy moving to round bases will get punched in the face, i swear.
My Spamusements!

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 pm

We must move in very different circles.

(Sort-of-pun unintentional.)
SIGNATURE: GONE

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:23 am

Wait, Surbiton isn't Surrey. When did that happen?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ThisIsPonder
Loves Herbal Vi@gr@

Postby ThisIsPonder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:06 am

Just testing out stuff on a test account, don't mind me. :n/

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Since the beginning of the previous semester (sometime in August), I've almost entirely cut caffeine out of my diet. I get a bit from chocolate, but other than that I've only had three cups of coffee.

The result is that I feel less sluggish. Also, when I do ingest a large amount of caffeine quickly, via coffee, it actually affects me. I get jittery and feel like I look at things more intensely.

The upcoming semester starts Wednesday, and I decided that for four weeks I'm not going to have any drugs: specifically, no caffeine, no alcohol, no nicotine (which I get socially, every once in a blue moon, anyway), and no weed (which is my favorite). I both want to see if this will have a noticeable affect on my general health and mood and, at the end of the month, it will be fun to get back to druggin' again and see how much stronger the effect of each is.

I'll keep you all posted.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:54 pm

IanC wrote:The next person that brings up that stupid bullhonky rumour about warhammer fantasy moving to round bases will get punched in the face, i swear.

Oh god that actually happened didn't it? Though its not Warhammer Fantasy but Warhammer Age of Sigmar so i guess I was still right in a sort of weird way?
My Spamusements!

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Ah I remembered it but I wasn't gonna say anything :P The folks over on Warseer seemed a bit cut up about it

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:45 pm

jvcc wrote:Since the beginning of the previous semester (sometime in August), I've almost entirely cut caffeine out of my diet. I get a bit from chocolate, but other than that I've only had three cups of coffee.

The result is that I feel less sluggish. Also, when I do ingest a large amount of caffeine quickly, via coffee, it actually affects me. I get jittery and feel like I look at things more intensely.

The upcoming semester starts Wednesday, and I decided that for four weeks I'm not going to have any drugs: specifically, no caffeine, no alcohol, no nicotine (which I get socially, every once in a blue moon, anyway), and no weed (which is my favorite). I both want to see if this will have a noticeable affect on my general health and mood and, at the end of the month, it will be fun to get back to druggin' again and see how much stronger the effect of each is.

I'll keep you all posted.

And I somehow always imagined "experimented with drugs" was more free-flowing, party-all-night, four-day bender kind of thing. Not "control group and hypothesis" kind of thing :P

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 pm

sum yun gai wrote:And I somehow always imagined "experimented with drugs" was more free-flowing, party-all-night, four-day bender kind of thing. Not "control group and hypothesis" kind of thing :P

I had a chance to do magic mushrooms recently, but I declined. I'd been told by a fellow graduate student who's tried them that you need to have a solid 48 hours, be with someone who's sober, and get high with other people you trust. My brother and his roommate were the ones doing them, so I unexpectedly got to babysit them for a few hours. They were fine, though. We watched Fantasia, and they were utterly delighted when I made a cat out of a paper towel roll using a marker and some scissors.

Eliminating alcohol from my diet has not gone as well as I'd planned right out the gate. My friend and her husband with two young children invited people over for the first time in forever, as far as I'm aware, and they very much wanted it to be an evening for grown-ups. I would have felt a bit like a killjoy if I'd refused the daiquiris offered me. But I'll stick to no caffeine and weed for the full four weeks.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

ntw3001 wrote:Ah I remembered it but I wasn't gonna say anything :P The folks over on Warseer seemed a bit cut up about it

Yeah, the initial reaction wasnt very happy. Ive played a couple of games gof Age of Sigmar and the rules themselves are fine. But im not really sure about the fluff (like Slaneesh? He's pretty much gone, kidnapped somehow by the elves, sorry, Aelfs. The Great Horned Rat is now the 4th Chaos God. Despite still living in Nurgles garden shed.) and some of the rules for older races are dumb, like if you have a better moustache than your opponent if you use a certain Empire character, or if you talk to a Vampire special character you get re-rolls, etc.

Plus theres no real balance system? No points. People use "wounds" instead, but it still doenst help with, say, a Skavenslave and a Stormvermin both of which are 1 wound...

So im playing Warhammer 40,000 more. Since September i have been collecting and playing a Khorne Daemonkin army, i have enough painted (PAINTED) models for a 2000pt army now. Which is pretty amazing. I pretty much stuck to a no new models till i painted the rest sort of thing, which helped. I should post some pics. Next time I have them out I shall take some. Still adding to it too…

SEE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TALK ABOUT STUFF I LIKE. Sorry, im annoying people im sure.
My Spamusements!

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:01 am

I know a couple of people who paint stuff to relax, one does model cars and another does bird houses. I hear it's pretty satisfying when you get it just right.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Heres my most recent painted miniatures, a unit of Terminators.

My Spamusements!

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 pm

I wonder what a stair apprenticeship is like. I mean, you know it has its ups and downs, but...

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Nyperold wrote:I wonder what a stair apprenticeship is like. I mean, you know it has its ups and downs, but...

It probably goes kind of flat every once in awhile, too...

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Oh so you are around.
My Spamusements!

Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Nyperold » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Occasionally, yeah.

Return to “None of the Above”