THE HAPPY THREAD

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 am

jvcc wrote:Congratulations! Get those pictures up soon so we can awww over them.

Yes! We want pictures! Congratulations!

--J--
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 am

chrismachine wrote:I didn't really follow that post, despite the interludes. Anyway I assume that last part was directed at me since my thing was also quoted and it bigger news (to me) than Rick Astley, so thank you.

Due to some haphazard scrolling and not a little stupidity, my brain decided that Ian's quote was actually a continuation of your post. All one sentence. It was an outlandish situation you appeared to be describing, but not so utterly impossible that I immediately realised my error. Very confusing.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 am

ntw3001 wrote:Due to some haphazard scrolling and not a little stupidity, my brain decided that Ian's quote was actually a continuation of your post. All one sentence. It was an outlandish situation you appeared to be describing, but not so utterly impossible that I immediately realised my error. Very confusing.

That's because your brain is screwy.

That's OK though you wouldn't be here with the rest of us screwballs otherwise. :)

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:37 am

chrismachine wrote:Hey guys!

So I've been away for a short while cause the baby decided he'd had enough and came out on Monday, 2 weeks early. He's fine and so's mom, who got her wish, having been whispering to him that she'd like him to be 2 weeks early throughout the pregnancy. He weighed in at a whopping 6lbs. 3oz., so she got her wish that way too. Also, he currently looks about 90% like her and her dad, so... Hey, you know what? I think she got her wish on just about everything at this point! Anyway I'm thrilled. Pics to come.

Wait, what.. were you on Xbox Live during the delivery??
Warmest congratulations to both of you. Hoo boy, you're in for it now. :P
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:41 am

Hey it's that DUSK guy! Howdy!

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Grats JVCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And grats Chrism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooo spammies for spreading brains and seed! :lol:
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Dusk wrote:
chrismachine wrote:Hey guys!

So I've been away for a short while cause the baby decided he'd had enough and came out on Monday, 2 weeks early. He's fine and so's mom, who got her wish, having been whispering to him that she'd like him to be 2 weeks early throughout the pregnancy. He weighed in at a whopping 6lbs. 3oz., so she got her wish that way too. Also, he currently looks about 90% like her and her dad, so... Hey, you know what? I think she got her wish on just about everything at this point! Anyway I'm thrilled. Pics to come.

Wait, what.. were you on Xbox Live during the delivery??
Warmest congratulations to both of you. Hoo boy, you're in for it now. :P

Hahaha, no. Don't forget time zones. I think I did message you the night before regarding that game, but I can't be certain.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:15 pm

GRATS CHRISM!

My own good news: I got a new new job that pays like 35% more than my previous one (not a huge increase considering what I was making, but still...) AND it has normal 9-5 weekday hours AND I work with one of my best friends AND I actually get to use my brain while working!
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 am

Congrats on the new job, GF!

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 am

Binkatron5000 wrote:Woooo spammies for spreading brains and seed! :lol:

That sounds disgusting.

giantsfan97 wrote:My own good news: I got a new new job that pays like 35% more than my previous one (not a huge increase considering what I was making, but still...) AND it has normal 9-5 weekday hours AND I work with one of my best friends AND I actually get to use my brain while working!

Very good well done.

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Yay for job that sounds way better!!!! Gratsies GF!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Flirting with a lovely lady online. Won't lead to anything, but its fun! :)
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Congrats, Chrism!
I'll hopefully be posting something similar, come November. Not about being on XBox live.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 am

AAAaaaaa...everyone's making babbies! (Not me, mind you.)
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey! 35% increase in salary is a big deal, GF, until you get used to getting that "extra" money and it stops being really "extra". AND there comes a point where you realize that having a job that doesn't kill you by slowly draining your soul, is way better than earning that much more money. It sounds like a nice job, even if the moneys are not that awesome, is what I'm saying.

OMG BABBIES!!

:) I'm glad there are so many good news around here.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am

PonderThis wrote:Hey it's that DUSK guy! Howdy!

Sup
loofah wrote:Congrats, Chrism!
I'll hopefully be posting something similar, come November. Not about being on XBox live.

Awesome. Best wishes for the WHOLESALE CHANGES that are to come. Nah, it's great.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 am

Our nephew (Hubby's sister's son) graduated from high school today. I wanted to get up and shout "woo hoo," but I was afraid I might cry. I think he is probably the first person in their family to go to high school (not sure how many years of education Hubby's older brother got). When he came here 8 1/2 years ago, he didn't speak any English; now his English is better than his Spanish. :D

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:33 am

Good for him! What are his plans for after graduation?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm

My best friend called me yesterday after being stationed in Iraq for 7 months. He's back stateside and due into CO some time today!
He asked if I wanted to come down to see him this weekend...then he remembered that his wife and kids might want to spend some time with him also. :)
He's going to see if if I can come down Sunday. :lol:
:D :D
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 am

jvcc wrote:Good for him! What are his plans for after graduation?

I think he's going to the local community college. Not sure what classes he's planning on taking; he does like computers.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:15 am

Skimba, I'm glad your friend's back from Iraq!

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 am

I solved the mystery of the missing library book. The other day, I received an email from the public library system, that one of the five books I had returned a few days earlier was overdue. I called them about it, but they had not called me back. Last night, it occurred to me that I ought to go and check and see if maybe the book had been put back on the shelf without being checked in. Yep, there it was! I brought the matter to the attention of a library employee, and got the overdue charge removed. (Huge sigh of relief!)

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 am

I had that happen to me at a movie rental place before. I was being charged overdue fines for a DVD of The Life of Brian, so I pulled it off the shelf and brought it up the counter. The employee was still rude about it, though.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 am

jvcc wrote:I had that happen to me at a movie rental place before. I was being charged overdue fines for a DVD of The Life of Brian, so I pulled it off the shelf and brought it up the counter. The employee was still rude about it, though.

I hate it when people are rude like that, even when they or their employer is in the wrong. :( I'm glad the people at the library aren't rude like that.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am

fanelian wrote:Hey! 35% increase in salary is a big deal, GF, until you get used to getting that "extra" money and it stops being really "extra". AND there comes a point where you realize that having a job that doesn't kill you by slowly draining your soul, is way better than earning that much more money. It sounds like a nice job, even if the moneys are not that awesome, is what I'm saying.

So far the best part of my job is that my predecessor was terrible at it so I look like a genius in comparison hahaha
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Return to “None of the Above”