THE HAPPY THREAD

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby fanelian » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:56 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
fanelian wrote:Hey! 35% increase in salary is a big deal, GF, until you get used to getting that "extra" money and it stops being really "extra". AND there comes a point where you realize that having a job that doesn't kill you by slowly draining your soul, is way better than earning that much more money. It sounds like a nice job, even if the moneys are not that awesome, is what I'm saying.

So far the best part of my job is that my predecessor was terrible at it so I look like a genius in comparison hahaha


Most Excelent!
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
Posts: 6582
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

That didn't contain the quote before, did it? It was confusing when it didn't.

User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Binkatron5000 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Conditional offer has been accepted for a house! ZOMG my bf and I might own our very first home soon!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

User avatar
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:51 am
Location: La-la land

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:Conditional offer has been accepted for a house! ZOMG my bf and I might own our very first home soon!


me too, only i have to wait for the paperwork to clear because mine is a short sale :( but hey, maybe we can have a mutual house-warming party! :D
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.


traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 am

That would be AWESOME! Congrats!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

User avatar
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: The OC, CA

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 am

Congrats on future home ownership! :D :D :D
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 am

Yes, congrats all around!! 8)

User avatar
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2165
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 am
Location: Mexico. The place where the white boys dance
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby fanelian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm

ntw3001 wrote:That didn't contain the quote before, did it? It was confusing when it didn't.


It was confusing because, somehow, I managed to post my response in an entirely different thread.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 pm

SUMMER! YOU GUYS!!!! SUMMER AT LAST!!!!! It came yesterday!!!! It went from flooded and chilly to slightly less flooded and HOT, pretty much overnight! It's supposed to hit 33 C today (that's about 91-92 F) which is way better than the average of 10-15 C (50-59 F) we had just a few days ago.

I'm gonna go find a dry spot and lay in it. And get heat stroke. So worth it.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh I hate summer. TOO dang HOT FOR TOO dang LONG down here in these parts.

User avatar
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: World of Oddities

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Clueless » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 pm

PonderThis wrote:Oh I hate summer. TOO dang HOT FOR TOO dang LONG down here in these parts.

Even though I live in a rather cold country, I agree wholeheartedly. Oh, how I long for a cooling breeze...

EDIT: This post reminded me that I've got to change my avatar.

EDITEDIT: Changed! No more snow in the summertimes.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:I love how pleased the star is with it's copious armpit hair. That is a sentence I never thought I would find myself typing.



:D :wink:

User avatar
jvcc
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: USA

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby jvcc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Illinois gets really hot summers and really, really cold winters.

Oh, does everyone else in the world think that a dry heat is better than a humid heat? Because I've been to Houston, Denver, and New Orleans during previous summers, and I felt that the New Orleans heat was the easiest to handle.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

User avatar
Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
Posts: 1491
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: World of Oddities

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Clueless » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Depends on how much humidity we're talking about. I've found the summer heat quite easy to handle when it rains.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:I love how pleased the star is with it's copious armpit hair. That is a sentence I never thought I would find myself typing.



:D :wink:

User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Posts: 7547
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Skimba » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I was in Phoenix for my first time about 6 years ago and it was 10:00 at night and still 107 F out. My mom said "but it's a dry heat" I said "I don't give a flip - 107 is still 107."
It's 98F here today.
Image
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

User avatar
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 am
Location: One great big festering neon distraction

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby loofah » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm

I grew up mainly in the Phoenix area, so maybe I'm biased, but dry heat seems much easier to deal with than humid heat, because when you sweat, it ACTUALLY EVAPORATES. Instead of clinging to your body, making you feel like you're drowning in a hot tub.
I have been in 115F dry heat, and felt much more comfortable than 90F with 90% humidity. blech.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
Posts: 14912
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby James » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

PonderThis wrote:Oh I hate summer. TOO dang HOT FOR TOO dang LONG down here in these parts.

I know England isn't renowned for its heat, but it can actually get bloody hot sometimes, and at those times I suffer. Particularly at the office, which is a box directly under a big flat roof with minimal air circulation and the worst air conditioning known to man. I don't get enough sleep anyway, so when it's especially hot I die at my desk.

I do enjoy it when it rains, though. It makes a satisfying sound on the metal roof. The other day there was some pretty incredible thunder, too. Lightning struck right outside our window, and the power was pretty wonky for a while (the UPSes kicked in several times). What fun!


Clueless wrote:Even though I live in a rather cold country, I agree wholeheartedly. Oh, how I long for a cooling breeze...

You're from Sweden, right? It's been pretty dang hot some of the summers I've been there.
Last edited by James on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIGNATURE: GONE

User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
Posts: 6582
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 pm

jvcc wrote:Oh, does everyone else in the world think that a dry heat is better than a humid heat? Because I've been to Houston, Denver, and New Orleans during previous summers, and I felt that the New Orleans heat was the easiest to handle.


I hate humidity. It's straight-up unpleasant. It was humid here for a couple of days (until THUNDERSTORMS) and that wasn't nice. There was a party, and I woke up hung over with a stomachache and about two hours' sleep and there was a barbecue and I hadn't showered or brushed my teeth and then my friend wanted me to go to see a man with a guitar and I was like sorry man no dice and she went aww it's my biiirthday and it wasn't because that was the next day but as it turned out I couldn't go to the zoo the next day because I had to go to the job centre which is not quite as fun and I felt pretty bad even though that is not any fault of mine but hey how was your weekend?

User avatar
chrismachine
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6148
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:SUMMER! YOU GUYS!!!! SUMMER AT LAST!!!!! It came yesterday!!!!

For me, it starts tomorrow. Last day of classes was today :)
Image
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

User avatar
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: The OC, CA

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 am

A dry heat is a little easier to bear than humidity, but too hot is still too hot. The upside to the hot weather is that maybe my tomatoes will finally get ripe.

I'm happy I bought two pairs of nice flip flops so I don't have to force my sore toe into a shoe.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby PonderThis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 am

badplantmommy wrote:The upside to the hot weather is that maybe my tomatoes will finally get ripe.

My parents in Huntsville (TX) were just saying that they were at the tail end of tomato season. It's gotten so hot they're not sure if there'll be any fresh tomatoes to pick for this holiday weekend.

User avatar
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: The OC, CA

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:50 am

PonderThis wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:The upside to the hot weather is that maybe my tomatoes will finally get ripe.

My parents in Huntsville (TX) were just saying that they were at the tail end of tomato season. It's gotten so hot they're not sure if there'll be any fresh tomatoes to pick for this holiday weekend.


Tomato season over already? How sad! :( That's too hot!
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

User avatar
jvcc
Impresses the Females
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: USA

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby jvcc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I went to see Second City in Chicago with my family yesterday. It was awesome and hilarious. :) All of the performers were talented, but there was one guy in particular who was really talented. He looked like a young Hugh Laurie, and he could do physical comedy, make weird expressions, and come up with jokes on-the-spot. Loved it.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

User avatar
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Nyperold » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 pm


User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:10 am

So we just had a home inspector investigate the house we put in an offer for... oh my god. It's so bad. It's either going to collapse, electrocute us, or burn down to the ground, and if that doesn't happen immediately then the millions of other issues will make us broke. You know it's bad when the inspector starts by saying "I'm not going to condemn the house outright, but..." Hahahahahahahaha.. So yeah. Although it looked super pretty, the renovations were just masking all the problems.

So that's a no go. Which is actually a good thing! We went back to the drawing board, started looking for more houses, and then we noticed one of the very first houses we looked at (and fell in love with, even though it was out of our price range) went down in price! ZOMG! Now we can afford it. I really really really really hope this one works out!!!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
Posts: 11928
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:So we just had a home inspector investigate the house we put in an offer for... oh my god. It's so bad. It's either going to collapse, electrocute us, or burn down to the ground, and if that doesn't happen immediately then the millions of other issues will make us broke. You know it's bad when the inspector starts by saying "I'm not going to condemn the house outright, but..." Hahahahahahahaha.. So yeah. Although it looked super pretty, the renovations were just masking all the problems.

That makes you think what those idiot owners were thinking. If Canada is like the US, a thorough inspection is not just a good idea, but required before a house can be sold. And any inspection is going to find all that stuff! :?

Binkatron5000 wrote:So that's a no go. Which is actually a good thing! We went back to the drawing board, started looking for more houses, and then we noticed one of the very first houses we looked at (and fell in love with, even though it was out of our price range) went down in price! ZOMG! Now we can afford it. I really really really really hope this one works out!!!

Hooray for serendipity! I hope this one works out for you, too. :)


Return to “None of the Above”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest