THE HAPPY THREAD

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Skimba » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Houses here are still wayyyyy expensive. 850 Square Feet for about $185,000....that's one bedroom bigger than the current apartment I have. The houses in my neighborhood (that I love) are starting about $280,000 and up. It's crazy. I could afford to buy a house in bumblefuck, Colorado and have a nice 2 hour commute to work...nah, I'll pass.

Anyway - I hope both Bink and SYG get homes they love and stuff!

I got to see my best friend this past weekend - that was very good - so I'm happy!
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:we noticed one of the very first houses we looked at (and fell in love with, even though it was out of our price range) went down in price! ZOMG! Now we can afford it. I really really really really hope this one works out!!!

the house i currently have an offer on is dicking me around so i went poking around online and also found the very first house i looked at back on the market. it was listed at slightly more than when i first saw it, but the back yard alone is well worth the difference. two problems though: (a) it needs a sewer lateral and (b) they've already accepted an offer by the time i saw it listed :cry:
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:18 am

Gah, sewer problems are no fun. And the idea of a house dicking you around... made me think of this:
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:34 am

I could've gone my entire life without seeing that.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Had a long, productive day at work. Feels good, man. Waiting for my girlfriend to get off work. She made some awesome lasagna for dinner tonight because she's a great cook (she's also very pretty). We're gonna eat at her place then go see Horrible Bosses, which looks like an awesome movie. I'm really excited about that because it has both Charlie Day and Jason Bateman in it, which are also the stars of two of the best sitcoms in the last twenty years, It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development.

I looked at some of my old posts on here and this scenario is definitely an improvement from being excited about a night of doing heroin with the boss' daughter. I think I might have even matured in the past six years.

HOLY poopcakes.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm

traubster wrote:I looked at some of my old posts on here and this scenario is definitely an improvement from being excited about a night of doing heroin with the boss' daughter. I think I might have even matured in the past six years.

HOLY poopcakes.

Indeed, I thought this was a lead up to a joke of sorts, and was like WHERE IS THE PUNCH LINE?!
Maturity. That's a zinger.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

traubster wrote:Had a long, productive day at work. Feels good, man. Waiting for my girlfriend to get off work. She made some awesome lasagna for dinner tonight because she's a great cook (she's also very pretty). We're gonna eat at her place then go see Horrible Bosses, which looks like an awesome movie. I'm really excited about that because it has both Charlie Day and Jason Bateman in it, which are also the stars of two of the best sitcoms in the last twenty years, It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development.

I looked at some of my old posts on here and this scenario is definitely an improvement from being excited about a night of doing heroin with the boss' daughter. I think I might have even matured in the past six years.

HOLY poopcakes.

I think I get it. You're naturalizing yourself in civilized society so as to puncture its very heart, a killing blow all the more agonizing and decisive. How devious.

That said, Arrested Development genuinely was very good, so WHO THE HELL KNOWS?

(Ending sentences with a sudden outburst of capital letters is a pattern I will never tire of. I said NEVER TIRE OF.)
SIGNATURE: GONE

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:40 pm

James wrote:(Ending sentences with a sudden outburst of capital letters is a pattern I will never tire of. I said NEVER TIRE OF.)

Yeah, I think I might've gotten that from you. I'm not sure. OH WELL.

That being said, Horrible Bosses was one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. Much better than The Hangover. I dunno why so many people loved that movie. What a bunch of 'tards...

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 pm

traubster wrote:What a bunch of 'tards...

Re— or bas—? Actually, that gives me an idea:

BASTARDS vs RETARDS
TELEVISED BLOODSPORT

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:40 pm

James wrote:
traubster wrote:What a bunch of 'tards...

Re— or bas—? Actually, that gives me an idea:

BASTARDS vs RETARDS
TELEVISED BLOODSPORT

Retards all the way. Super-human strength is always gonna beat daddy issues.

Maybe if the bastards get a gun. That would make it interesting, but might just degenerate into retard hunting...

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 pm

traubster wrote:Much better than The Hangover. I dunno why so many people loved that movie. What a bunch of 'tards...

I know. Right? It wasn't even outstandingly bad. It wasn't outstanding in any way. It brought me a couple of hours closer to death, is all.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 am

traubster wrote:Maybe if the bastards get a gun. That would make it interesting, but might just degenerate into retard hunting...

That's the thing about bastards, though: they wouldn't care.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm

ntw3001 wrote:
traubster wrote:Much better than The Hangover. I dunno why so many people loved that movie. What a bunch of 'tards...

I know. Right? It wasn't even outstandingly bad. It wasn't outstanding in any way. It brought me a couple of hours closer to death, is all.

I think some people just want to be cool and act like they can relate to such zany, alcohol-induced ongoings.

James wrote:
traubster wrote:Maybe if the bastards get a gun. That would make it interesting, but might just degenerate into retard hunting...

That's the thing about bastards, though: they wouldn't care.

Ha, very true.

The more I think about it, I would love to see some bastards torn asunder by a pack of retards. Afterward, they get all the ice cream cake they can eat! Sponsored by Dairy Queen®.

So Good, It's RiDQulous!™

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

traubster wrote:The more I think about it, I would love to see some bastards torn asunder by a pack of retards. Afterward, they get all the ice cream cake they can eat! Sponsored by Dairy Queen®.

You should pitch this idea to NBC.

I'ma ramble about houses again, I HAVE NO OTHER OUTLET BECAUSE MY LIFE IS NOT A LIFE! Or something. So, house number 2: we like it. But asking price is out of our league. For the heck of it we lowballed an offer, they countered by barely budging, so we went up a bit, they countered again with something too high for us to afford. We said no and began looking at other houses. Then last night they said LOL JK WE WILL TAKE YOUR LAST OFFER HAHA.
So we got a pretty dang sweet deal (found out that they sold to us for less than the worth of their mortgage, so they lost a bit of money on the house...) But are still waiting on the inspection. If all goes well, we take possession Aug 15! It has a gorram hot tub!

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 am

Binkatron5000 wrote:(found out that they sold to us for less than the worth of their mortgage, so they lost a bit of money on the house...)

Hooray for the crappy housing market!

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 am

PonderThis wrote:
Binkatron5000 wrote:(found out that they sold to us for less than the worth of their mortgage, so they lost a bit of money on the house...)

Hooray for the crappy housing market!

yes! if it weren't for the totally decidedly unpleasant housing market i could never afford to buy a decent house in california! i gave up on the short sale house because they were taking way too long to make the decision to approve it and found another one with a view of the bay. in one of those bizarre twists of fate, both houses accepted my offer on the same day :roll: i'm taking the one with the view though, because it's not only a better house but has had the entire interior remodeled and supposedly new roof and gutters. the only major drawback is no garage, but i can find a way to work around that. and if anything i figure i can always put a garage on later if i really want to :D

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 pm

sum yun gai wrote: i'm taking the one with the view though, because it's not only a better house but has had the entire interior remodeled and supposedly new roof and gutters. the only major drawback is no garage, but i can find a way to work around that. and if anything i figure i can always put a garage on later if i really want to :D

Woohoo! Remodeled house with a view, that's exciting :D Graaaats! And if you ever do build a garage, it'll be nice having control over the layout and size and stuff.

The view from our back yard is... field! It's on the very edge of the city in a nice neighbourhood. It'll be awesome to have the BBQ going, relaxing in the hot tub while watching the sunset. Something I never thought possible, at least not until wayyyyyy in the future.

A bit of a housing crash is starting to happen in my city now, but for the last few years housing was crazy expensive. 2004-2007 was a good year to buy because the prices skyrocketed after that... until now. Dun dun dunnnn. So that plus the fact that the previous owners had already moved a few months ago and just wanted the house off their hands means we got a good deal.

Sorry, ramble ramble. YOU CAN'T STOP ME! MUAUAUUAHAhahahhahahahaaa.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:00 pm

That is freakin' amazing! :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:
traubster wrote:The more I think about it, I would love to see some bastards torn asunder by a pack of retards. Afterward, they get all the ice cream cake they can eat! Sponsored by Dairy Queen®.

You should pitch this idea to NBC.

WAIT A MINUTE, let's all remember whose idea this was in the first dang place! Christ!

I reckon Channel 4 would probably pick it up.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:48 pm

I hope the house stuff works out, Bink! How exciting. :)
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 am

"View of the bay"? So where you at nowadays, syg?

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm

oh you know. near the bay and stuff :P

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 am

His location clearly states "La-la land", guh!

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 am

Yes! I discovered how to hide from Facebook chat! :D
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Clueless » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 am

Every summer there's a fair near where I live. It's one of those great ones where they sell pretty much everything;
You could be looking at some clothing when you turn around and see an entire stand filled with comic books. next to that is some tv-shop-esque cleaning product, and next to that is a stand with toys and candy, across from which there's a stand with jewelry right next to the death metal accessories and so on. And pretty much everything is really cheap.

I bought five video games for 558 kr (Swedish crowns (SEK),I'm too lazy to convert it to other currencies, so here's a link), and two hats for 360 kr.

So, yeah. I'm pretty happy with that.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:I love how pleased the star is with it's copious armpit hair. That is a sentence I never thought I would find myself typing.

:D :wink:

Return to “None of the Above”