THE HAPPY THREAD

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: THE HAPPY THREAD

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:08 pm

ChrisM FOR SERIOUS? Nice pad!!!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby chrismachine » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks! We'll be trying to move in Thursday :)
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Skimba » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm

SNOW DAY! SNOW DAY! Wheeee!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby chrismachine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

I've had 5 so far, which has been excellent. 3 in the last 2 weeks leading up to report cards, so I am quite grateful to whatever sky-gods.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby Skimba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

Yesterday was the best Fruit Day I've had since 2008. Spectacular. Down with Scurvy!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby EsBe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 am

Skimba wrote:Yesterday was the best Fruit Day I've had since 2008. Spectacular. Down with Scurvy!

Fruit Day, eh? Well today is shaping up to be a splendid Cheap Candy Day.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby Skimba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:30 am

Skimba THROUGH TIME wrote:So, here's the background on Fruit Day:
In highschool, and just afterwards, most of my friends and I were singles.
One year, as valentine's day approached my friend Frank and I were discussing the factors and attributes of that day.
We discussed how it was such a horrible holiday. Why horrible, you may ask?

Well, what do people give and get on that day?
Jewlrey, because it's stereotypical (and it can be pricy to those without the real cash for it), chocolate/candy that's bad for you and flowers that die.

So, he and I decided to come up with a better way to celebrate those you care for. Those who aren't getting any other of that stuff. We decided to start giving our single friends fruit. It's naturally good for you (for the most part), can satisfy hunger, can taste sweet, tart, be eaten by itself or mixed in with others.
So, that year, and every year since, I, single or not, [edited for clarity, 2012] make fruit available for all my friends on February 14th.

And yes, today would be cheap candy day. However, my personal preference for that is November 1st.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby EsBe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 am

Yes, it is probably the least satisfying Cheap Candy Day of the year, seeing as how you have to dig through piles of chalk hearts to find anything good.
EsBe
Apparently Still Unemployed

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 pm

As far as I'm concerned every day is Cheap Candy Day. Except for International "It's June 8th" Day.
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.
Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby jvcc » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I've been struggling to write a paper for a class for the past several days, and I believe that I have overcome my writer's block and finally gotten my mojo back.

ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby PonderThis » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Mojo Jojo is good mojo.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby fanelian » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:06 pm

I was upset that the electric window in the driver's side of my car is not working and I don't really have money to repair it but I was forgotting that my car is still new enough to be under warranty :D

I shouldn't have to pay for that, I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow morning :)
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 am

I have mostly accomplished making my RPM album. I have ten finished songs, but one of them I am attempting to rap over right now. I have rapped a couple times before for this one guy's trip hop type project - I find it kind of hard but it appeals to my sense of word play and obscure references.

Oh, also more importantly, I found some of my old toys:

PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Nyperold » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Raphael I know, and Voltron I know (sort of), but who...?
Nyperold
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 pm

The guy on the left is Spawn. I don't remember being into the non-child-appropriate comics/movie/etc as a kid, so I must have just had the toy because I thought it looked cool. Also, the one in the middle is megazord from Power Rangers, but I guess it's pretty easy to mistake for Voltron because both have that whole "robotic animals combining into one big robot" deal. Space-suited Raphael is from that weird period where I guess they ran out of Ninja Turtles characters to make new toys of, so they just started putting the turtles themselves in costumes they never actually had in the show. I remember figures of them dressed as punk rockers, rappers, clowns, mariachi singers, etc.

Also: 1400th post for me.
PonderThis wrote:Back in olden times people found solace in Jesus. Nowadays it's Sonic The Hedgehog.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:55 am

My niece (actually my best friend's oldest daughter) is going to have a baby girl.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby jvcc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 pm

badplantmommy wrote:My niece (actually my best friend's oldest daughter) is going to have a baby girl.

Congrats! To her!
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Good news, everyone!

Preparations for beginning my thesis are under way. I'll have to submit a proposal in the fall semester and then my defense will be in the spring 2013 semester, if all goes according to plan. And then I will have a sweet, sweet Master's degree that will serve as a testament to my knowledge of obscure Victorian poets.
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 am

congrats in advance...?

oh wait, i mean:

congrats THROUGH TIME :)
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby badplantmommy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

jvcc wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:My niece (actually my best friend's oldest daughter) is going to have a baby girl.

Congrats! To her!

Thanks! The baby is due in July, and I'm already starting to look at baby stuff. :)
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:05 am

Hubby is visiting his family in Mexico. He called me this evening to let me know they were all ok. They didn't even feel the earthquake there.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby quetzalcoatlus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

I might get to soundtrack a video game, guys! My friend is aware that I make weird electronic music as a hobby, and happens to know someone who is working on a game (an independently developed one, I guess) and wants ambient music for it. It's kind of funny, because I'd recently been thinking of doing a bunch of ambient pieces and pretending it was a soundtrack. As of now all I know of this game is that it's some sort of RPG, has a main character who is losing his mind, and might take forever to actually be finished. I figure it'll be a cool thing to have under my metaphorical belt whether or not the actual game sees the light of day. At worst I'll just have a real soundtrack for something that doesn't exist instead of a fake soundtrack for something that doesn't exist.
quetzalcoatlus
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby badplantmommy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Yay! Hubby's home! :D
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby James » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:47 am

quetzalcoatlus wrote:I might get to soundtrack a video game, guys! My friend is aware that I make weird electronic music as a hobby, and happens to know someone who is working on a game (an independently developed one, I guess) and wants ambient music for it. It's kind of funny, because I'd recently been thinking of doing a bunch of ambient pieces and pretending it was a soundtrack. As of now all I know of this game is that it's some sort of RPG, has a main character who is losing his mind, and might take forever to actually be finished. I figure it'll be a cool thing to have under my metaphorical belt whether or not the actual game sees the light of day. At worst I'll just have a real soundtrack for something that doesn't exist instead of a fake soundtrack for something that doesn't exist.

Cool. I'd be interested to hear some of that.
SIGNATURE: GONE
James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby jvcc » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 pm

I got a teaching assistantship for the next academic year so I'll get to teach some lil undergraduates about words and book-learnin' and the like. And I will soon be signing a lease for a cheap apartment with almost all the amenities included that is within walking distance of my campis. And a professor offered to help me with my thesis over the summer. And I'm going to get co-authorship credit for something that will get published by Oxford Journals next year.

:D
jvcc
Impresses the Females

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above