Beating heart on the internet

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Re: Beating heart on the internet

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Skimba wrote:Into the darkness.

It is completely dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:16 pm

sum yun gai wrote:
Skimba wrote:Into the darkness.

It is completely dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue

If this predicament seems particularly cruel,
consider whose
fault
it could be
not a torch or a match in your inventory.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Saltine wrote:I think there has been a little bit of banning here, right? Didn't traubster get temporarily banninated due to private messages he sent to chro^H^H^H^Hsomeone?

He went beyond PMs. He actually emailed me with some bogus email site, pretending to be Stevenf, and offered to give me a gift under said guise. I wouldn't have even told anyone had it not been for the fact that he used Stevenf's name, and I had to respond. But his banning only lasted a day or two.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

kvn8907
Needs Your Bank Info

Opportunity

Postby kvn8907 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Nyperold wrote:Well... in a way, they make their own bed. Admins who abuse their power can easily find themselves without membership. It's not like a government over a country, where it's a real hardship to pick up and move; people can very easily stop coming. So yes, they have the legal right to administrate as they see fit, but if it's not a fit way to administrate, then there are some natural consequences, such as people leaving who weren't actually banned.

Actually, that's surprisingly true. I had such support on Jimmie's Awesome Collection of Funny Pictures that a lot of people complained about the banning. In fact, I got messages from dozens of people saying that if I made my own funny picture site, they'd join it, meaning the banning can potentially have real consequences for Jimmie's site. I think the public posting of the conversation really helped it. Jimmie actually re-friended me and offered to re-open negotiations. So now, I'm in a tricky spot, where if I'm polite (but not groveling, otherwise it's against the entire point of the discussion of admin abuse) and shrewd, I might be able to convince him to unban me. But at the same time, if I mess up this opportunity (and by the way, I contacted two of the other admins, and while one already has a personal tiff with me, the other one is on my side), I might be banned from it forever.

More on this story as it develops. ;-)
according to the swear filter, kvn8907 wrote:Too bad the sort of get togethers I go to are generally too polite to use the term "fork"

PonderThis wrote:Watch it, slydon, I think he's just trying to butter you up.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 pm

kvn8907 wrote:I disagree. With power comes responsibility. Just because you have the power to do something doesn't give you the right to do it. In the same way a person with a gun could shoot someone, as that is within their power, that power doesn't make the shooting right. It's the same story with admins/moderators on forums. Just because they have that power, and CAN exercize it any way they see fit, doesn't mean they SHOULD do that. So, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "The fact that it isn't fair isn't really the point."

I think a better analogy would be kicking someone out of your house. It's your house, and you're perfectly entitled at all times to determine whether or not somebody should be in it. That doesn't mean you wouldn't be a dick for suddenly turning on someone for no obvious reason, but it's your house, and you have no duty to house people in it. Forums aren't really a public service, unless they decide to frame themselves as such. They are, at least in some cases, private communities run by private individuals. I guess it gets a bit messy when it comes to discrimination by group (analogous to a private club banning a minority), but as far as I'm aware, that's not what we're dealing with. Legally, Jimmie has done no wrong; morally, little if anything; socially, he may have made a significant misstep, depending on the specifics of the situation.
SIGNATURE: GONE

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:41 am

Don't worry, kvn. The forum system is naturally self-regulating, just like an unfettered free-market econoHAHAHA just kidding aw man wouldn't that be great
--Saltine

vyira
Master Spamuser

Postby vyira » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:41 am

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

vyira
Master Spamuser

Postby vyira » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Return to “None of the Above”