Places I Have Been

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Dusk » Sun May 30, 2010 9:47 am

Oh god I dunno. Lots. Not Europe, though.
Never Europe.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
User avatar
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:05 am

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Skimba » Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 pm

In current memory? Hmmm...
Probably be easier to state which US states I have NOT been in.
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Alaska.

I've been to the Bahamas.

Not in current memory:
I was not born in the United States.
Hawaii, Kwajalein.

Not too much traveling, I've been pretty poor.
I really want to go to the Galapagos Islands, England, Ireland and Australia some day, and go back to Kwajalein.
Image
User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby ntw3001 » Sun May 30, 2010 1:34 pm

So where were you born? Somewhere cool like the North Pole, or, uh, I don't know. The Pitcairn Islands.
User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
 
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby James » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 am

Dusk wrote:Oh god I dunno. Lots. Not Europe, though.
Never Europe.

Then I can guarantee we've never shared a continent. I should probably travel further one day, but as soon as I try to pin that down to any particular moment in time it suddenly seems like an enormous effort and very disruptive.

PLACES I HAVE BEEN:
England
Scotland
Wales
Ireland (I don't remember that one; I think it was for a wedding and I think I was very young)
Sweden (specifically Stockholm, the south-east coast, and Öland)
Denmark (mainly Legoland)
France
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Italy

That's all I'm certain of. I've passed through other countries (we used to go on driving holidays because dad didn't like being without his car), but those are the main ones I remember. We went skiing one time, and I don't remember what country we were in. It seemed to be on the border of about a billion. Or three. Oh, I might also have been to Greece. I don't remember.

There's a good chance my four-year-old nephew has traveled further than I have. He's been to Australia several times, Sweden at least twice, Greece or Spain or some hot place like that, and is currently in Boston for a wedding. His carbon footprint must be appalling.
SIGNATURE: GONE
User avatar
James
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 14873
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Surbiton, England

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 am

Pff. Ain't no point taking a kid to a place. Just put a can opener on a low shelf before you go to the airp. I can say from experience that being a kid on holiday is exactly the same as being a kid anywhere else, except you have to sleep in a hotel.

Anyway,
James wrote:England
Scotland
Wales
Ireland


England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Inside
Outside
Inside
In

I didn't have any need for this not-rhyme, but others did. For skipping.
User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
 
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby PonderThis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 am

Dusk wrote:Oh god I dunno. Lots. Not Europe, though.
Never Europe.

Oh come on TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US
User avatar
PonderThis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11795
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Skimba » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:35 am

Oh yea, I've been to Canada also, but I wasn't born there.

ntw3001 wrote:So where were you born? Somewhere cool like the North Pole, or, uh, I don't know. The Pitcairn Islands.


I'll repeat:
I was not born in the United States.
Hawaii, Kwajalein.
One of these things is not part of another.
Image
User avatar
Skimba
Impresses the Females
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am
Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby loofah » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 am

Skimba wrote:I'll repeat:
I was not born in the United States.
Hawaii, Kwajalein.
One of these things is not part of another.
Weren't you paying attention in the last presidential election? Hawaii is clearly not in the US.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
User avatar
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 am
Location: One great big festering neon distraction

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 am

Skimba wrote:Oh yea, I've been to Canada also, but I wasn't born there.

ntw3001 wrote:So where were you born? Somewhere cool like the North Pole, or, uh, I don't know. The Pitcairn Islands.


I'll repeat:
I was not born in the United States.
Hawaii, Kwajalein.
One of these things is not part of another.


Ah for you see when you say Hawaii I'm all like well Hawaii is part of the US and this other mess of letters is presumably some segment of Hawaii. I'm sure you had it all figured what my error was, but I've told you anyway. To waste valuable time you could be spending reading the next post in this thread (If there is a next post. If not I'll settle for taking up the time you would be spending looking at a different thread or a different internet altogether my point is you are closer to death now than you were when you started reading this post and it is MY FAULT).
User avatar
ntw3001
Group Captain
 
Posts: 6470
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby slydon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Places I have been:
most of the US east coast (Maine, NH, RI, Massachusetts, Vermont, CT, NY, NJ, PA, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Florida)
other states (Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, MN, SD, Indiana)
countries (England, France, Canada, Latvia, Soviet Union)
User avatar
slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Dangerously close to Bachmann country

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Canada: BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Montreal
USA: North Dakota (just Minot, so it doesn't really count ;)). And soon Missouri.
Europe: Germany, France, Switzerland... not sure of the specifics as I was fairly young.

Need moar travellin's!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:And soon Missouri

That's too random for me to not ask WHY
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10960
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby chrismachine » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico. In the states I've been to Maine, Cape Cod, Williamsburgh, Syracuse a dozen times for shopping, and hiking in the Adirondacks about 6 times. In Canada I've been shamefully few places outside of ontario, but I have been many places in Ontario.
Image
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
User avatar
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:11 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
Binkatron5000 wrote:And soon Missouri

That's too random for me to not ask WHY

Conference stuffs! Psychonomics plus TENNET. Two in one, can't go wrong with that :P
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:29 pm

I suppose it makes sense that a robot would be interested in human psychology.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10960
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:20 am

giantsfan97 wrote:I suppose it makes sense that a robot would be interested in human psychology.

Specifically their brrraaaiiins ;)
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
User avatar
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Null » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 am

loofah wrote:
Skimba wrote:I'll repeat:
I was not born in the United States.
Hawaii, Kwajalein.
One of these things is not part of another.
Weren't you paying attention in the last presidential election? Hawaii is clearly not in the US.

Actually, it was made an official state in 1958 as I remember. So perhaps Skimba is older than is commonly imagined.
User avatar
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:56 am
Location: TN

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby slydon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 am

ahh... neuroanatomy.. those were the days.
User avatar
slydon
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:16 am
Location: Dangerously close to Bachmann country

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 am

PonderThis wrote:Oh come on TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US TELL US

Oh alright. Ummm.. This is what I can remember. Just cities and areas.. not sure about states/provinces and there's other places I can't remember in Asia.
So, Australia - Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Albury (I only mention it because I lived there for some time).
North America &c. - Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Yosemite, Carmel, Monterey, Salinas, Pasadena, Las Vegas, Mexico, San Luis Obispo, Pebble Beach, Tijuana, Honolulu
Asia - Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Burma (Not long. Too many machine guns), Chiang Mai, Hong Kong, Macau, Foshan, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Tokyo, Osaka

Where I want to go: Germany, Russia, Canada, Italy, New York, Antarctica
I just spent ages on Google Earth trying to jog my memory. Google Earth is fun.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
User avatar
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:05 am

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby chrismachine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 pm

You can bunk at my place if you come to Ottawa.


Seriously though, I can help you find cool places to visit and stay if you ever do decide to come this way.
Image
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
User avatar
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby loofah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Dusk wrote:Where I want to go: Germany, Russia, Canada, Italy, New York, Antarctica
I'll be within spitting distance of Victoria in early July. If you go to BC then, we can have a minicon!
Last edited by PonderThis on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quote, gol flarn it!
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.
User avatar
loofah
Needs Your Bank Info
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 am
Location: One great big festering neon distraction

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Dusk » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:12 pm

chrismachine wrote:You can bunk at my place if you come to Ottawa.
Seriously though, I can help you find cool places to visit and stay if you ever do decide to come this way.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the thought.
There was an idea of doing a white christmas. at some stage, but who knows?
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
User avatar
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:05 am

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby chrismachine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 pm

It is beautiful around that time, and a month before the deep cold sets in, so normally nothing colder than you'd have seen before in the south. Let me know if something like this comes about, and I'll throw out a couple of suggestions for you to look at. :)
Image
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
User avatar
chrismachine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:56 pm

If you come visit Vermont on a thursday I'll show you where you can get $.25 beers
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
User avatar
giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed
 
Posts: 10960
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 am
Location: Vermont

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:57 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: It may be worth the gas money to go there.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
User avatar
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: NJ

PreviousNext

Return to None of the Above

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron