Places I Have Been

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.

Re: Places I Have Been

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:10 am

Aww I remember that one.

Beer.
A while ago I made three brews with some family members. One of them was based on a Labatts Blue recipe.
It was ok. It tasted a lot like one of the beers we have here, but I can't remember which.
I wanted to try to brew Dragon Breath (I think).. it was 10% alcohol.. but I never did. :(

I've tried some awful beers in my life, though. Belgian beers do not impress me in the least. I bought a very expensive one at the Belgian Beer Cafe once. It had cherry and all sorts of garbage in it and it tasted like puke.
There's a great place around here that sells all sorts of crazy foreign alcohol. I've had chocolate beer, all sorts of Trappist ales and this bizarre Caipirinha drink that got me drunk faster than anything I can ever remember having.
Corona is outrageously popular here in Western Australia. It's very easy to drink when it's 40˚.. but it's ridiculously expensive for what it is.

I enjoy James Squire Sundowner and Golden Ale. They are beautiful beers.
I drank a lot (a lot) of Heineken last weekend and am enjoying a Pale Ale at my current place of drinkage.
Sapporo is pretty good.
I drank a lot of Becks a few years ago, but it's kind of disappeared from a lot of places over here.
Steinlager Pure is very easy to drink and I've often ended up with a desk full of pretty green bottles before I know what's going on.

Actually, I'm curious about Australian representation overseas. I'm pretty sure Fosters isn't even made here anymore.
Do you guys see anything else from Australia?
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Skimba » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

I like wine from Australia.
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby EvilJekyll » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 pm

The yellowtail stuff? That stuff's pretty good. I'm surprised PT hasn't made this its own thread yet.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site
EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:50 pm

The only Australian ("Australian") beer I can think of off the top of my head is Foster's. Since you guys are famous for drinking beer, I'm glad to know you have better things than that.

God, I'm just ripping on beers now. I don't like Carling or Fosters. Any other beer widely available in the UK I can dig. Oh, not Grolsch. Bleurgh. My drink of choice is Guinness but NOT FROM A CAN never Guinness from a can.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby Skimba » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Denver Aquarium, back in...August or September. Sorry the images are huge, but I don't feel like re-sizing them all:

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Location: Skeleton!;Skeleton Key;Skeleton Girl;The Skeleton in the Closet;Skeleton Crew;Jack Skelington

Postby Null » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Sting rays look like floating happy faces. Is that a coelocanth in picture three?

Picture two is an excellent portrait.
Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Binkatron5000 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm

The red thingy in picture 7 is really neat!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm not sure. I was writing down what I was photographing, but I lost the paper.

The red-thing is part of "The Coral Lagoon" area. I liked it too. :)
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby ntw3001 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 am

EVERYONE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE FISH I choose chainsaw face fish. I anticipate a heavy win for chainsaw face fish.

The final picture is absolutely terrifying. If that glass hadn't been so durned reflective I'd make it my desktop background. Nonetheless, it's probably good that the glass was there.
ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby chrismachine » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:15 pm

I choose the neanderfish from the second photo... the guy with the sloped forehead.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.
chrismachine

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 pm

MysticalDescent

Postby Dusk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 am

I like SHEEPISH SNAGGLETOOTH FISH (second last one).
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.
Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Skimba » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

Mine are the turtles. Although, they are not fish, but meh....Turtles all the way!
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 pm

i have just been through the sprawling european megalopolis's of amsterdam, trondheim and paris. i found this in the amsterdam airport and it made me think of spamusement:

this was found on a post in trondheim, norway. not sure what the message is supposed to be but these "bro" signs were everywhere. obviously, the "anti-bro" contingent felt a need to be heard:

if you look closely, you can see me and my girlfriend in the mirror on this street in amsterdam. this pic was her idea, actually:

we witnessed someone's bike commit suicide in amsterdam by jumping into the canal. it was quite sad:

this contraption in trondheim (when it works) carries you and your bike up the largest hill in town so you don't have to kill yourself trying to ride up on your own power:

this is the famous Nidarosdomen in Trondheim, the (almost) 1000 year old cathedral:

Trondheim at night, with Nidarosdomen lit up:

this was for sale for over €14,000 at an art exhibit in paris:

view from the second deck of the eiffel tower:

one of my favorite pics i took from notre dame cathedral:

sacre coeur (which i believe is pronounced "sayk-ruh co-ee-ur" :P )

i took too many cool pics of versailles, so you're just gonna have to flip through the album yourself :)

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m267 ... ersailles/
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."
sum yun gai

Postby jvcc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 am

In the pic from the Eiffel tower, the forefront looks very old and architectural, but the farther back you go the more it looks like any American city to me. I really dislike that sort of city--something about all those tall rectangular buildings next to each other is incredibly unappealing to me.

But now I've sullied your beautiful pictures with my pessimism. Your trip looks like it was wonderful. Quite sorry to hear about that bike, though. He will be missed.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes
jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Those are all really cool! I had fun on a trip I took to Amsterdam as a 17 year-old too, it really is a lovely place.
chrismachine

Postby Binkatron5000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Wonderful! Hahaha I love the Liquors of the World especially. And the Nidaros Cathedral is sooooooo beautiful!
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.
Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Skimba » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 pm

St. Augustine Alligator Farm...I could not resist:
Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 am

HA!
chrismachine

Previous

Return to None of the Above