Opinions?

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Chrono Crow
Spam King

Opinions?

Postby Chrono Crow » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:00 am

Alright, so I've begun setting in motion the last part of reviving my forum. Yes, I'm still stuck on that. I have continued trying to find people willing to finish my banners. But I've squeezed the help dry (seriously, though, Jeck, Fan and Null, you're all amazing). So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I gathered several of my up on Facebook and made my own banner for one of the themes. Since you're all aesthetically-blessed, I'd like an honest opinion. I worked all day on the blasted thing, but that's mostly because I was interrupted every few moments. Advice and such is VERY welcome.

I made the banner for the Vox theme at This forum. I wanted to make it look like the buttons on the side, only bigger. I probably took a bit of a long road to accomplish that, but I'm not too familiar with advanced settings on Photoshop to attempt it. Anyway, just let me know what you think.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: Opinions?

Postby chrismachine » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:19 am

The "T" looks a bit conspicuous... maybe you should make all of the center column except the top and bottom blocks under the horizontal line the same colour as the rest, and do the same with the vertical line in the "G" if you get what I'm saying. Otherwise I like it.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 am

I'm not quite clear on what you mean, but those two were the most annoying for that very reason. They stand out really bad, but I had no idea how else to do them to make them legible.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:You should always make sure that all your important pussy cheese and uncle-rapist is backed up, in case your computer crashes.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I think if you're going to have lines going straight up, you might as well make lines on outlining the other letters.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Make the three brighter blocks in the middle of the G line and the 10 in the middle of the T line the lighter colour is my suggestion.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Image ?
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 am

I redid it. The G looks a bit like a toilet, but looks enough like a G to pass, and doesn't require me to abandon the style I'm going for. The T looks like an I, but I figure that the top "lights" are more important in defining the letters than the bottom ones are (the M for example), and with them spaced out more than the I's, it'll look more like a T. The T is a bastard, and I feel stupid for not knowing a solution that fits.
Attachments
MOB banner2.jpg
MOB banner2.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 4027 times

Null
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Null » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:51 am

Actually, I thought the first one was pretty cool. It looked like a candy bar. I couldn't make out the letters at first, but I kept at it until I did which (I am guessing) is what you were trying for anyway.

If you really want to make it less illegible I would suggest keeping the theme (the rising rectangles) and changing the color scheme to something more akin to sound recording levels. IE, make red (the top) spell out the letters, using cooler colors as the squares descend.

I should point out that I would never be hired as a professional designer, though. So there's that.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:58 am

Yeah, I just want it to sync up with the corresponding theme. If not for that, I wouldn't have even attempted the direction I went with it. But I've been wanting a banner like this for that theme, so it's about the only way to go.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Traubster Update: That is mostly terrible.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Half an idea. Make the T two bars wider, put the main line for the T back up the middle and at the far sides of the T fill in the top three bars on each side. If that doesn't make sense, I'm suggesting that instead of it being this style of T:

T

It's more this sort:

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

A different T design is an excellent idea, but would still force me to sacrifice the style I'm aiming for. I think I'm going to do it as it is now, because the more I see it, the more I start to want to scrap it altogether. And I've learned not to screw around with my indecisiveness. I do appreciate all the input, though. Thank you so much.

traubster
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby traubster » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:A different T design is an excellent idea, but would still force me to sacrifice the style I'm aiming for. I think I'm going to do it as it is now, because the more I see it, the more I start to want to scrap it altogether. And I've learned not to screw around with my indecisiveness. I do appreciate all the input, though. Thank you so much.

dang, your avatar is so appropriate.
"Not every moment can be awesome."

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:56 pm

I was going to suggest making the 't' into a little t, but then it just ends up looking like you're giving the middle finger.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 am

Look, you know how it is between us, but seriously those colours are rickin'-frackin' awful.
I know it's not constructive but you made my eyes hurt, so we're even.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 am

You're a funny guy, but you really are pretty dull when it comes to meaningful interactions. I can only assume your girlfriend/wife/life-partner got pregnant from a one-liner. I just. . . can't imagine you being intimate. But that's just me. Keep the laughs coming, though. It's not like you're here to make friends.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:04 am

Here, I played with the "T". And I like Jek's "G" best so I used that.
Moil.PNG
Moil.PNG (21.22 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Dude, that's a pretty heavy assessment to make based on a forum, and given your limited experience in such matters and admitted problems with relationships, I don't even know what you're basing it on. He doesn't like your design, others do. No need to turn it into comments you're making with the sole purpose of trying to say something you think will have the highest likelihood of hurting his feelings (which it won't) or make him feel like he's failed at hiding his true self behind his humour (which isn't going to happen either because it's ridiculous to think you can know that much about him).

Null

Postby Null » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking, glad I didn't say anything critical. Sheesh.

Ponder, yours looks great except there's too much space between the T and the O. I don't remember whether it's a fixed width or not, but maybe move the M through T to the right one notch?

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:33 pm

I just used the original widths so I think they're supposed to be two different words. Besides, I've already lost interest. SHORT ATTENTION SP

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Chrono Crow wrote:You're a funny guy, but you really are pretty dull when it comes to meaningful interactions. I can only assume your girlfriend/wife/life-partner got pregnant from a one-liner. I just. . . can't imagine you being intimate. But that's just me. Keep the laughs coming, though. It's not like you're here to make friends.

Now, why would you do that? You asked for opinions, he provided one. He doesn't agree with your sense of style, but he probably wanted to do it in a way such that it wasn't a direct attack. That's one of the functions of humor/laughter: diffusing the situation while still getting your point across. There's no point in attacking him directly. It's just mean.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm pretty sure Chrow was just trying to be funny by feigning sincerity.
My Site

Null

Postby Null » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Much as I dislike them, a smiley or two might have helped to convey the ironic nature.

Chrono Crow
Spam King

Postby Chrono Crow » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 am

I realize I was being a dick. But I'm really losing my patience with him. Perhaps I'm whiny, perhaps I'm seen as an insensitive prick, perhaps I'm uneducated and ignorant on a lot of matters I shouldn't chime in on. I realize these things. But every time I post something, he only comments if he has something to insult me about. I can't recall the last time he's ever said anything nice or even constructive to me. Most times, it's too blunt to be funny. Saltine and James mock me, but they do so with a light-hearted jab that everyone can laugh at. I often feel like there's some deep-seated hatred towards me when he comments. Like there's more than just what he says behind what he says.

No one said it was a bad design, just that it needed work. That's what I wanted. And if someone said it sucked, I have picked up and moved on. I wasn't planting a trap. But even he said it. ". . .you know how it is between us. . .". I can live with him disliking me for whatever reason, but hell if I'm going to just let him ridicule me savagely for no reason than to piss me off. You all know me. I overreact. But I'm a good sport. I'm the forum punching bag, but I laugh it off with the best of them. But there's something about Dusk's approach that really gets under my skin.

I showed him nothing but absolute support when he came here. I was the first to say his comics were my favorites. I never insulted him, and actually considered him to be one of the coolest people here. If he's so determined to follow me around to just point out my ignorance or lack of style, and never say a courteous word to me, then I won't give him the respect I used to. I won't say another thing to him after this. But I just wanted it to be known, I'm not the whiny, angsty hick he may think I am. And he has never given me any indication that he is more than a paranoid man-child.

I'm sorry to be such a bastard. I really do appreciate you all for the good times, and you don't deserve to be brought into the middle of a petty fight like this. I'm really sorry.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:32 pm

I'd marry DB if he asked.

*waits*
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Return to “None of the Above”